PDA

View Full Version : Here's a suggestion, hiding forums locally

CutmanMike
02-17-2009, 04:39 PM
If this is impossible, go ahead and disregard this thread.

I can't be the only one who's noticed that there's a gajillion forums here, each for their own game. It's a good idea and I find it useful when I wanna talk about a specific game. Problem is that it requires a lot of scrolling about to find the games I'm after, or to see which forums have new posts. Here's where my suggestion comes in.

Have a little button next to each forum from the main page. Click it and that forum hides away. To get it back, you could have a new section in the user CP where you can pick which forums you want to hide. Maybe there's already a plugin for this sort of thing? I dunno. It would be useful for people like me who don't own 50+ xbox games :p

Asian47
02-17-2009, 05:58 PM
This has been suggested before, and was shot down. It shouldn't take you that long to scroll through the forums for a game, and if it does, you could just hit ctrl+F to search for it.

The Pants Party
02-17-2009, 08:11 PM
Well you can hide entire sections by hitting the little green "^" on the black bar of that section's name, though that might not help a ton since the entire Retail catalogue is in one section.

You could also use the "search for a game" box on the main site, and there is link on the right side to go straight to the game's forum once the search results come up.

You could also use your bookmarking feature of your browser. Not everything has to be solved on our end. :p

CutmanMike
02-18-2009, 11:41 AM
True, true. Was just a little suggestion I thought of during my snooze time at work :p

Evil Demon55
02-19-2009, 11:24 PM
I think there should be a check off option like for people who completed that game or do not own it yet... it would help and make it look neater. There is ctr+f... but that just brings you to it... doesn't "clean" it up... its a good idea, should be used but shouldn't be anywhere near top priority.