PDA

View Full Version : F.E.A.R 2 Patch?

Taz148
02-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Has anyone heard of a patch coming to lower the requirements for four star general or possibly make it so you get more xp per round. Do you think they even care enough about the F.E.A.R community to patch it? They obviously added those last 3 shit achievements so people will stick around for a long time but I would actually play more if the ranking system was worked out so it would be possible to obtain 1,000,000 xp legit.

pozi elite
02-18-2009, 11:11 PM
hevent heard anything on it but that would be nice ;)

TheToiletBrush
02-19-2009, 01:50 AM
Don't count on it. Achievements like this are pretty commonplace if you look around at some current games. Gears 2, Left 4 Dead, and Far Cry 2 all have stupid marathon cheevos like this. It's a self indulgent tribute to the developers who think gamers will love their game so much they'll forsake all others. Dumb crap.

How about a patch to just fix the multiplayer. The drops, lag, and glitches make it a real drag.

the_b1ues
02-19-2009, 01:56 AM
Dont think ive never seen a game have a patch that changes an achievement.

Ingles
02-19-2009, 01:57 AM
Damnit! The title of this thread got me excited... Oh well. :(

pozi elite
02-19-2009, 02:44 AM
Damnit! The title of this thread got me excited... Oh well. :(
yo man whats up havent talked to you in forever we need to play something together possibly this if you want. i got excited too but oh well

:drunk

Taz148
02-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Dont think ive never seen a game have a patch that changes an achievement.
I'm not saying i won't them to change the achievements just the amount of xp you get per objective/kill or lower the four star general rank down to about 200k xp.:woop:

XPL1C1T GAM3R
02-19-2009, 12:13 PM
actually there has been an achievement patch on gears 1 they increased the amount of kills needed for each "x" amount of kills with this weapon and seriously

KemicalSupreme
02-19-2009, 02:50 PM
wishful thinking.

TheToiletBrush
02-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Rarely (never) do developers admit that they purposefully created something stupid. If you don't want to waste the time to get General, skip it. Nobody is going to hold it against you or consider you a pussy. But, any cat who has 1000 on F2 legit will be respected or thought of as insane. We all have people on our freinds list who have cheevos that make us stop and think "whoh! epic".

Deathblow23
02-19-2009, 06:12 PM
actually there has been an achievement patch on gears 1 they increased the amount of kills needed for each "x" amount of kills with this weapon and seriously

Not true. The reason it took so many so long to get seriously and the weapon cheevos is because hidden underneath all that TrueSkill garbage is,...for lack of a better phrase,...a "credibility matrix".

Here goes,...

When you are in a full 8 player/10 round game and let's say 4 people quit in the 3rd round...then when the game is over and your stats are uploading...it's as if the databases don't believe your stats are real because you played with quitters. There is actually alot of technical phrasing for this...but that is the jist of the problem. (I realize that stats upload between rounds...by the way.)

Would you like proof?

When Gears 1 came out there were many, MANY people who got Seriously within the first 4-5 months the game was out. That would be around March/April of 07'. They got the cheevo in a very timely manner without having to go ridiculously past 10K to get it...if at all. The quitting epidemic in Gears 1 didn't really kick into high gear until the summer of 07'...and it has stretched into the new game's lifespan as well. This would explain why so many people who didn't get started on Seriously until later in Gears 1's life either still don't have it...or got it much later than 10K...because they were playing during the height of the quitting epidemic, and their stats were perceived by the databases as discredited. (I know this all sounds so hokey...but I really think it's the truth.)

Now the REAL truth and source of this info was a very long and thorough post that appeared in the gamespot.com forums a while ago by someone who claimed to be very closely associated with Gears 1 online universe, i.e.,...an employee. In fact, that very post was in the the Gears 1 forums on this site...and I'm sure it still is if you search hard enough.

I guess if you're still going for that cheevo, the best thing to do is get your 4 most reliable friends into your game and don't destroy the other team so bad that they quit early...and then just hope & pray for the best.

Sorry for the length...but I really feel like this inof should be out there for those who had to deal with Gears 1's Seriously cheevo issues.

A 2rue Beast
02-19-2009, 08:32 PM
I hope they patch it and make it 2 million xp. Nothing wrong with another week of boosting.

TheToiletBrush
02-19-2009, 08:38 PM
I hope that is sarcasm.

House of El
02-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Damnit! The title of this thread got me excited... Oh well. :( yea me too ,o well we cant win'em all

A 2rue Beast
02-19-2009, 08:47 PM
I hope that is sarcasm.

No sarcasm meant at all. It would make having 1000 in the game that much more prestigious.

pozi elite
02-19-2009, 10:29 PM
No sarcasm meant at all. It would make having 1000 in the game that much more prestigious.

no that just means you boosted alot more

killerc0P
02-19-2009, 10:36 PM
I hope they patch it and make it 2 million xp. Nothing wrong with another week of boosting.

Just please once you've done it don't put "first in the world to 1000 in Fear 2"

It just proves that you had no life for two weeks.

A 2rue Beast
02-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Even boosted the achievement will be prestigious. Any nub can get 1000xp but 1mill xp in less than 2 weeks thats some beastly s**t.

Taz148
02-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Even boosted the achievement will be prestigious. Any nub can get 1000xp but 1mill xp in less than 2 weeks thats some beastly s**t.
Not to talk shit beast, I’ve boosted F.E.A.R with you a couple times but I wouldn’t mind doing it so much either if I had several xbox 360’s so I wouldn’t have to rely on others to help. Getting 1,000,000 xp takes 0% skill 10% commitment and 90% time, which I don’t have much of atm.

A 2rue Beast
02-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Its time management no doubt about it and thats what I do best.

Lol the no life hater shit is just hilarious. My family owns 3 music stores (I am responsible for one of the stores), own my home, I have a girlfriend, I run marathons (1 a year), play basketball at least 3 times a week, and I play a shit load of xbox. If thats having no life I will gladly proclaim that I am a no lifer that 1k'd FEAR 2 in less than weeks.

I feel bad for people who cant do what they love to do, I would be pissed if I had constraints on my time.

Taz dont remember boosting with you but I dont see that as talking shit. I will never take the shaft If I have the most resources in the boost.

killerc0P
02-19-2009, 11:40 PM

Lol the no life hater shit is just hilarious. My family owns 3 music stores (I am responsible for one of the stores), own my home, I have a girlfriend, I run marathons (1 a year), play basketball at least 3 times a week, and I play a shit load of xbox. If thats having no life I will gladly proclaim that I am a no lifer that 1k'd FEAR 2 in less than weeks.

I feel bad for people who cant do what they love to do, I would be pissed if I had constraints on my time.

Taz dont remember boosting with you but I dont see that as talking shit. I will never take the shaft If I have the most resources in the boost.

If you 1k FEAR 2 in two weeks people will think you cheated/hacked the game. Not me but just saying it will look that way.

KostinKid
02-19-2009, 11:46 PM
The number one on the leader board has 500,000 exp. his K/D is like 2,500 and 30 we all know hes legit.

O Damn thats him A 2rue Beast

Taz148
02-19-2009, 11:58 PM

lol You'll take the shaft tonight!!
Yeah, You, 7th, terror and I boosted with the "new" method that 7th showed you.

A 2rue Beast
02-20-2009, 12:14 AM
lol You'll take the shaft tonight!!
Yeah, You, 7th, terror and I boosted with the "new" method that 7th showed you.

Yeah i just hope I can get on before 7th passes me lol. If anybody passed me I wouldnt mind 7th being the one. New method is nice but I miss the breaks I got playing failsafe.

killerc0P
02-20-2009, 12:43 AM
What is the new method seriously you should be sharing not gloating. This is a community and its pretty pathetic saying your not revealing your method until you get to 1 million

A 2rue Beast
02-20-2009, 12:55 AM
I gave my method of playing Failsafe, and the new method is not mine to give out. Its still not much quicker only about 10k an hour. Hey but dont bother this achievement is just for the no lifers.

Absolutionz
02-20-2009, 01:00 AM
I gave my method of playing Failsafe, and the new method is not mine to give out. Its still not much quicker only about 10k an hour. Hey but dont bother this achievement is just for the no lifers.

I know I've been a bit of a dick in the past, but that's just my natural self, I wasn't really singling you out. Either way, fact of the matter is you're going to be the first person to 1k the game, life or not, that's impressive. On that note, if you're happy with your life and you have the luxury of playing a lot of Xbox, more power to you. I just think a lot of people are bitter towards you because they can't do that themselves.

But yeah, any tips you can give out would be much appreciated. It sucks when an achievement like this comes out, because I usually don't like to feel like I HAVE to play a certain game, especially when there's so many other things out that I want to play.

killerc0P
02-20-2009, 07:58 AM

Not yours to give out LOL what a joke. I didn't know you could copyright certain techniques in a GAME !

xEndriux
02-20-2009, 08:11 AM

Can you explain please your method ?
thx

A 2rue Beast
02-20-2009, 08:49 AM
No but there is a bit of ethics among boosters lol. He asked specifically to keep his method off forums so I will comply with his wishes.

FiReStOrM^
02-20-2009, 08:53 AM
and the new method is not mine to give out.

lmao thats crazy

killerc0P
02-20-2009, 10:26 AM
No but there is a bit of ethics among boosters lol. He asked specifically to keep his method off forums so I will comply with his wishes.

Whatever maybe you just don't want to just incase someone beats you to be 1st. Maybe you should think about the help that this site has given you for various games.
I have never heard of "boosters ethics" I've boosted games before and would share something if I had a good technique.
But you coming on the forum, and in my opinion boasting about a "technique" that you use and are unwilling to share it shows you have no ethics.

Being 1st or last to 1000 in a game does not make you any better than the last person as everyone will put the same effort in as you.

MrEastSide
02-20-2009, 10:39 AM

I love achievements, but I'm not going to be going for General no matter what methods become available because I just don't care that much. But, dude, there is ethics among boosters? Come on, dude. What ethics do boosters share? I don't have a problem with boosting, but it is essentially cheating to reach what you are supposed to work for, but there are ethics involved? LMAO!!!

Rand al Thor 19
02-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Gotta love the haters Beast. And Beast, you better be the first to 1k FEAR2. It won't be beastly if you aren't :p

A 2rue Beast
02-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Gotta love the haters Beast. And Beast, you better be the first to 1k FEAR2. It won't be beastly if you aren't :p

Unfortunately I wont be first. I am going away for the weekend its my girl's birthday and like a dumb ass I promised to take her away for the weekend. I will try to sneak my 360's on the trip but I doubt she will allow me to play.:(

For the rest of ya'll if your interested in knowing the method just join my room I will be hosting Armored Front-10player matches on Assembly just join and shout Rooster! No joke I will show what im doing.

Hosting from now to 6pm Pacific time Friday.

TheToiletBrush
02-20-2009, 04:24 PM

Wow.

Yea, you make those achievements so much more prestigous.

lifeexpectancy
02-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Yo beast you know we don't sweat the haters. By the way I passed Sinless and beat him to 1st lieutenant lol. Not that I really give a crap about the leader boards but I gotta give him shit. Course I wish I'd made 270-300k today instead of just 180k.

As for the people wanting to know how to boost, get off yer duffs and get in some matches, plenty of people are doing it. You'll learn. If you're smart enough to boost you're smart enough to figure it out.

We're thinking of trying to get the top 5 or so to hit 1,000,000 exp exactly on the nose, then take a picture of it and mail it to the devs with a lovely "response".

As for people thinking we cheated/hacked it because we did it in under 2 weeks? No, we boosted it, get it right. Jerks like those guys using modded xbox's or gamesaves or whatever the hell it is to have 1000 on the game without even being ON the leaderboards are cheaters.

Cheaters and boosters are two different things.

Taz148
02-21-2009, 08:41 AM
What is the new method seriously you should be sharing not gloating. This is a community and its pretty pathetic saying your not revealing your method until you get to 1 million
Who said we weren't reveling anything?
Its know by a lot of people just a bit complicated to go over in words its better to show in action.

Taz148
02-21-2009, 08:44 AM
Beast... I think i love you!!
lol

lifeexpectancy
02-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Looks like Sign may make it to 4star first. Family always takes priority over a game. Let that be a lesson to everyone :)

TESTUBE BABY 82
02-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Whatever maybe you just don't want to just incase someone beats you to be 1st. Maybe you should think about the help that this site has given you for various games.
I have never heard of "boosters ethics" I've boosted games before and would share something if I had a good technique.
But you coming on the forum, and in my opinion boasting about a "technique" that you use and are unwilling to share it shows you have no ethics.

Being 1st or last to 1000 in a game does not make you any better than the last person as everyone will put the same effort in as you. ya i agree .and i tthought this was a site for sharing and helping others with achievements .looks like you are on the wrong site beast try imaselfishgamerwhodoesntliketoshareinfoaboutboosti ng.com

Piccolo549
02-23-2009, 03:41 AM
Looks like Sign may make it to 4star first. Family always takes priority over a game. Let that be a lesson to everyone :)

yep 7th sign only has a little more than 200k to go

ponypo2001
02-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Like all good methods,tips,tricks etc,this boosting method will soon be common knowledge and those willing to put in the time will have their 1k.Don't sweat it people,you'll get them just as quickly.And just think,even if it's not revealed,imagine being the first 5 star general WITHOUT boosting.Now that would be beastly!

AcidGlowx81
02-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Objective-based matches give you more EXP. Just try CTF and Control and Conquer All mode for 1 match each. Then compare the EXP. That'll give you path on what's the fastest method to take.

oFILECOMPLAINTo
02-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Its An easy achievement it just takes soooooooooo much time to get it, it doesnt matter how long it takes you as long as you get it(that goes for A 2rue Beast who thinks getting it early makes him a better person....... although he removed me off his FL cos i had more than him on Gears2 @ 1 point....... P.S he has glitched gears1 seriously)

FEAR 2 double experience week would be fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the_b1ues
02-23-2009, 09:47 PM
I keep going back to this game in between when im not playing gears.

oFILECOMPLAINTo
02-23-2009, 09:55 PM
I keep going back to this game in between when im not playing gears.

haha exactly the same as my routine :), have 1 game for achievements (also enjoyment) and when you get bored of that game you play gears!!! ( GOW 1 of course ) ;)

oFILECOMPLAINTo
02-23-2009, 10:09 PM

the new method is on the gamemode armoured front, 1 team catures all the bases except 1 or 5 (depending on which side u start on) and the other team captures that 1 or 5, and the team tht captures the 4 neutralises 1 or 5 and then the other team captures it, Rinse And Repeat.

Not Every1 is as stubern as u 2rue Beast..............

Cla55y
02-23-2009, 10:57 PM
the new method is on the gamemode armoured front, 1 team catures all the bases except 1 or 5 (depending on which side u start on) and the other team captures that 1 or 5, and the team tht captures the 4 neutralises 1 or 5 and then the other team captures it, Rinse And Repeat.

Not Every1 is as stubern as u 2rue Beast..............

the most efficiant is still to have someone who has 2 xboxes aswell as urself and use 2 accounts on 1 team that u dont care about and ur main accounts on the other, play the same way but dont swap after every game ;). get there twice as fast

iiTz
02-26-2009, 05:00 AM

getting free kills while spending 5 days played (played at perfect boosting speed too, btw. It's probably more like 200 to 250 i hear)= beastly shit?

Well, I guess someone who never leaves their room is equivalent to a beast in a cave.

Don't come bragging about how you could do another mill-you look silly.

We are NOT going to catch him.
And so what if we did?
Sharing is caring.

ImmortalArbiter
02-27-2009, 05:51 AM
Yeah, the entire point of this site is sharing methods to get achievements as easily as possible. Withholding information from the community is ridiculous. When we all tire of achievements, what good will witholding the information have done? Absolutely nothing. Do you think anyone really cares who's first? I was first in the world with 1100 in Fallout 3 (according to MGC), but I don't think anyone gives a crap.

It's not like achievements really matter anyway. Are you going to go up to someone in real life and say "Hey I got 4-Star General in F.E.A.R. 2, and it only took me 100 hours since I know the super secret method!!!"

And ethics among boosters...give me a break. One could argue boosting itself is "unethical", and voids the point of achievements entirely (not that I feel that way, I've boosted plenty myself).

I personally don't want to know the method, but it just bothers me to see someone as a part of this website holding information from everyone, that could help them reduce the time it takes to get this achievement - which is in direct contrast to what the site is about.