PDA

View Full Version : a F.E.A.R 2 review, and it's deletion

Aghwee
02-18-2009, 03:26 AM
As some of you may know I recently responded to a review posted on this site by Dan Webb. In my response I wrote my own comments, ratings, and made a number of evaluations.

In this thread I got a good amount of constructive criticism, but more than anything else, a large amount of trolling by upset F.E.A.R 2 fans taking my evaluation personally. Webb included.

This thread was deleted [without a private message, or post] directed to me.
I did not troll, bash, or make any rude remarks to posters. And despite Webb feeling I was acting condescending, I feel that an open discussion, and a NUMBER of reviews are healthy for this community. Including his claim that I rated this game lower than the most harsh of critics he was wrong. My average was exactly the same, and the overall rating was, in fact, higher. [Eurogamer gave it 5/10, my overall was 60/100]

I edited my posts according to constructive reactions, wrote evaluative claims on my opinion of the game, and tried to HELP GAMERS like me. It's a sad day when a constructive, helpful, thread is taken away out of spite.

The Pants Party
02-18-2009, 04:10 AM
I didn't see it so I'm not sure what all was said, but if a staff member deletes your thread, take the hint and don't make another one.

Creech
02-19-2009, 12:26 AM
I am pretty sure I am the one who deleted that thread, primarily because it was full of pointless flaming from a variety of people, including the OP. Healthy discussion is one thing, and disagreements with Webb don't bother me at all, but there are mature ways of going about it that did not happen in that thread.