PDA

View Full Version : Rank & General

xEndriux
02-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Yesterday I played my first ranked matches in Deathmatch.
For what I see, if you kill 5 enemies your score is 5, right ?
If so, how Monolith think I can get the General Achievement ?
Do they think people play this game for 6 months every day ?

daninthemix
02-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Yesterday I played my first ranked matches in Deathmatch.
For what I see, if you kill 5 enemies your score is 5, right ?
If so, how Monolith think I can get the General Achievement ?
Do they think people play this game for 6 months every day ?

Yes it's going to take fecking ages, even with boosting.

the_b1ues
02-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Yeh it going to take ages think everyone has worked that out by now.

jortat
02-18-2009, 01:51 PM
In team d/m I got around 250pts for a win and around 190 for a lose with a decent ammount of kills.
I have been told that the control point games can reap 1-2k points per game but I have not tried it yet so I cannot confirm this.

xEndriux
02-18-2009, 01:56 PM
In team d/m I got around 250pts for a win and around 190 for a lose with a decent ammount of kills.
I have been told that the control point games can reap 1-2k points per game but I have not tried it yet so I cannot confirm this.

Also considering 2k in 15 minutes it is too much time really absurd.
I wonder the reason why they give us such "unobtainable" achievements.
Counterproductive !!!!

daninthemix
02-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Also considering 2k in 15 minutes it is too much time really absurd.
I wonder the reason why they give us such "unobtainable" achievements.
Counterproductive !!!!

Same reason developers always do this - because they want people to play their game forever, and it to get in and stay in the Live top 10. What they always fail to realize is that without an amazing online that simply will never happen, and with an amazing online they don't need the achievements to do it.

I guess the programming Masters doesn't come with a Bachelor's in common sense.

xEndriux
02-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Same reason developers always do this - because they want people to play their game forever, and it to get in and stay in the Live top 10. What they always fail to realize is that without an amazing online that simply will never happen, and with an amazing online they don't need the achievements to do it.

I guess the programming Masters doesn't come with a Bachelor's in common sense.

Ok but in this way you have only let me say 100 people who play for the top rank instead if you give more accessible achievements you have 10000 people
playing for that.
They have to give us something that is humanly reachable

KemicalSupreme
02-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Could it be possible as your rank goes up, your exp gets larger?

xEndriux
02-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Do you mean that with higher rank you get more points for kill or other ?

Deathblow23
02-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Yes,...that's what he was saying,...and I doubt that is the case because you would have heard about it by now. There are a handful of guys who are getting on up there in XP and that info could have trickled down by now.

Some of the above comments were dead on...about wanting us to play their game forever...and trying to get and stay in the XBL Top 10. A funny note is that FEAR 2 released last week and it didn't even crack the Top 10 IN ITS DEBUT WEEK!!! Do they think it's going to crack it now?!?!?!

I hope Monolith are scurrying about worried sick about the fallout from this calamity with the XP system. I hope it keeps them awake at night and they are nauseated, etc. I visited the official forums and I didn't see too many irate comments...but that could be because mods deleted those threads. If they are going to blatantly steal ideas from Halo, COD, and Rainbow 6...then they need to have massive XP multiplier weekends just like they do. Actually,...a weekend wouldn't be enough IMO...it should last for a full 7 day week!!!

Think about this though...they tried so hard to pull from those top notch shooters...yet they have no party system. The one element that truly ties it all together for those shooters...and Monolith leaves it out. Maybe they should just stick to single player campaigns...they certainly have the talent to nail that part as they have clearly proven that with FEAR 1,2 and now the Condemned series.

o0EVIL0o x360a
02-18-2009, 05:12 PM
Honestly, I would have preferred a complete removal of the MP side of this game for the addition of Instant Action, Extreme difficulty, and a longer campaign. I play FEAR for the campaign, not this boosting nonsense that I'm forced to do for a month now. God damn completionism. lol

It's a real disease, trust me. lol

the_b1ues
02-18-2009, 06:07 PM
I wont general but i just dont think it worth all the time and effort i could do something better with my time.

Its like companys are trying to out do each other Seriously was the first now every game is making there numbers higher and higher.

Seriously - 10,000kills
Mecrs 2 - $100,000
Seriously 2.0 - 100,000kills
Farcry - Rank 30 which is like 100,000exp
and now
Fear 2 - 1 million exp

When is it going to stop.

xEndriux
02-19-2009, 08:08 AM
I wont general but i just dont think it worth all the time and effort i could do something better with my time.

Its like companys are trying to out do each other Seriously was the first now every game is making there numbers higher and higher.

Seriously - 10,000kills
Mecrs 2 - $100,000
Seriously 2.0 - 100,000kills
Farcry - Rank 30 which is like 100,000exp
and now
Fear 2 - 1 million exp

When is it going to stop.

Agree, even if Seriously 2.0 needs 20 hours so everyone can do it relatively easy but for Fear 2 is really absurd

ankle_spawn
02-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Honestly, I would have preferred a complete removal of the MP side of this game for the addition of Instant Action, Extreme difficulty, and a longer campaign. I play FEAR for the campaign, not this boosting nonsense that I'm forced to do for a month now. God damn completionism. lol

It's a real disease, trust me. lol

yeah mate, i was really upset when i saw the achies list, i really miss those extreme achies, they made the difference in this game. everybody can boost, not everybody has guts and skills to go extreme :(
i quote ur disease too, im trying to heal up, but i still feel i have to 1k fear :D as well as every other game on my GT :rock

Deathblow23
02-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Off topic...

In regards to "Seriously 2.0"...people shouldn't have rushed to get it. We all knew there would be DLC with achievements attached...and that you would have to play MP to get them...so why rush? I have only spent about 3 hrs grinding for that one because I know there will be more maps, etc coming down the pipe and I can work on any and all new achievements while I also work on Sly 2.0 as well.

There are even quiet rumblings that there will be campaign DLC as well. Since Sly 2.0 is a kill of any type...this could be used too. I'll get it...and if I run out of opportunities with DLC...THEN I'll start grinding.

o0EVIL0o x360a
02-19-2009, 04:33 PM
I nabbed Seriously to fix up my completion percentage. I knew they'd release DLC, but that's ok. I still got mine. ;)

RazerindemiX
02-21-2009, 01:32 AM
Does any one know how you can see what rank u are and what points u have so u can see how near or far u r from next rank ?

RazerindemiX
02-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Does any one know how you can see what rank u are and what points u have so u can see how near or far u r from next rank ?

ah no worries found it on the leaderboards of course DOH!:AR15

RazerindemiX
02-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Oh my god iv'e got only another 312212 xp to go for the next rank achievement thats a lot of game time for sure !:boom

iiTz
02-21-2009, 06:44 PM
It really, really pisses me off that they put this in without a system like RSV2.
I want XP in campaign.
NOW MONOLITH!!!!!

Absolutionz
02-21-2009, 09:27 PM
It really, really pisses me off that they put this in without a system like RSV2.
I want XP in campaign.
NOW MONOLITH!!!!!

They should just increase XP, or give a double XP weekend. If I could get somewhere between 8-10k a match, it'd give me more incentive to keep boosting.

iiTz
02-21-2009, 10:21 PM
They should just increase XP, or give a double XP weekend. If I could get somewhere between 8-10k a match, it'd give me more incentive to keep boosting.

Or better yet, Monolith could make it doable with some sort of social life, not make it require hours of boosting, or all you to have outside obligations other than to your xbox for hours on end.

o0EVIL0o x360a
02-22-2009, 03:15 AM
I'm glad the achievement is this tough to unlock. Makes up somewhat for the lack of Extreme difficulty and Instant Action a little. There are still 3 acheivements that only the hardcore are going to have.

iiTz
02-22-2009, 06:32 AM
I'm glad the achievement is this tough to unlock. Makes up somewhat for the lack of Extreme difficulty and Instant Action a little. There are still 3 acheivements that only the hardcore are going to have.

3?
And I don't think that it's fair to say hey, we're taking away two fantastic features, but here is a shitty longass achievement for playing our sub par on a good day multiplayer for 125 hours (optimal boosting). Legit will be more like 250.
Yeah, that's great.

Piccolo549
02-22-2009, 07:41 AM
thats a positive way to look at it

iiTz
02-23-2009, 04:16 AM
thats a positive way to look at it
Yeah, it's pretty optimistic.
Either way, I think its pretty much a general thing that everyone thinks-lame achievement.