View Full Version : CoD3 - fabulously flawed

11-15-2006, 03:52 AM
I think most people will agree that CoD3 has some truly great moments and ideas throughout the game. Yet there are so many flaws that detract from this, at times it becomes almost unplayable.

It's a trend on many recent xbox360 releases to just 'put it out there' and sort it later. Personally I'm sick of it, and from reading other posts around here, it seems I am not the only one. I feel that we, as gamers, and members of this great community are in a valid position to pass comment. Afterall, we play the whole game in search of every achievement!

What I propose is to gather gamer's opinions through this thread and provide feedback to Activision via email. Looking for constructive well rounded criticism, but also highlighting what you believe works well in the game.

Enhanced graphics are excellent. Particularly the water effects, explosions and smoke.
Blur effects through sniper rifle lense etc are convincing and add realism.
Sound is crisp and clear with very good voice acting.
Inclusion of character classes in multiplayer matches adds to the experience.
Weapon options provide less of an advantage in multiplayer (i.e. Sniper rifle and shotgun do not provide such a huge advantage).
24 players online.
Online game modes are varied and 'war' is a welcome addition.

Difficulty in joining ranked matches.
Single player game is almost completely on rails.
No sense of achievement from shooting enemy as only way to advance single player game is by moving your team forward.
Inconsistant collision detection.
Inability to skip cut-scenes.
Poor AI on German soldiers.
Extremely poor AI on Allie soldiers.

Please add your opinions and try not to repeat comments already listed. Thank you for your time. Lets make a difference.

11-15-2006, 04:40 AM
Try looking on the Xbox.com forums about this game. Search for Call of Duty 3, and for the keyword put glitch. This game has so many problems its unbelievable.

Fonkey Monkey
11-15-2006, 04:43 AM
Extremely poor AI on Allie soldiers.

that was the same for cod2.....
but i enjoyed this game quite a bit....

11-15-2006, 04:49 AM
Try looking on the Xbox.com forums about this game.

Been there and to be honest thats the reason I want to do this here. Xbox forums are full of so much bullshit that it must be hard for developers to take much from it.
If it isn't people like us submitting opinions on their products, then who is it?

11-15-2006, 01:57 PM
Another flaw: sometimes you see enemies spawn! :(