PDA

View Full Version : People with high gamerscore...

EOU Findub
02-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Have you ever been called a "nerd" or "loser" by those with lower gamerscore? How about being called these things because you have played such games as:
-Cars
-Cars: Mater-National
-Open Season (which I happened to like btw)
-Transformers
-Pimp My Ride (ugh..)

Why do people do this? Is it to make themselves feel better? Please help me understand...I know this makes no difference but I have a fairly nerd-free life...I guess that doesn't keep people from thinking High GS = LOSER.

Oh, and I don't have an insanely high GS either...at least not relative to others.

Creech
02-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Oh sure, all the time. That is one of the reasons I hate playing public matches. The motivation behind it can be explained psychologically as jealousy and a feeling of overall inferiority, if you subscribe to the concept of psychology as science. Sociology has a different explanation, and if you ask the people who say those things, you get answers that usually involve choice words you wouldn't normally say in front of your parents.

:p

EOU Findub
02-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Oh sure, all the time. That is one of the reasons I hate playing public matches. The motivation behind it can be explained psychologically as jealousy and a feeling of overall inferiority, if you subscribe to the concept of psychology as science. Sociology has a different explanation, and if you ask the people who say those things, you get answers that usually involve choice words you wouldn't normally say in front of your parents.

:p

The normal response is: "Holy S*** dude, look at ______'s gamerscore"

"Man, you must have no life"

This is where I get to chime in and tell them my life story and if they want to say it to my face by all means, do it. I am a minor student in the world of psychology so I know what you are saying. However, I am not to the point of avoiding Public matches yet...I was just surprised to be called those things on an ACHIEVEMENT WEBSITE. Just weird is all.

radar616
02-18-2009, 10:07 PM
I've been called names and mines not even that high:(

Turonel
02-18-2009, 11:08 PM
People just like to try to talk smack to other people in an environment where there are no consequences (xbox live for instance). Gamerscore is just an easy target for people to use to talk smack about if they dont have the creativity to come up with something better to talk about.

Blackjaw x
02-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Umm it is hard to have a social life with a gamerscore that high. Unless having a high gamerscore lets you alter time or never have to sleep.

Watson bros
02-18-2009, 11:12 PM
I get hastle form my mates in real life all the time.
Mainly because i have more gamerscore than them whils having played a shorter amount of time. Lol.
Its kinda pathetic really.

Ryot Control
02-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Oh, and I don't have an insanely high GS either...at least not relative to others.

Uh... I think the top 1% of gamerscore threshold is 75k... I think your score is plenty high.

And you get used to it. I personally get tired of the blind friend requests.

INFERNOII
02-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Man all my friends at school that don't care about achievements call me a loser.. but the ones that do care respect me. I'd say it's jealousy.

gooniesala
02-18-2009, 11:24 PM
with the higher gamerscorers, I normally think "wow look at all those games o.O" - then its normally followed by "i want them!!"... I dont think most people understand how hard some achievements are, or how skilled gamers really are - well i like to think so! I admire ppls that have highscores than me (just about the whole wide world and then some).... :p

SaintKnight
02-18-2009, 11:27 PM
It gets annoying, especially when someone like me (compared to others) doesn't have that much of GS. I mean, whatever I do in my free time is my choice, right?

Snowman
02-18-2009, 11:29 PM
It really doesnt take the loss of a social life
its more like the money to buy and or rent games and the natural skill to actually be able to get the achievements
but then again...i dont even have over 10,000 gamerscore
but thats because i dont have the money to buy games on a regular basis, and i dont see a need to go out and rent games either :)

devlin
02-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Have you ever been called a "nerd" or "loser" by those with lower gamerscore? How about being called these things because you have played such games as:
-Cars
-Transformers
-Pimp My Ride (ugh..)

Why do people do this? Is it to make themselves feel better? Please help me understand...I know this makes no difference but I have a fairly nerd-free life...I guess that doesn't keep people from thinking High GS = LOSER.

Don't let it get to you man, these guys are just jealous. It's as simple as that. If someone came up to you in the street, punched you in the mouth and called your a gamerscore fag, then that's when it's serious. But name calling? Pfft laugh it off :)

Crimson Ridley
02-18-2009, 11:41 PM
I get called a nerd, loser and a no-life all the time. But I'm learning to not let it bother me anymore, I enjoy my gamer lifestyle, my friends also enjoy it so my social life doesn't suffer.

With a high gamerscore, you have to accept that you will get admirers and haters, both can get really annoying, the haters more than the admirers though :)

Ryot Control
02-18-2009, 11:42 PM
But name calling? Pfft laugh it off :)

Then report them for harassment. For fun. Here's one of my latest messages. I kinda thought it was funny. But he's a friend so I don't mind.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Loveless54321/Picture4.png

devlin
02-18-2009, 11:45 PM
Then report them for harassment. For fun.
Fo sho, that's the cherry on the cake.

Mightymango
02-18-2009, 11:50 PM
I get it for having multiple versions of games, like Fallout 3 and Eragon.

Life And Death
02-19-2009, 12:18 AM
I get call'd it from time to time but I mean they are playing a video game online tell'n me this. It's not like they just open'd up their Xbox turn'd it on and they were online they had to wanna put it there.

I could care less sometime's I get a lot of time to play and sometime's I don't it just depend's on what's go'n on with work and such.

When-ever some'one get's mad at you on Xbox Live! I've notice'd that most of the time they will say the follow'n -----

" Your A Fat Loser " -- I'm not fat nor a loser
" You have no girlfriend " -- Yes I do
" Your black and gay " -- I'm not black nor am I gay
" You have no Job " -- Um I do or I would'nt have all these games
" You have no life because your GS is so high " -- Umm Ok Cool

Most of the time the top 5 I hear all the time when someone's mad at me online for somethin' stupid like beat'n them in say UMK3. Garbage your the one that quit on me remember?

Blackjaw x
02-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Misplaced apostrophes galore.

You need to work on that.

Tenacious
02-19-2009, 12:21 AM
My real life friends think achievements are retarded and pointless, just like 90% of the xbox population, and I only have 17k and I get called out for it.. it's just like me saying prestiging in CoD is a waste of time and pointless. You prestige, I'll collect achievements, you know?

Life And Death
02-19-2009, 12:24 AM
Sorry that's just the way I type for some reason but I don't write like this --- if the word has a ing, ed or whatever at the end most of the time i just put 'n 'd just to hurry ---- you still can understand what I'm say'n --- did'nt know I was gonna have to make the grade " My Bad "

devlin
02-19-2009, 12:28 AM
My real life friends think achievements are retarded and pointless, just like 90% of the xbox population, and I only have 17k and I get called out for it.. it's just like me saying prestiging in CoD is a waste of time and pointless. You prestige, I'll collect achievements, you know?
And 90% of the people who say they are pointless are the ones who are too shit to get past 3K.

Life And Death
02-19-2009, 12:30 AM
I agree cause most of the people that do say shit only have like 0-3,000 some where in there.

Crimson Ridley
02-19-2009, 12:39 AM
People that say Gamerscore is pointless or who tell you have no lives are usually instantly noticeable. Look for these 2 most common signs:

1) 0-3000 Gamerscore
2) Most of their achievements are unlocked from Halo/GoW or CoD

If you see that, mute the person before they have a chance to speak, or avoid them as much as possible.

silent_oni
02-19-2009, 01:01 AM
People who dog other people, which have higher gamerscores, are the ones who have no life....because they are busy dogging out everyone else.......

scarface
02-19-2009, 01:35 AM
I think that they do it because they're jealous and the fact that they don't have the skills to achieve a high gs.

(Yes I do realise that my gs is rather poor in comparison to the others in this thread...just wanted to get my point of view across)

Jagged 88
02-19-2009, 02:33 AM
Never been called for my gamerscore but I do get called loser, nerd and noob for beating people online.

EOU Findub
02-19-2009, 02:45 AM
Umm it is hard to have a social life with a gamerscore that high. Unless having a high gamerscore lets you alter time or never have to sleep.

O RLY? I try to sleep at least 8 hours a day and would say my social life is quite good. All relative though. I appreciate everyone's feedback, just a little ticked off today with some comments people made. I need to learn to just ignore it and let it role off my shoulders.

Someone did call me a virgin today...which was hilarious. I won't name names but he was a douche to say the least. I didn't know I was in the top 1%. I've always said that once I get to 100,000 I would tone it down big time. I think that is a good marker and benchmark to show my dedication to gaming. It just sucked constantly getting badgered about it.

gatorbait
02-19-2009, 02:50 AM
I personally have not received hateful names or remarks for having a higher than average score. Sometimes I don't think people realize how relavitely easy it is to have a pretty decent gamerscore. Just looking at the Quick 1000s list you could rack up 50k in no time. Instead of investing all my time in a game or two like Halo, Gears, WoW, etc. I enjoy playing a variety of games. I think if you asked most achievement whores, you would see that they just enjoy different games instead of playing the same game for 5 hours a day for months and years.

Violet Grim
02-19-2009, 02:52 AM
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've been getting shit all my life for all sorts of things, initially for being unfortunate enough to have both glasses AND braces in high school. Not to mention the rednecks in my hometown who laughed at me for having an IQ over 70.

Now my mates give me shit for spending so much of my time playing video games. They spend most of their free time drinking till they barf.

I'll take the video games any day of the week. :p

HellsDemon
02-19-2009, 03:39 AM
no one has ever said anything to you about your game score.

And if some one did? your like 12 years old.

SynysterMonkey
02-19-2009, 05:05 AM
My gamerscore is pathetic to most peoples on this site, but I still get the occasional douche bag.

gatorbait
02-19-2009, 05:10 AM
Now my mates give me shit for spending so much of my time playing video games. They spend most of their free time drinking till they barf.

Amen to that. I love when people tell someone else they have no life. They act as if there is a certain way to live life and if you don't live it that way then you lack a life which is impossible unless you are dead. The only thing that matters is if you enjoy doing what you do. If people think those with high gamerscores have no life, they should take a look at some World of Warcraft stats. I'm not saying they have no lifes (although some spend WAY too much time in my opinion) but some of those people put in some insane amount of gaming time. The same can be said about a number of online games, mainly MMORPGs and FPSs.

MTMag06
02-19-2009, 05:22 AM
I have yet to get anything but positive comments regarding my gamer score, but mine is still relatively low comparativly. Most of the time I am on helping other people with achievements though so I could see why people don't usually say negative things. As far as the haters, usually they are young but not all kids are bad, and not everyone with a gamer score below 3k is going to be like that. I have atleast 3 friends below 3k, never once have I get anything negative from them. It is usually the opposite, they see my gamer score and want to get to where I am(well usually beat me). You just have to remember, everyone is tough over a headset and with all the people on XBox Live, it's pretty easy to ignore the idiots and still have people to talk to.

Raven1709
02-19-2009, 05:35 AM
People with high gamerscores have played a lot of games. There you have it. And this you can't deny :)

IISYNII Raid3n
02-19-2009, 05:36 AM
The most crap I get is from my girlfriend. Hers is barely over 16k and shes jealous at the fact I seem to be naturally good at games, because I rarely get under a few hundred in a game. She's also a huge achievement whore but gives up too easily. I've offered to help using games I have sitting around that are an easy few hundred but she gets touchy on it lol

pensivedragon
02-19-2009, 05:43 AM
I have never had anyone say bad things about my gamerscore. Most of that could be that I tend to avoid the popular 'douchbag haven' games like GoW and Halo.

xICooRsYIx
02-19-2009, 07:48 AM
i love everything about achievements. i work towards them and i like upping my gamerscore. my friends that dont go for gamerscore mock me and say "dude look at my gamerscore". "dude achievements are everything". i just think that achievements are what separated 360 from every other system. why not take advantage and get as many as you can. i dont think its jealousy, because anyone can get achievements if they try.

personally when im playing online against people, and i check out the gamerscore, i want to be on the team who has the highest gamerscores. this shows to me that they are experienced. my gamerscore isnt too high right now but its high enough that people notice it. i work and go to school full time. i just love to play in my spare time. its my "verb" hahaaa

xICooRsYIx

Ebonix
02-19-2009, 09:38 AM
I don't generally get any compliments or abuse. I don't generally sit in the game channel though if I'm playing COD or Halo. I've not had any of the messages or the blind friend requests either though, suppose I'm a bit "run of the mill" in regards to gamescore though.

Headhunter 87
02-19-2009, 10:32 AM
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've been getting shit all my life for all sorts of things, initially for being unfortunate enough to have both glasses AND braces in high school. Not to mention the rednecks in my hometown who laughed at me for having an IQ over 70.

You can play games whilst drinking till you puke best of both worlds

XxDarkMaster1xX
02-19-2009, 12:18 PM
I haven't had anyone call me anything but I've had quite alot of Friend Requests off people with no message or anything.I think I've had about 10 of them.

prosmits
02-19-2009, 12:24 PM
It gets annoying, especially when someone like me (compared to others) doesn't have that much of GS. I mean, whatever I do in my free time is my choice, right?

Exactly, i'm sure they wast just as much time doing other stuff such as watching TV, as you do gaming.

Mr Aim
02-19-2009, 12:50 PM
I get called, U have no life, u f**king cheatsaver & loads of other stuff but the thing is i do have a life, i go to work every day i spend most of my time with my wife and my little girl and play about 1-2hrs a day if that & the only ppl who call me that is ppl with LOW GS LOL but the thing is i'm stopping when i get to 100K That was goal wen i started now i have nearly reach it i'm going back to COD4

Turonel
02-19-2009, 01:01 PM
i used to run into it a lot in Gears and Halo (obviously) but ever since the inclusion of Party Chat :woop: i dont have to listen to idiots anymore

aussiestatic
02-19-2009, 01:12 PM

Just curious, wheres your hometown?
I can relate to your story apart from the braces.

Wreckon Dracgon
02-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Umm it is hard to have a social life with a gamerscore that high. Unless having a high gamerscore lets you alter time or never have to sleep. Typically I avoid such threads and comments but I'd like for you to explain what a "social life" is exactly.

I am married with four children, I have a 60+ hour a week career, and spend more time in a week with my children doing homework, baseball/soccer - practice & games, piano and violin lessons/recitals, girls scouts, and Tae Kwon Do than you probably spend doing anything "social".

Mightymango
02-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Wreckon's life sounds like mine, but I only have 3 kids. I guess I just manage time well or something.

Today I got accused of hacking my xbox because I have Halo 2 PC on my gamertag.

M85A21
02-19-2009, 02:52 PM
I get it all the time. I simply reply "Jealous are we?" and leave it at that.

jinkaza1
02-19-2009, 03:01 PM
i only have about 12,000 gamerscore and some of my friends take the piss out of me for it.stupid just because most of my friends have around 5,000.

Ohfoshotho
02-19-2009, 03:51 PM
I just get envy from my cousin, who just bought a 360 and barely has any score. (I'm trying to help him get some acheivements)

As far as having high gamerscore goes, I never really thought about those people negatively; they just played the game a different way than I did, and gave me more enthusiasm to work on my own score. :)

drewmart
02-19-2009, 04:20 PM
My gamerscore is less than 10% of some of the people on this site and I still get abusive messages when playing GoW2 or Halo 3 online, and I am awful at Halo.
It is kinda sas though that my friends list has about 2 or 3 people out of the 100 that have under 10K. Almost all my friends are heavy gamers and naturally get lots of GS without really caring about it. One guy on my friends list had a long running joke that he would always have more kills in Gears (1) than he would gamerscore. He has 60K GS, and believe it or not, more kills in Gears...

shintoki
02-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Not so much on the amount...But when you do see a bunch of crappy games which were obviously played for gamescore. Its hard for the word, Loser. To not pop into my head about describing the person in question. But what you spend your own money and time on is none my business regardless of how pathetic or sad it maybe.

Only exception to this is Fallout for PC. Buying it just to type in Add Achievement. Thats not even paying for the game. Its just paying for 1000 gamescore.

M85A21
02-19-2009, 04:56 PM

Are you serious Blackjaw? Cause, that's the silliest thing I have ever heard.

SiberianSoldier
02-19-2009, 05:01 PM
I take the piss out of my friend all the time for having a high gamerscore, but I really only do that because I'm jealous lol.

I think if you only play games because of easy achievements then I guess you'd border on the 'loser' boundary, but the occasional 2 or 3 easy 1000's then it's not so bad.

Ryot Control
02-19-2009, 05:04 PM
I am married with four children, I have a 60+ hour a week career, and spend more time in a week with my children doing homework, baseball/soccer - practice & games, piano and violin lessons/recitals, girls scouts, and Tae Kwon Do than you probably spend doing anything "social".

So what do the kids play when they are home? Or is that why they have so many activities? :)

Incubus21212
02-19-2009, 05:47 PM
I personally have not received hateful names or remarks for having a higher than average score. Sometimes I don't think people realize how relavitely easy it is to have a pretty decent gamerscore. Just looking at the Quick 1000s list you could rack up 50k in no time. Instead of investing all my time in a game or two like Halo, Gears, WoW, etc. I enjoy playing a variety of games. I think if you asked most achievement whores, you would see that they just enjoy different games instead of playing the same game for 5 hours a day for months and years.

I agree with you. I love to increase my achievement score, and I also like to play different games. Sometimes after beating harder games like COD2 or playing COD WaW on vet, you just want to relax to a non-stressful game. I feel like I get "more for my money" when I unlock all achievements in a game. I think the achievement system is a great way to track how good you actually are compared to people around the world, as well as giving you a sense of accomplishment.

gatorbait
02-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Typically I avoid such threads and comments but I'd like for you to explain what a "social life" is exactly.

It's people like you and Pants Party and others that amaze me. Seeing you guys with the gamerscores you have and how busy you are, I almost find it impossible that you guys have accumulated the gamerscore that you have. I don't mean that you guys are cheats anything (I know you guys aren't), but it just amazes me everytime I hear people with a full-time job and kids and are able to get in the amount of gaming that they do. I know when I get to that point in my life I won't be able to get that much time in for games. I'm bad at managing time as it is.

Mightymango
02-19-2009, 06:42 PM
It's all about time management. I don't watch a lot of tv so that is my gaming time. I tend to only play when the kids are in bed as well. I still get between 6- 7 hours of sleep as well.

d0c.f1r3
02-19-2009, 06:43 PM
i only have 12k in gamerscore but i dont go for achievements i play onlien alot and do good there so i get called a nerd because im liek a prestige or 2 higher than the average on call of duty but i dont care

Wreckon Dracgon
02-19-2009, 06:48 PM
So what do the kids play when they are home? Or is that why they have so many activities? :) Raven Dracgon is all about her 360 (Lost Odyssey at the moment), Terra Dracgon is all about her PS3 and Wii at the moment (Little Big Planet & My Sims Kingdom), Anakin Dracgon is all about his Nintendo DS (Mario Kart and My Sims Kingdom), and Emperor Dracgon my oldest son (4)... well let's just say in his bedroom there is a 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, and Nintendo DS and at all times one of them are on... Nothing like having an XBLive conversation with your son over Xbox.com at 6:30am.

And as for my play time and time management, most of my gaming is done between 9p-3a... unless the GSL is in session :biglaugh -- "who needs sleep"

Creech
02-19-2009, 07:07 PM
"who needs sleep"

Sleep is for the week, WD... :p

Siduakal77
02-19-2009, 07:29 PM
Ummmm dude.. people are going to say that. lol, blow them off. Seriously..

Want nerdy? I played D&D for years, I have the books from 4th Edition in my closet from playing about 9 months ago. And I STILL Have a gorgeous girlfriend who I'll be marrying. And I have a decently high (Compared to general populous) gamerscore.

People just like to toss out random crap.. I'm sure there are others who can vouch that they've done nerdy as hell things and are anything but..

Wanna call me a nerd? :P Have fun calling me and the other Army Infantrymen that played D&D with me when I was in the service nerds.. lol. It's all about how you take it, I just laugh at them usually. If they say a good insult, I laugh harder and tell them it was pretty good. Not like they can do anything.. lol

Yannie Boy
02-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Just yesterday a co-worker from another location called me a "Beast" for my GS, saying that I had the highest on his friends's list, which only comprised of 8 people. I told him to check out the leaderboard of some local co-workers at mygamercard.net to see that I don't have that high of a GS.

http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=HOTJ8rBU

For those of you who want to checkout my leaderboard

After that he told me that he's never heard of the site. So I told him to check the Global leaderboards and he damn near had a heartattack. He didn't know people had GSs so high.

YungMoney313
02-19-2009, 08:43 PM
I really just think the ones with high gamerscores are rich, to afford all the games. (Or do they rent?)

Yannie Boy
02-19-2009, 09:08 PM
I have a couple of friends who own literally all the games for 360, but everyone mostly rents or just GameFlys.

ferrara316
02-19-2009, 09:29 PM
lol yeah most of those peopl i just ignore lol. Cuz in the end... who dares ask someone if they have a social life, when it seems that person is too insecure to ask that question to themself lol. For me its in this order for my social life.

1. WORK (unfortunately)
2. Drinking/Partying/Bars
3. Girls
4. Gamerscore whoring
5. My Girlfriend.....

Yannie Boy
02-19-2009, 09:58 PM
lol yeah most of those peopl i just ignore lol. Cuz in the end... who dares ask someone if they have a social life, when it seems that person is too insecure to ask that question to themself lol. For me its in this order for my social life.

1. WORK (unfortunately)
2. Drinking/Partying/Bars
3. Girls
4. Gamerscore whoring
5. My Girlfriend.....

3 & 5

Think you need to do some explaining to your lady.:woop:

gatorbait
02-19-2009, 09:59 PM
It's all about time management. I don't watch a lot of tv so that is my gaming time. I tend to only play when the kids are in bed as well. I still get between 6- 7 hours of sleep as well.

That's where you probably get me! I'm a big TV fan and movie fan. Sometimes it's hard to decide which one I want to spend my free time with. Then of course there are sports which rule over both.

EOU Findub
02-19-2009, 10:10 PM
I really appreciate all the input...like I said I was just furious with what was said on here. I have been happily married for almost a year and a half. My wife hates video games so when I do play, she is working. This gives me about 3-4 hours to play a day...and that's MAXIMIZING every chance I get.

After 5:00 pm the games typically get turned off for the night to spend the rest of the night with her.

I just didn't expect it from people on this website to make fun of me for playing "Family" genre games. So what if I 1000'ed Cars? It was an easy 1000. Doesn't mean I particularly LIKE the game.

I have been blessed enough (financially) to be able to typically buy a game or two a month. I also have Gamefly but live in a bumf*ck town so the turnaround is horrible (we are talking like a week and a half). We are not rich by any means...so don't let that fool you.

I guess the best thing to do would be just to shrug it off and laugh and the pitifulness of the person who actually has to make fun of me for something I love to do. Which of course is play games and get achievements second.

Damian 83
02-19-2009, 10:20 PM
it depends what other u do in your life. in my case, i work on ebay so i have only to check mails and payments few times a day...then i spend remaining time in afternoon for play. then i go out with friends or girls. if not i play also during night...time i spend for play is around 8-10 hours a day... but...i make money, i get drunk with friends, i get pussies...call me nerd!

CovertDog
02-19-2009, 10:30 PM
like I said I was just furious with what was said on here.

I just didn't expect it from people on this website to make fun of me for playing "Family" genre games. So what if I 1000'ed Cars? It was an easy 1000. Doesn't mean I particularly LIKE the game.

If something was said on here to you, let a mod know about the situation. A site this sizes though is going to attracted a lot of different type of people. Most of us are like you, but you are going to get the haters that are around just to cause trouble. Ignore them and they go away.

Ryot Control
02-19-2009, 10:49 PM
My wife hates video games so when I do play, she is working. This gives me about 3-4 hours to play a day...and that's MAXIMIZING every chance I get.

Considering your game time conditions, I'm surprised you GOT the score you got.

Most of us are like you, but you are going to get the haters that are around just to cause trouble. Ignore them and they go away.

It's good advice. Don't mind them, they're not real people. They're dead inside. ;)

tnargus
02-20-2009, 01:00 AM
Yeah gees, i'm not even at 18000 yet and my mates are going on about it. It's insane.

gooniesala
02-20-2009, 01:19 AM
I work, then Gym, then xbox.... or xbox in the gym!! I'm trying to boost up my gamerscore - but i do get a few hate msgs from 'friends' when i cant/wont play with them with COD4 while i'm tryin to play some games on my own. Only time i get hatemail. :(

Violet Grim
02-20-2009, 01:43 AM
Oh Gooniesala, how could anybody send you hate mail? They must have rocks for brains! :D

CyanideBreathMint
02-20-2009, 03:22 AM
Haven't experienced this online form of verbal abuse that you speak of. Guessing my GS isn't high enough yet. I like to pop in My Horse & Me 2 from time to time to ensure it's still on my recently played list for others to point n' laugh at. ;)

gooniesala
02-20-2009, 03:37 AM
Oh Gooniesala, how could anybody send you hate mail? They must have rocks for brains! :D
oh easy ..

"insert swear word here"you never play with me you suck you're this and that "insert swear word here" "insert swear word here and lots of single tears" - all because i got batman lego and he no longer had it... as well as i was playing batman lego and didn't stop my first play of batmanlego to play COD4 that min. Yet ppls like himself can play when ever they want by themselves.. i do it and its the end of the world and he thought he needed to tell me what a horrible person i was, i just wanna boost my gamerscore and have fun... :( .

Seth
02-20-2009, 03:57 AM
Even though my gamerscore isn't really high at 19k,
I get called an achievement whore if I say the word achievement
even though I don't say it alot.

Its obnoxious.

EOU Findub
02-20-2009, 04:52 AM
oh easy ..

"insert swear word here"you never play with me you suck you're this and that "insert swear word here" "insert swear word here and lots of single tears" - all because i got batman lego and he no longer had it... as well as i was playing batman lego and didn't stop my first play of batmanlego to play COD4 that min. Yet ppls like himself can play when ever they want by themselves.. i do it and its the end of the world and he thought he needed to tell me what a horrible person i was, i just wanna boost my gamerscore and have fun... :( .

If someone is that rude to you, take them off your FL. Especially if it keeps happening. No one needs/deserves verbal abuse like that just for not playing a game with them. Sounds like a pretty piss-poor attitude to me.

DocRevolt
02-20-2009, 05:03 AM
I don't really get crap over it. My friends all congratulate me about gamerscore, and people are usually just like "Oh my God, you're amazing!".

aussiestatic
02-20-2009, 06:41 AM
Just because a game is an easy 1,000 doesnt mean you shouldnt play it.
Some of the kids games can be hard and very time consuming.

If you want a big score youre going to have to play the easy games. Just play some hard ones to balance it out.

Sometimes I feel like im shit because ive 1k'd alot of easy ones.
But then i just remember Ive 1k'd cod 2 & 5 and gotten 980 in cod4. Which always makes me feel good.

angryassasin857
02-20-2009, 06:49 AM
most people talk shit to people with high gamerscores cause they are mad that you kicked their ass in an online match

EOU Findub
02-20-2009, 07:17 AM
Just because a game is an easy 1,000 doesnt mean you shouldnt play it.
Some of the kids games can be hard and very time consuming.

If you want a big score youre going to have to play the easy games. Just play some hard ones to balance it out.

Sometimes I feel like im shit because ive 1k'd alot of easy ones.
But then i just remember Ive 1k'd cod 2 & 5 and gotten 980 in cod4. Which always makes me feel good.

There are definitely a few games I am proud of 1k'ing that took me A TON of time:

-Call of Duty 2
-Call of Duty 4
-Blazing Angels
-Battlestations: Midway
-Saints Row

To name a few. Don't get me wrong, my GC is filled with plenty of fluff, but I didn't include the super hard games in which I have 500+ gamerscore. I just like to surround myself with people who understand this horrible addiction. A few bad apples shouldn't ruin the whole barrel. :)

M85A21
02-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Sometimes I feel sick from playing too much =[

isual
02-20-2009, 04:44 PM
i dunno. im an RPG fanatic ever since the ps1 days (yes, im still new considering that), so my gamerscore is mostly on RPG completion and games that i really like.

Crimson Ridley
02-20-2009, 05:06 PM
If someone is that rude to you, take them off your FL. Especially if it keeps happening. No one needs/deserves verbal abuse like that just for not playing a game with them. Sounds like a pretty piss-poor attitude to me.

It happens to me, but not with the same attitude *Looks at a certain person on his friend list who always wants to play Rock Band 2*. I don't play that as much anymore, so I always decline his invites.

I sometimes look on my profile and think that I'm pretty crap, but I guess;

Guitar Hero 2 & 3
The Orange Box
CoD 2 & 4
Skate
etc. kind of make me feel a bit better.

Big D 67
02-20-2009, 05:19 PM
TBH I get more stick of the guys in work coz I play xbox n they don't. But hey I'm 41 with 4 kids n have loved computer games since my Atari 2600! I reckon I'll never stop getting the next gen console or the next big game I or the rest of the family like. I play for fun n wish my compleationist score was higher(47%), but since I've had live at xmas I've made friends all over the UK and even more in the US, of every age, n helped get achievements for myself n others,n 4 me now that means more than gettin wasted on booze with the locals n loosing 4-5 hours of my life coz I did'nt know where I was.

Even tho the kids have their own 360 we still come together 2 play a variety of games or just to help eachother out, 4 me achievements are a social thing, whether it's online, with friends that come round with memory stick n beer, or just our family sat round laughin coz I suck at COD4 4 player!!!!

gatorbait
02-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Guitar Hero 2 & 3
The Orange Box
CoD 2 & 4
Skate
etc. kind of make me feel a bit better.

They should! Those are damn good. Especially Orange Box and Guitar Hero 3.

MR MACLAINE
02-20-2009, 08:48 PM
i really likethis thread!!

in my opinion "a high gamerscore is cool" but you'll have to be careful to not overate that...

i've got a big big queston on my mind - some ppl around here have score round about 100.000. how can you do that?!? don't get me wrong i'm not telling ya "you'll have no life blabla" but i mean ive got my box for about 10 month - i am really addicted to video games, i started with a gameboy when i was 6 years old, now im 25 so thats nearly 20 years - i've got some skills and i'm not a dumb noob that doesn't know how to play game - i usually play 2 hours average a day... so like you can see i've got 6.500 scores. so how do you do that?!? okay when i'm honest i could play a bit more but i've got a 40 hour a week job and have to manage my own household. so how could it be possible to gain like 100.000 ?!? are you all goin' to school or working as reviewers or just play 20 hours a day :D

that's something that really interests me...?!?

alex31991
02-20-2009, 10:12 PM
i get called a nerd all the time and my gamerscore is nowhere near half the people on this site lol

Blue Radium
02-20-2009, 11:21 PM
The day I have a high enough gamerscore to be openly ridiculed for it will be the day my life is complete.

But no, not yet. Only from good friends who aren't being serious.

njdevils17
02-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Some people hassle me but nothing too bad. My gamerscore isn't even that high. The people who hassle me are people who pretty much only play COD 4 or Halo 3. I can easily make fun of them for being a COD whore or a Halo whore. I don't even think of myself as a gamerscore whore. I've never played many of the easy GS games, only NHL 2K6 (because I'm a hockey fan), Fight Night Round 3 (it's great game and I got it before I even knew what GS was), King Kong (I thought the demo was fun and I got it for only $10), Madden 06 (I like football and I really wanted to have the first football game on 360), and Fuzion Frenzy 2 (I liked the 1st one but the 2nd was a disappointment).

I've had my 360 since February 2006 and I have gamefly. That's why my gamerscore is much higher than other people I know because they got their 360's later and they only buy a couple of games of year and play the crap out of their games. I'm sorry, but I like to have some variety in my games as I find playing the same game all the time gets boring (except for NHL 09 OTP). Obviously, the more games you own, the higher your gamerscore will be. It's that simple.

SetsunaFSeiei
02-21-2009, 04:58 AM
I havent played that many game crap games for achievements , but i decided to stop and focus more on games i like , But besides that , alot of people recognize my gamerscore , my friends joke and say im a nerd , but come on there your friends , other people .. no one ever says anything , mainly cause am in a chat with my friends , they can argue im a nerd with no life , but you know what , there playing on a xbox too so i could say the same , i just play a more variety of games then Halo and Gears of War

agentplatypus
02-21-2009, 05:13 AM
I've been called a no-life and my GS isn't high at all.

CovertSkippy55
02-21-2009, 05:22 AM
obviously my score isnt high so i havent been called anything, but if you are called anything just ignore them, most of the time there just jealous that they cant get their score that high.

Curtis
02-21-2009, 01:02 PM
I personally think of people with a high GS as people with more dedication and straight line drive than others without towards plays games.

Just because some people like to play the same game alot, others like to gain points etc, it's over once the 360's are all turned off, nothing to worry about.

Tsaako
02-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Compared to my irl mates im the highest. But compared to my Xbox live mates then i'm not so high.

I wouldnt put a number down as a high gamerscore. My mate has only just reached 3000+ and he is pretty proud of it. Heck, i was chuffed when i got 10,000 gamerscore.

I'm sure most of the people on this site are proud of they're gamerscore. I know i am. Well, if you think your gamerscore is good then it is good.

Siduakal77
02-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Compared to all my RL friends I beat them in a gamerscore landslide, Closest behind me is under 25k, I don't remember exact #s... and I have a stack of 20 Games sitting here that I own, that I've barely got achievements for)

I think part of getting a high gamerscore with a life is just sticking to one game til you get absolutely tired of it... then just tossing it to the side. I won't let myself take this Viking rental out until I 1k it.. it's my goal, 1k it.. (I've had it about a week now and have half that.. :( )

You can't just hunt the easy achievements, even if they help.. you kind of have to approach a game with a gameplan. Find out what achievements you can miss, then go from there. It sucks to get to the end of a game and not have all the achievements because you missed stupid things. (IE: Viking my concern was to make absolutely sure I did not have to replay to kill a Champion without being hit and I'm playing on Hard.. so I just spammed axe throws at one during a large battle after ice enchanting my army.. and once he went down did a finisher)

Really, people who want to bash over gamerscore are just lame.. the entire point is to go "Yeah, I've done this..." and show what you've achieved in your games. People can look at my GS and see what I've played, they can probably figure out what I got bored of quick.. and they can even see where I got frustrated (No Fighting in the War Room on CoD4 Veteran playthrough) and stopped bothering for all achievements due to not enjoying a game.

Who cares what they say? lol half of them don't play anything but Call of Duty: World at War and Halo 3.. my kill stats were ridic in Halo 3 when it launched and all I did was play that.. now I play it maybe once every 2 weeks and usually get rocked because I just don't care.. I'm playing to socialize with good friends (And get them to stop griping I won't play with them)

Honestly.. a lot of it is jealousy that we have the time to game (In their eyes, they think we have tons of time.. lol.. I squeeze in maybe 8 hours a week lately, but I make them count.. I squeeze in 15 minutes between girlfriend time here and there.. just whenever) and they also are jealous because they think we buy all these games.. I buy a lot, but I trade in just as many.. lol I didn't stop til this year (I saw some of the game collections on here and went "Aww... I miss my games.." and vowed to stop trading in good games.. sorry Rise of the Argonauts, you fail to be good)

Kirye
02-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Heh, a couple friends of mine try to stop me as best that they can from getting achievements, saying that it's ruining my social life.. even though they're grabbing achievements as they go. XD

I've been called a loser and a nerd for my gamerscore, be it that it really isn't that high. Funny enough, the people who call me that usually ended up in a community college and working a register somewhere. I'm a police officer, I have my Bachelor's Degree, i'm engaged and I go out enough, but I do enjoy coming home and when my fiance isn't home or asleep, and play some 360 to get some achievements.

I don't see that as wrong, or nerdy.

halo44
07-12-2009, 09:06 AM
look every one with 100,000 gamerscore either cheat, or they have been boosting for 2-3 years, i have only been focused on getting gamerscore for 6 1/2 months i started at 0 now i got over 60,000 gamerscore so ill have 100,000 in probably 5 months, it is not that hard.

Chocolate Disqo
07-12-2009, 11:25 AM
You know, i've been called a bad gamer and had my opinions denigrated on this forum purely because i have a low gamerscore.

People with high scores can be just as obnoxious. The thing is, it's usually not all that justified, as they rack up their astronomical gamerscore by playing easy 1000's.

jackanape
07-12-2009, 11:41 AM
look every one with 100,000 gamerscore either cheat, or they have been boosting for 2-3 years, i have only been focused on getting gamerscore for 6 1/2 months i started at 0 now i got over 60,000 gamerscore so ill have 100,000 in probably 5 months, it is not that hard.

There are plenty of people over 100k that don't cheat and cheaters are usually quickly reset, not to mention the fact that boosting does not get you that many more points - most people who boost do so for completions sake rather than massive gains in points.

You know, i've been called a bad gamer and had my opinions denigrated on this forum purely because i have a low gamerscore.

People with high scores can be just as obnoxious. The thing is, it's usually not all that justified, as they rack up their astronomical gamerscore by playing easy 1000's.

Again, people with high scores play a variety of games. No one can get 100k with purely easy games or purely difficult games - so a mixture of both is the way to go.

Though the real question here is why this topic has been resurrected four months after the last post?

Veteran
07-12-2009, 11:42 AM

Eh I like to think people other than me like to play all sorts of games. I mean how else are you going to achieve the MOST gamerscore if you don't at least attempt to play every game available?

Anyway, I don't play online regularly any more. But when I was playing Gears daily for 2 months or so to get "Seriously..." it was always a "wow your gamerscore is amazing" or "wow u haf no lief". Coming from a kid who spends his time recording lucky head shots on Gears of War? Yeah. Go and die.

It's my time and I'll spend it doing what I like; oh and it just happens to be something I enjoy. :drunk

Chocolate Disqo
07-12-2009, 11:50 AM
There are plenty of people over 100k that don't cheat and cheaters are usually quickly reset, not to mention the fact that boosting does not get you that many more points - most people who boost do so for completions sake rather than massive gains in points.

Again, people with high scores play a variety of games. No one can get 100k with purely easy games or purely difficult games - so a mixture of both is the way to go.

Though the real question here is why this topic has been resurrected four months after the last post?

It was on the front page when i made my post.

A mixture isn't the way to go for me. I play games i suspect i will enjoy. Why anybody feels the need to go out and buy a game like Avatar is beyond me. I just can't comprehend that little achievement notifier bringing enough joy to someone to make it worth while.

Most of the negative steriotypes of people with high gamerscores are correct. I will refrain from pointing them out, usually, unless i'm given a reason to. i.e. being told i suck because i have a low score.

Eh I like to think people other than me like to play all sorts of games. I mean how else are you going to achieve the MOST gamerscore if you don't at least attempt to play every game available?

Anyway, I don't play online regularly any more. But when I was playing Gears daily for 2 months or so to get "Seriously..." it was always a "wow your gamerscore is amazing" or "wow u haf no lief". Coming from a kid who spends his time recording lucky head shots on Gears of War? Yeah. Go and die.

It's my time and I'll spend it doing what I like; oh and it just happens to be something I enjoy. :drunk

I recently came home to my boyfriend kissing boys on Bully. I asked him why, and he said it was for an achievement. I thought it was weird, and that pretty much summed up achievement hunting for me.

kidy7k
07-12-2009, 11:52 AM
well i look at people with high gamerscores as GAMERS... or they just had there well i look at people with high gamerscores as GAMERS... or they just had there xbox for a long time. but i respect people with high gamer score and i like to compare games with them and see what game i passed them in... even thoe that is very rare if you take a look to your left
i really don't care about achievements i care mostly about the game.. like i wouldn't play ratatouille or cars or hanna montana for achievements you won't catch a game like that in my list

(javascript: leoHighlightsIFrameClose();)

KuSh x MoNsTeR1
07-12-2009, 12:24 PM
All i know is that i'm proud of my GS because i earned it! It's not even that high but in my eyes it's decent. Most people that talk shit about other people having a high GS..like, "you have no life, you're a geek" they're just mad because 9 of 10 times they have a tiny pathetic GS. When they talk shit you should take it as a compliment because they just hate...IF THEY HATE ME..I MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!!:woop:LOL!

MANILAGORILLA89
07-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Some people hassle me but nothing too bad. My gamerscore isn't even that high. The people who hassle me are people who pretty much only play COD 4 or Halo 3. I can easily make fun of them for being a COD whore or a Halo whore. I don't even think of myself as a gamerscore whore. I've never played many of the easy GS games, only NHL 2K6 (because I'm a hockey fan), Fight Night Round 3 (it's great game and I got it before I even knew what GS was), King Kong (I thought the demo was fun and I got it for only $10), Madden 06 (I like football and I really wanted to have the first football game on 360), and Fuzion Frenzy 2 (I liked the 1st one but the 2nd was a disappointment).

Lol, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I have friends that'll play nothing but Halo or COD and they sometimes make fun of me for having a much higher GS than they do, but hey I can do the same to them for being Halo or COD addicts :p

I also don't really have any easy GS games on my card apart from Clive Barker's Jericho because I like to go for harder and higher-stress games if you know what I mean. I could have twice or maybe 3x as much GS as I do now... If I didn't care so much about maxing out my games.

boldyno1
07-12-2009, 02:38 PM
i usually just get:

Wow your gamerscore is sick (even though its not sky high)

Never had anyone have a go at me.

CovertDog
07-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Most of the negative steriotypes of people with high gamerscores are correct. I will refrain from pointing them out, usually, unless i'm given a reason to. i.e. being told i suck because i have a low score.

Your not really that closed minded and ignorant are you? I mean being an female gamer you must hear a lot of incorrect stereotypes? Now I'm not closed mind enough to think the were true, but if I had a bad experience with one and came on here an said that all female stereotypes were true, wouldn't you think that was a little ignorant of me.

Now I have never had an experience like that and I'm 99% sure if you were truthful you haven't had an experience like you are saying you had with a high gamerscore person on this site or probably on Live for that matter. I find most high gamescorers are humble for the most part and always welling to help others. But if you have, I would like to see it.

x CmOn3y x
07-12-2009, 05:35 PM
-Cars
-Transformers
-Pimp My Ride (ugh..)

Oh, and I don't have an insanely high GS either...at least not relative to others. because there jealous

Poncho Dude
07-12-2009, 05:48 PM
not that often but sometimes. but come on admit it. we all have a little nerdy-ness in us.

aussiestatic
07-12-2009, 05:49 PM

I recently came home to my boyfriend kissing boys on Bully. I asked him why, and he said it was for an achievement. I thought it was weird, and that pretty much summed up achievement hunting for me.

HAHAH man this is the funniest thing ive read all week!
great stuff.

Chocolate Disqo
07-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Your not really that closed minded and ignorant are you? I mean being an female gamer you must hear a lot of incorrect stereotypes? Now I'm not closed mind enough to think the were true, but if I had a bad experience with one and came on here an said that all female stereotypes were true, wouldn't you think that was a little ignorant of me.

Now I have never had an experience like that and I'm 99% sure if you were truthful you haven't had an experience like you are saying you had with a high gamerscore person on this site or probably on Live for that matter. I find most high gamescorers are humble for the most part and always welling to help others. But if you have, I would like to see it.

I didn't say that all stereotypes about everything were true, so your comparison is really not very apt. Secondly, i don't appreciate being called a liar. If you want to check out this thread (http://x360a.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158022), i'll accept your apology after.

Whenever i try to join a game of Nazi Zombies, i'm usually derided because of my gamerscore. I get kicked often, playing Left 4 Dead. The connotations for those of us that can't dedicate so much time to performing inane tasks on video games are much more sever than the plight of those that can and do.

Vendetta
07-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Funny that a 4 month old thread is getting such attention.

Back on topic though... I had not really had any thing said to me aside from postive stuff from random people and my friends up until last week. My friends and I were playing the bungie vs the world playlist in halo 3 and after absolutely laying a beat down on a team I got a msg saying 81K gamerscore what a loser. Well after a complaint filed, bad feedback, and a block communications I went back to wrecking people :)

Now I remember this is why I always make 1 month accts when I want to play Halo 3 or any other shooter online. After hearing some of the crap some of my other high gamerscore friends get I didnt want to have to deal with those idiots.

The Clutch Hand
07-12-2009, 09:08 PM
lol, I tend to hear you have no life, fag, loser, but then there are times when people grace my gamerscore. I used to experience a lot of friend requests but now its calm down.

P.S. This is coming from someone who isn't at a 100K yet. I could only imagine what the whores of 100K nd 200K go through:eek:

dakrkplayer2
07-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Well I was commented about my gamerscoer ounes befoer. but i forgot what game I was in. But i have funny thing that it will happen more when I get 50K or even 75k by the end of 2011. but the rate I going with gamerscoer. I will reach there befoer the giving time.

CovertDog
07-12-2009, 10:08 PM
I didn't say that all stereotypes about everything were true, so your comparison is really not very apt. Secondly, i don't appreciate being called a liar. If you want to check out this thread (http://x360a.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158022), i'll accept your apology after.

Whenever i try to join a game of Nazi Zombies, i'm usually derided because of my gamerscore. I get kicked often, playing Left 4 Dead. The connotations for those of us that can't dedicate so much time to performing inane tasks on video games are much more sever than the plight of those that can and do.

You mean the part of the thread you were being ignorant to the OP? You will have to come up with something better then someone responding to your low blow. Regardless, I'm not arguing with you. I'm starting to believe that is all you want anyways.

stephenmilne27
07-12-2009, 10:19 PM
I don't judge people with high gamerscore as nerds or geeks. Mine isn't high at all but i put lots of hours into gears,fifa and cod just can't afford to play games such as avatar and others to boost, but if i could get a high gamerscore without paying much, i definitely would.

kaleido42
07-12-2009, 10:50 PM

You mean the part of the thread you were being ignorant to the OP? You will have to come up with something better then someone responding to your low blow. Regardless, I'm not arguing with you. I'm starting to believe that is all you want anyways.

Just saw all of this and I quite have to agree with Covert. Although the original poster in that thread may have been a bit "snarky" you only fueled the fire. It doesn't help you any either that people with higher gamerscore than him took your side, and when you look at him, his gamerscore really isn't that high. From what I've seen in the 1/2 hour of checking out both of these threads it looks like your only trying to fight. On this site that don't work well, especially against a mod:p.

EDIT: On topic: I know too many people in real life that will make fun of you for more than 8000. Don't quite understand them myself, but personally I look at the "high achievers" with respect.

xBloodxEaglex
07-12-2009, 11:00 PM
I only have 15k gamerscore. and i get called a freak by people with 1-2k....

jamieCR7
07-12-2009, 11:06 PM
My gamerscore isn't really that high in relavence to some on this site, but to my friends mine is very high. They are fine when I talk to them on my own [on XBL], but when I'm in a big party and I get into a stupid fight, e.g. team killing on COD4, with a friend (real-life friend) they would bring up saying I am a "geek" or whatever. I am no-where near a geek and I just enjoy playing the XBOX, we all know it doesn't mean anything and we don't act superior just because we have a higher number on our gamercards.

Chocolate Disqo
07-12-2009, 11:08 PM

I wasn't being ignorant. I understood his post fully. It was misguided arrogance, so i responded to it accordingly.

KNUCKS x360a
07-12-2009, 11:15 PM
I've had it a couple of times, but i'm used to people being jealous haters these days so it doesnt even register!!:p

I'd say a lot of it is Money... Folks get jealous with their 3 (old) game collection, & have to wait 9 months till Xmas for some Gifts/Cash... They see big G'Score & apart from general performance Insecurity, they think we all have 200 games & loads of cash! (some probably do! I have 30 and rent ALL the rest for fun!)

Asariel
07-12-2009, 11:28 PM
All based on who you're chatting with. My GS is never going to be anything to write home about compared to folk on this site, but is two to five times more than any of my friends' so is the biggest fish in that particular small pond.

I have a mate who won't have me on his friends list because of my score/completion on principal given that I "take it too seriously" and "playing for all achievements is pointless". I laugh back that he takes it seriously enough to actually care and isn't far behind score wise! (good bit of craic between us though, nowt serious and all tongue in cheek).

Most friends I have that game think it's a bit ridiculous (a part of me even agrees) and, unlike most posting here, I know it's not jealously, just normal banter and different ways of gaming. I think one is mad for his 5 hour a day WoW obsession, another for playing nothing but PES being obsessed with his top 100 ranking and another still for owning umpteen games and playing some for all of a few hours before moving on, never finishing anything. Different strokes for different folks. I don't think I know anyone who takes it all that seriously, just a common interest and, as with all, gives rise to a bit of good natured ribbing.

As for the randoms, couldn't care less. Get the odd message but it's usally asking if I glitch or cheat rather than some social put down.

swann5150
07-12-2009, 11:44 PM
I honestly get more good natured crap from my real-life friends and LIVE friends than I do randoms.

The most I hear from randoms is if I have a bad match or something, then it's grief about how bad I suck despite that huge gamerscore (which isn't that big compared to some folks here).

As for the random idiots, basically that all just falls under the same blanket that most of the trash talkers do. It's easy to be big and bad when you are sitting behind the safety net of your internet connection.:)

Loftin08
07-12-2009, 11:51 PM
Mine isn't very high, but it's skyrocketed this summer while I've had free time to work on it. The only friend who makes fun of me has about 30k and is just a little jealous that I passed him up in the last month.:D

He'll say things like "I have no respect for your score, because you have TMNT and Shrek the Third." I just bring up the fact that I also have 1000+ on gears of war 1 and 2, and I've beaten CoD 2, 4, and WaW on veteran. Easy games are fine as long as you have some hard stuff in there too.

Life And Death
07-12-2009, 11:58 PM
It's kinda funny soon as a " Fight " brakes out on xbox live that's one of the first thing's they will comment on --- " oh well you have a high gamerscore so you have no life " -- if I had no life I would'nt have as many games as I do.

It is what it is I been on Xbox Live since 2003 so i've heard it all I could care less about what some random or " friend " say's about my score. It's what I personally like.

Then you get the people that are random from someone off your friends list's, friend's list ( if that make's since ) and ask you how you got such a high score and if you could send them money or video game's. I'm like WtF I don't even know you.....

ILoveFawkzes
07-13-2009, 12:02 AM
i was always a hardcore pc gamer, i just started with xbox, obviously theres people who have been getting score for 3 or more years now. and for people with 100k+, 30,00 or so a year isnt really as much as youd think

Jethrow
07-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Like Creech said, jealousy would be the main reason for getting those responses. They probably tried and tried over again to beat a game and you have the 1000G. I seen someone with 1000G on cod 3 and i was like WTF. I'm not jealous though, just amazed.

tugboatman
07-13-2009, 12:27 AM
yeah its gotta be jealousy but its not so bad for me anymore because i found this site and everyone on here wants one thing....... Achievements!!!!!

dillon
07-13-2009, 12:28 AM
i was always a hardcore pc gamer, i just started with xbox, obviously theres people who have been getting score for 3 or more years now. and for people with 100k+, 30,00 or so a year isnt really as much as youd think

I agree, 30,000 a year is actually not that good if your REALLY actually trying

BC 30000 a year would be less than 3000 a month which would be about 750 a week which would obviouusly be about 100G a day

l Absolution l
07-13-2009, 01:10 AM
-Cars
-Transformers
-Pimp My Ride (ugh..)

Generally, most people on Xbox live think it makes them cool to be jackasses to people for no reason, which is the power of being anonymous on Xbox live.

Perhaps you beat them in a game and they look for the easiest thing to insult you for. Maybe they are envious of how high it is because they want it themselves. All of these are possibilities.

Coldgears
07-13-2009, 01:25 AM
It all depends, If you play game JUST for achievements OR EVER let achievements be a factor in what you buy or rent. Then, I have a problem. But, if you buy/rent a game because you think it's fun and you get 1000/1000 in a game you like I say great. But, if you play shitty kids games for achievements you're not a gamer. Gamers play games for fun. I have played avatar, two minutes is nothing if the game took 5+ hours I would never bother. Hell, I would never bother with a game I don't like unless I can get all the achievements in less then 5 mins. If not why bother I play games to have fun not to waste time raising a number.

Biodrive
07-13-2009, 01:31 AM
It's because of the anonymity of the internet and the tendency of people who feel the need to exert their new found 'power' over other people with no consequence. Whether you have high gamerscore, low/no gamerscore, being pro at a game or sucking it doesn't matter.

ATHER_07
07-13-2009, 02:06 AM
I get things said to me by my brothers and friends but most of the time they just do it for laughs which i dont mind, an dont really care if they mean it anyway. Im proud of my score and proud to be a gamer, but now im taking course's to be a Games Designer, so ile probably be spending more time making games than i do playing them.

Oh and if you play games to get a easy 1000 gs, who cares buy or rent an play what you like. WHO GIVES A DAM WHAT OTHERS THINK

veece16
07-13-2009, 02:10 AM
those kids are playing fucking games, so they're making fun of themselves to other kids, games are just easier and they have more time

Tcaps8
07-13-2009, 02:14 AM
people dont call me names they usually are impressed by it
the onlytime is when myfriends aregiving me crapl ike "youve had youre xbox for half the time i did and you double my score"

veece16
07-13-2009, 02:17 AM
if your tag has nothing but avatar, the disney games, and tmnt then your considered an achievement whore, you gotta have gears of war or CoD

katesith
07-13-2009, 02:38 AM
i have been call a nerd and i havent broken 10k yet. half the people that have done this to me have had their account for at least a year and havent even hit 1k. they sit around on halo or cod all day.

GR1N_REAP3R
07-13-2009, 02:57 AM
-Cars
-Transformers
-Pimp My Ride (ugh..)

That the reason I love party Chat.

GR1N_REAP3R
07-13-2009, 03:00 AM
I agree, 30,000 a year is actually not that good if your REALLY actually trying

BC 30000 a year would be less than 3000 a month which would be about 750 a week which would obviouusly be about 100G a day

So im not trying? Sounds about right had xbox for about a years now and I have only 29k. But yet people get made at me and call me an Achievement \/\/h0re

catziIIa
07-13-2009, 04:58 AM
Well compared to you guys my gamerscore is low, but compared to my friends it is really high and people with high gamerscore dont deserve to be called no life because people with high gamerscore just focus on achievements. For instance i have some friends who play way more than me (even though i dont play much because i practice for football) and they have way less gamerscore than me because they dont collect achievements like me. So if I played for 2 hours and just went for achievements, in a month i would have more than someone playing through games on easy and putting hours into multiplayer.

Hitchman
07-13-2009, 05:11 AM
The normal response is: "Holy S*** dude, look at ______'s gamerscore"

"Man, you must have no life"

This is where I get to chime in and tell them my life story and if they want to say it to my face by all means, do it. I am a minor student in the world of psychology so I know what you are saying. However, I am not to the point of avoiding Public matches yet...I was just surprised to be called those things on an ACHIEVEMENT WEBSITE. Just weird is all.

I get those responses all the time and I dont even have 50K gamerscore yet.

But i agree with Creech about the feelings of inferiority or jealousy. I am a masters level student at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology and I have to deal with these issues everyday. With that in mind, I get to then break it down to them about how I hold a full time job, 16 cedit hours of school every week, 12 hours of internship per week and I am still able to enjoy games almost every day. Oh, and I have a live in girlfriend to deal with at the same time. Whew! FTW! I have a busy life.

KFZ Scrubs
07-13-2009, 07:22 AM
Well, not really.
100k can be obtained over time. Would people still be saying stuff like that if they learned that the person got 100k over time like 2 years?

Fonkey Monkey
07-13-2009, 07:38 AM
To be perfectly honest, I'm pretty embarrassed of my gamerscore. i try to completely avoid most videogame talk in real life, I do not enjoy being shit on.
Even though 82,xxx since launch that's what 2 1/2 years really not that hard when you think about it. But in an argument, whoever is loudest wins over the rational thought.

MJGB
07-13-2009, 08:48 AM
I think it's rude and idiotic to assume someone has no life because they play video games and have a high gamerscore. I cuold just as easily assume someone who doesn't play video games is a 'freak' because it is the highest grossing and largest media currently in the world, with games earning more than movies and music. Thus, it's like bitching that someone has an iPod as they listen to their 0.99 Music Player from Pound Stretcher.

JohnnyR74
07-13-2009, 09:11 AM
I've been called whats been previously mentioned before, but thats usually because I kick someone's ass online, and thats the only sad isult they have to throw at me.

Having nearly 44k really isn't a gigantic number to have since I started playing September '07, but I've definitely put a lot of time into it. The bottom line is, what you do with your life is only up to you, don't let assholes get to you.

Dukefan45
07-13-2009, 12:50 PM
To be perfectly honest, I'm pretty embarrassed of my gamerscore. i try to completely avoid most videogame talk in real life, I do not enjoy being shit on.
Even though 82,xxx since launch that's what 2 1/2 years really not that hard when you think about it. But in an argument, whoever is loudest wins over the rational thought.

Haha, I'm the same way. I hate when people try to talk about video games to me at school. I talk about them enough when I'm playing, and I don't want to think/talk about them every second.

On topic (even though this thread was dead and is now back alive apparently), I have one friend who gives me crap for playing video games so often. Yesterday he took it a step too far and tried to say I was a complete failure at life just because I had a decently high GamerScore (yes, he was being completely serious about this). Needless to say, I didn't take that too lightly.

Pashos
07-13-2009, 12:58 PM

I completely agree. In school and when I'm with my friends I hate when they bring up the 360 or gamerscore or something. If we are talking about the 360, someone always asks me how much gamerscore I have now and I just tell them what it is an try to start talking about something different.

NathAttack
07-13-2009, 02:25 PM
I completely agree. In school and when I'm with my friends I hate when they bring up the 360 or gamerscore or something. If we are talking about the 360, someone always asks me how much gamerscore I have now and I just tell them what it is an try to start talking about something different.

Yeah but you're bound to get that at school or work. I swear the only two people who had even half-way decent gamerscores at my old school were myself and my friend at just over 20,000 each -- This is an amazing number to someone who only plays Halo/CoD/GoW though.

I know that my GS is comparatively very low here, but to others it seems like an impossible task. We all know it's not.

(Even though in comparison my GS is low though, I'd just like to say I'm very, VERY proud of it. The only notoriously "easy" game on there is TMNT, but the rest of them are games I actually enjoyed, and many of them are hard.)

jackanape
07-13-2009, 03:11 PM
I wasn't being ignorant. I understood his post fully. It was misguided arrogance, so i responded to it accordingly.

What Covert was saying was that you insulted the OP in that thread, so the guy responded in kind - it had nothing to do with his high gamerscore (as it wasn't that high anyway). So saying all people with high gamerscores live up to their negative stereotype is obviously not accurate.

It all depends, If you play game JUST for achievements OR EVER let achievements be a factor in what you buy or rent. Then, I have a problem. But, if you buy/rent a game because you think it's fun and you get 1000/1000 in a game you like I say great. But, if you play shitty kids games for achievements you're not a gamer. Gamers play games for fun. I have played avatar, two minutes is nothing if the game took 5+ hours I would never bother. Hell, I would never bother with a game I don't like unless I can get all the achievements in less then 5 mins. If not why bother I play games to have fun not to waste time raising a number.

Care to explain the bolded statement? Surely a gamer is someone who will play all manner of games regardless of their quality rather than someone who turns his nose up (and looks down on others) if they play certain games. You play games = you are a gamer.

Plus there are plenty of good kids games too like any of the LEGO titles, Kung Fu Panda etc. Just because a game is for kids does not mean it is easy or sucks.

Feel free to mock my card if you like - I'm sure you have 1k in COD3 (and the rest), Dead Rising, Wartech, Topspin 3, Army of Two and so on. Though I did play kids games so I guess I'm not a real gamer.

kaleido42
07-13-2009, 05:01 PM
What Covert was saying was that you insulted the OP in that thread, so the guy responded in kind - it had nothing to do with his high gamerscore (as it wasn't that high anyway). So saying all people with high gamerscores live up to their negative stereotype is obviously not accurate.

Care to explain the bolded statement? Surely a gamer is someone who will play all manner of games regardless of their quality rather than someone who turns his nose up (and looks down on others) if they play certain games. You play games = you are a gamer.

Plus there are plenty of good kids games too like any of the LEGO titles, Kung Fu Panda etc. Just because a game is for kids does not mean it is easy or sucks.

Feel free to mock my card if you like - I'm sure you have 1k in COD3 (and the rest), Dead Rising, Wartech, Topspin 3, Army of Two and so on. Though I did play kids games so I guess I'm not a real gamer.

I quite agree with everything you just said there, summed up quite nice.

I don't have much right to speak on this I suppose with my low score (over 2x as much than anyone I actually know, other than one person that is at about 10000). It can get annoying though when they say stupid stuff. Most common thing said is that I only play video games for achievements. Of course reasoning does not work. Reasoning I use is that why wouldn't I just buy movie/kids games then but instead I got 1000 on games like Lego StarWars, Burnout Paradise, and Viva Pinata, putting a decent amount of time into each game aside from getting achievements/after obtaining achievements. Of course that never helps but I guess that's part of the reason that we can come here, so that we can converse with people that share our thoughts about achievements, so I guess it works out quite nicely.

@ Chocolate Disqo. Nice choice of place to come complain about people with high gamerscore.

Incubus21212
07-13-2009, 05:30 PM

A mixture isn't the way to go for me. I play games i suspect i will enjoy. Why anybody feels the need to go out and buy a game like Avatar is beyond me. I just can't comprehend that little achievement notifier bringing enough joy to someone to make it worth while.

I'm just wondering what negative stereotypes you think are correct regarding people with high gamerscores. And what do you think is a high score? And if achievement hunting is a waste of time then why contribute and be a member of a website whos main purpose is helping people unlock achievements? Just curious.

PureTechniquex
07-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Haha ive been sent loads of hate msg's but i just ignore them & click the block button. ;)

Nero x360a & ps3t
07-13-2009, 07:06 PM
To an Non achiever 10,000 is high. But to me 200k is high. I love when people say ______'s has no life he has over ___k Gamerscore. When they are the highest rank/level in a game.

Nero x360a & ps3t
07-13-2009, 07:10 PM

PWND
All hail jackanape.:drunk

CLB Left 4 Dead
07-13-2009, 07:31 PM
I don't have a very high gamescore but man you all sound like little girls whining, "i don't understand..." sure you do, you just made this thread so you and your other high gamerscore buddies can complain, hold each others hands and sit all high and mighty looking down on those with less gamerscore.

Creech
07-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Okay, first off, no need to revive threads that have been dead for four months or longer...and now this is turning into a piss pot, so I am closing it.