PDA

View Full Version : Double XP?

Redskinsfan26
02-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Does anyone think or know if F.E.A.R 2 is going to have any Double XP weekends at all to get ranked up faster :confused:

the_b1ues
02-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Hope so coz a million is just crazy.

laundryman
02-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Probably not. The devs in the game don't care nearly as much about their community as the Infinity Ward and Bungie (to name a few) do.

Absolutionz
02-17-2009, 10:09 PM
It'd be a really nice thing to do, but I doubt they will.

the_b1ues
02-17-2009, 10:18 PM
It'd be a really nice thing to do, but I doubt they will.

What would be even nicer would be to have a game mode that gives you 100,000 exp per round lol.

Redskinsfan26
02-17-2009, 10:20 PM
What would be even nicer would be to have a game mode that gives you 100,000 exp per round lol. I wouldn't complain about that :)

DeafSunchaser
02-17-2009, 11:26 PM
nah they wont have double xp!
million is a lot and prob the devs want it to be hight to keep players active?

bknight2k
02-17-2009, 11:46 PM
I dont think the developers care that much about the multiplayer.
Majority of the focus was in the single player campaign

KostinKid
02-17-2009, 11:59 PM
God I hope they do

MrEastSide
02-18-2009, 12:38 AM
Well, here is one thing I will say about the General achievement; you know that whoever ends up getting it whether boosting or legitimately really worked for it and deserves it. I think only the most devoted will get it and that will make it a prestigious achievement to have.

TheToiletBrush
02-18-2009, 01:53 AM
It would be nice if the multiplayer worked a little better or was more fun. The glitches, lag, and getting diconnected are getting old real quick. I have had several games where I had a ton of kills and such and get disconnected....no exp for that.

sllick50
02-18-2009, 07:31 AM
It would be nice if the multiplayer worked a little better or was more fun. The glitches, lag, and getting diconnected are getting old real quick. I have had several games where I had a ton of kills and such and get disconnected....no exp for that.
I agree completly it's really bad. In my opinion all of the FEAR multi-player's have been subpar. Just like The Darkness and Condemned 2 they didn't need multi player for a great game. I really don't understand why they have so much stock in the multiplayer achievements.

Deathblow23
02-18-2009, 04:19 PM
The MP wasn't an afterthought...it just wasn't thought through long enough. Whoever designed the XP system should be fired. As I have stated before...the best parts of MP for FEAR 2 will be paid-for DLC. This is Microsoft's new business model. Give you a little in the retail game...and charge you absurd amounts of $$$ for DLC that actually has better content than the disc. I would not at all be suprised if the DLC had spectacular new modes and maps,...and achievements.

In FEAR 1 there were really fun modes like slow-mo TDM that could easily be brought over to this game...or new types where the mechs could be everywhere. They could introduce more vertical map layouts, etc...and of course you will pay $10 for it...AT LEAST!!!

If you remember,...there were 2 free DLC packs for FEAR 1...and then another that had to be paid for. They were released in the early part of the summer in 07'. The sad thing is...the game's MP isn't THAT bad...but the rewards, XP, and achievements AAAAAARE that bad. The time you have to spend to make any progress in any area can't be justified and this is a shining example of poor planning on Monolith's part. Even if the DLC is the single most spectacular thing ever to be released on XBLM...it will be too long before it comes out and the community will be gone.

(sighs deeply)...so sad...a great opportunity for a great series has been missed...

TheToiletBrush
02-19-2009, 01:56 AM
Yep. When will they learn, we've already played this mp game over and over? If we like it, we'll play it. But don't try to bribe us into playing it for cheevos. I'm going to give it a couple of more tries and maybe a boosting session or two (if I can get the wife out of the house for a couple of hours), beyond that, I'm going to skip a slew of MP points. Screw it.

L Demonic I
02-21-2009, 07:14 AM
i highly doubt there is double xp

MrEastSide
02-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Even if they permanently gave double XP it would still take ages to reach general.