PDA

View Full Version : User Comments - Should We Receive Credit?

Medz
02-20-2009, 01:37 AM
I post a lot in the User Comments for news. I noticed that everyone else tends to do the same. How come we don't receive credit for this on the site (i.e. included in our "Posts Count")? Or even include a separate "Comments Count"?

Minty
02-20-2009, 01:52 AM
Because the news section isn't part of the forum...

Medz
02-20-2009, 02:00 AM
Man Minty... Sometimes I think you hate me. ;)

What would you think of having a separate count?

eskEMO
02-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Meh, most of the comments I read from the news post are complete spam (by forum standards). In my opinion, it would be a waste of time/effort. =/

Ingles
02-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Meh, most of the comments I read from the news post are complete spam (by forum standards). In my opinion, it would be a waste of time/effort. =/

I agree with eskEMO. I don't really see the point in this. Too much spam as is and people wanting to be first.

Jappe XBA
02-21-2009, 09:59 PM
I agree with eskEMO. I don't really see the point in this. Too much spam as is and people wanting to be first.

I kinda like this idea, people do spam though, but isn't there a thing that admins do to the ppl who say "First" and stuff ;)

Floodclaw
02-21-2009, 10:17 PM

Exactly. And as Minty said, News section =/= forums ;D

Skillet
02-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Man Minty... Sometimes I think you hate me. ;)

What would you think of having a separate count?

In my opinion, we don't need a post count at all.

Just breeds elitism.

Adding a comment count or a "second account" to the home page is just a waste of time, man.

Nightdragon
02-21-2009, 10:56 PM
"Second post count" - Whats the point?

"Adding to normal post count" - Most comments are spam, and irrelevant. Again, whats the point?

You speak as if post count is a "Reward", its just a number, the only thing this number is used for is the clubs/leaderboards, and they only require low post counts. So I say a third time, whats the point?

Alfman1
02-22-2009, 11:02 AM
I agree with ESKemo..

You shouldn't get credit for being stupid and posting rubbish on news..

For example...

FIRST HAHA NEVER HAPPENS TO ME

Credit for this would be an overall bad choice I feel.

Jdm
02-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Comments anywhere will not add to your post count and that includes comments in your profile and messages in social groups. None of those are considered as "real posts".

As Night said, post counts are just numbers. Members have told me, "Wow, you have a lot of posts!" It's nothing really. Put me back to zero and I can careless. I post because I like to help others out and you guys should do the same as well. Not just consider it as a +1 post for me. That's posting for the wrong reasons and might I add, could even be considered as spam.

This thread will be closed now. If you have any questions or comments in regards to this topic, please feel free to contact me.