PDA

View Full Version : Ventran Achievement Question

Intruder6358
02-17-2009, 07:02 PM
I have completed the game on the Normal setting already. I am in the process of starting a new game, but what I did was load the level from Start and then changed the difficulty from normal to Hard and once done, it shows from that same screen that I completed the level on Hard. The problem that I am having is in the Achievement list within the game, on the ventran achievement is says that I have completed 0/14 levels for Hard. Will this work or do you need to start the game from the very begining selecting hard as the difficulty.

Thanks

sllick50
02-18-2009, 02:10 AM
I had the same thing happen. I have just been starting levels from the mission select screen on hard and it is counting the levels in the achievement spot.

TheToiletBrush
02-19-2009, 02:00 AM
Do you keep your boosters and data files from the previous playthrough, or do you have to collect them over?

A 2rue boofer
02-19-2009, 03:28 AM
you will have to start a new campaign and continue from their. and as the boosters and intel go you will loose all progress of those when starting a new campaign

FYC Punker
02-19-2009, 05:31 AM
you will have to start a new campaign and continue from their. and as the boosters and intel go you will loose all progress of those when starting a new campaign

no you dont what the hell are you talking about??

OP ignore that he doenst know what he is talking about.

you dont loose boosters or intel items just becuase you start a new game.

and i can 100% confirm that.

TheToiletBrush
02-19-2009, 04:14 PM
You are doing a mission select at a higher difficulty, not a new campaign at higher difficulty. Right?

o0EVIL0o x360a
02-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Your first mistake was starting the game on normal. This game is not hard on any of the available difficulties. I'm hoping they release Extreme DLC.

Doode
02-19-2009, 07:41 PM
I have completed the game on the Normal setting already. I am in the process of starting a new game, but what I did was load the level from Start and then changed the difficulty from normal to Hard and once done, it shows from that same screen that I completed the level on Hard. The problem that I am having is in the Achievement list within the game, on the ventran achievement is says that I have completed 0/14 levels for Hard. Will this work or do you need to start the game from the very begining selecting hard as the difficulty.

Thanks

You dont need to start the game from the very beginning. I had the same problem but if you go to mission select and play and complete a mission on hard it will count. I did missions on hard on my 2nd playthrough in a very strange order (going for the last intel and boosters). As long as in the mission select screens it says you completed the mission on hard you'll be fine.
Oh yeah, and you never lose your intel or boosters.

sllick50
02-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Your first mistake was starting the game on normal. This game is not hard on any of the available difficulties. I'm hoping they release Extreme DLC.
I hope they release ANY campain DLC. I was very disapointed with the campain achievements. Easiest 505 ever for FEAR, lacked any originality. I was really looking forward to the grind of beating it without dying.

Neo_HK
03-05-2009, 03:35 PM
What the F? i started a hard campaign. after 6 missions. it didnt show up 6/14!!!
no!!! why it didnt count!!! so i need to start from mission select screen???then i will get the achievement???