PDA

View Full Version : Limited Edition Question

M1RaG3 SpUd 7
02-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Ive ordered the LE halo wars and i was wondering if u g4et all 6 of the new maps or do u just get the 3 mentioned??

thanks in advanced

General Khazard
02-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Just the three, the other three won't be available until ODST ships in the fall.

SC Defective
02-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Quick question, if I get the normal edition, will I get any maps at all?
And more importantly will I get the full version of Halo 3's multiplayer like I was led to believe. Or is this just the LE edition?

General Khazard
02-19-2009, 09:27 PM
The maps only come with the LCE, but they will be available for download off the marketplace some 2-4 weeks or so after Halo Wars ships.

SC Defective
02-19-2009, 10:36 PM
But with a normal copy of the game I should still be able to play the current maps on Halo 3's multiplayer without a copy of halo 3 correct?

Feel My Rage
02-19-2009, 11:00 PM
If you mean a normal copy of Halo Wars....then No.Halo Wars is an RTS.....it doesnt have a multiplayer that is anywhere close to Halo 3's MP

SC Defective
02-20-2009, 03:09 AM
I read somewhere that halo wars will include the full version of halo 3's multiplayer.
I dont think I imagined it, but who knows.

General Khazard
02-20-2009, 05:24 AM
I think you're thinking of ODST... but ODST is actually just an expansion to Halo 3 itself rather than a standalone game.

Feel My Rage
02-20-2009, 05:37 AM
I gotta agree with Gen. Khazard there.You're probably thinking about ODST, as that has all the Halo 3 game modes and maps on one disc.

Denisu47
02-20-2009, 11:07 AM
But with a normal copy of the game I should still be able to play the current maps on Halo 3's multiplayer without a copy of halo 3 correct?

I think you're confusing this with the release of ODST.
If I understand right that is the game that has the full Multiplayer function of Halo3 with (correct me if I'm wrong) all 21 MP maps.
Halo Wars is just an RTS with 3 maps for Halo 3, but you won't be able to play those unless you have Halo 3, unlike ODST apparently.

Edit:
Correction 24 maps, but if you're curious you might want to look at this newsection of Halo ODST (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-2196-ODST-Will-Include-All-Halo-3-Maps.html)

General Khazard
02-20-2009, 04:11 PM
I think you're confusing this with the release of ODST.
If I understand right that is the game that has the full Multiplayer function of Halo3 with (correct me if I'm wrong) all 21 MP maps.
Halo Wars is just an RTS with 3 maps for Halo 3, but you won't be able to play those unless you have Halo 3, unlike ODST apparently.

Edit:
Correction 24 maps, but if you're curious you might want to look at this newsection of Halo ODST (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-2196-ODST-Will-Include-All-Halo-3-Maps.html)

ODST isn't a game, it's an expansion to Halo 3, so of course it's going to have full Halo 3 multiplayer capability. That said, you are correct that ODST will come packaged with all 24 maps.

Denisu47
02-20-2009, 09:00 PM
ODST isn't a game, it's an expansion to Halo 3, so of course it's going to have full Halo 3 multiplayer capability. That said, you are correct that ODST will come packaged with all 24 maps.

So if I understand correctly ODST is just Halo 3 Multiplayer with all 24 maps on the disc?
Hmmm I did't know that although it helps to rid you of all some Gigs of DLC that might clutter your Hard Disk.
I'm really curious now for how much they will sell this then.
I myself have been to cheap to buy DLC maps for any games except GRAW2 I'd rather have single player DLC, but for some reason I'd like to get these Mythic and the current one priced at 600MSP so I can enjoy the occasional game with friends.
Now there are several ways to obtain these maps:
Buy DLC from XBL.
Buy the C.E. of Halo Wars but you won't have the last mappack that is on XBL now for 600 points.
Or eventually buy ODST.
Well I'll see what happens maybe the current DLC will be made free like was done with the first.

SC Defective
02-20-2009, 11:54 PM
Thanks alot. The halo 3 multiplayer aspect wasn't a selling point with me. I didn't really like it to begin with, that's why I traded halo 3 in.

Again thanks for clearing it up.

General Khazard
02-21-2009, 06:33 AM
So if I understand correctly ODST is just Halo 3 Multiplayer with all 24 maps on the disc?
Hmmm I did't know that although it helps to rid you of all some Gigs of DLC that might clutter your Hard Disk.
I'm really curious now for how much they will sell this then.
I myself have been to cheap to buy DLC maps for any games except GRAW2 I'd rather have single player DLC, but for some reason I'd like to get these Mythic and the current one priced at 600MSP so I can enjoy the occasional game with friends.
Now there are several ways to obtain these maps:
Buy DLC from XBL.
Buy the C.E. of Halo Wars but you won't have the last mappack that is on XBL now for 600 points.
Or eventually buy ODST.
Well I'll see what happens maybe the current DLC will be made free like was done with the first.

Not exactly... ODST is primarily a single player campaign expansion. It just happens to come bundled with ALL the DLC maps for Halo 3.

Liamnator1005
02-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Not exactly... ODST is primarily a single player campaign expansion. It just happens to come bundled with ALL the DLC maps for Halo 3.

Hopefully ODST will have a sepical edition with a code for the other 3 maps so i can download then for halo 3 without having to switch discs

Denisu47
02-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Hopefully ODST will have a sepical edition with a code for the other 3 maps so i can download then for halo 3 without having to switch discs
Which maps are you refering too, didn't Khazard mention that ODST came with ALL DLC maps (and the original ones too I assume) so there wouldn't be any left would there.
The maps included in the Halo Wars C.E. are the mytic maps if I'm not mistaken which should be in the ODST-game/expansion, so which are the 3 maps you are refering to.
Anyway thanks for clearing that all up Khazard, sounds a bit more interesting to get ODST now, although probably not on release.

Bubba Brad
02-21-2009, 07:57 PM
yeh, from what I can gather you have probably mixed the games up, Halo Wars is a Real Time Strategy where you play as a God-Style Controller, whereas Halo 3 and ODST is a First Person Shooter that puts you in the role of an individual at all times.

The free maps are for Halo 3 and ODST which share maps, and are only available when bought with LCE or bought from the marketplace.