PDA

View Full Version : x360a Chat Rooms

Skidillydoo
02-17-2009, 03:07 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but the idea of a x360a Chat room would open up x360a to a new level. It will give a place for gamers to instantly chat live to other gamers, about games. Ofcourse moderation would be required, but as much as forums are great, and this forum is excellent, i think you would not only become more active than what you already are, but i think you would develop an even closer community through it.

I will also add that Chat IRC is not an option to many people, and alot are swayed from the idea of using an IRC chat room. Im talking more along the lines of a built in chat applet to the website. With "add friend" options along with other things other members might suggest. I dont want to turn this place into something its not, but personaly, in my opinion i see alot of potential for this place to become not only the guru of all games but also a haven for gamers to chat, socialize and talk games. Meet new gamers, create challenges and so forth..

LilMissRoxy
02-17-2009, 03:30 AM
This idea has been mentioned before and has been shot down numerous times. Main reason is that it just wouldn't be possible to moderate the chat 24/7 and chat rooms would kill forums. It's better to have questions answered permanently so everyone can see them as opposed to have questions answered over and over again in chat.

Hitchman
02-17-2009, 03:36 AM
It's better to have questions answered permanently so everyone can see them as opposed to have questions answered over and over again in chat.

Could you imagine having to answer the same question 1000 times. . .
i.e., "i have 99.48% complete on Bully: Scholarship Edition. Where do i find . . . . ."

That would be so annoying.