PDA

View Full Version : Illustrious Drum Career

TheRealPsiPhi
02-20-2009, 02:23 AM
Seriously... The 4th Tier in drums has Metallica and Iron Maiden in it. How can it get worse? Any tips besides changing to 5 lanes? Anyone try with the controller and see if it's easier?

TheRealPsiPhi
02-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Well, here is some tips since no one else has any.

After the 4th tier it gets easier again. I've breezed all the way to the 8th no worries.

Also, if you can't get the kick pedal on some songs, forget about it. Nine out of ten times I've tried just hitting the pads and not the pedal and still passed the song. Usually with a 2 star.

The only challenges that are actually hard are the ones that speed up and the memorize the pattern ones. You can YouTube both if the speed screws you up.

You can use the controller. I'm going to play around with mapping the controls a little later to see if you can do it like DDR, but first I'm going to complete the majority of this career (read as: get as far as I can without doing that).

I've skipped about 7 songs and I'm on the 8th tier. Really not bad at all. Very doable.

TheRealPsiPhi
02-23-2009, 03:29 AM
Also, if you want to pass the first and last Play Without the Notes songs, just get a basic idea for the layout and hit all 3 of the pads at the same time.

Easily passed Chop Suey! this way and Pain.

TheRealPsiPhi
04-13-2009, 10:32 PM
More good info. If you're still having trouble with the can't see the note challenges just use a regular controller. With the regular controller just repeated press the left bumper and all 4 face buttons at the same time. It will hit all pads and you won't be penalized.

Still trying to find a good, easy method for the songs that speed up as your multiplier rises. I'm going to try and use a computer to watch a video of the playthrough without it speeding up. If this game is anything like the DDR games, then speeding up only spaces out the notes more and makes the scrolling go faster. The tempo of the song remains the same.

I have 5 more songs to pass on drums and I've got the full 1000 on this game. I can taste it and it tastes sweet.

Doominatorx6
04-18-2009, 10:25 PM
is there any kind of trick for the recording challenges on drums (play the part flawlessly) out there? Because i only need to beat the last 2 (holy wars and detroit rock city) to platinum drums on expert. I cant do it though! ARGGG

UPDATE! I DID beat detroit rock city on expert (the challenge) with a TON of repetition. Holy Wars on the other hand.... well if you are reading this then give up now. There is a reason only 14 people have 1k'ed this one.

CyanideSpirit
04-19-2009, 04:54 AM
Should be a little easier though since you can use the regular controller

TheRealPsiPhi
04-20-2009, 03:53 AM
Dominatorx6, I'm in the exact same boat as you.

I have no more tips for the Speed Up challenges. I tried to sync it up through YouTube and it didn't work all that well. I was always off and couldn't hold a combo. You just have to get really good at the drums.

I'm thinking get a 2nd party to do the kick pedal for Holy Wars.

Detroit Rock City is a bitch too. I can get to the first red drum roll every time without fail, but then I only hit the first 3 or 4 for whatever reason. I've made it past that point a good 5 or 6 times now and failed at the next drum roll. I think either my pads are faulty, or this game's hit box is crappy. Maybe both.

For those of you out there: Practice these sections until you can do it in your sleep.

Detroit Rock City - Instrumental Break

Holy Wars - Verse 1

Doominatorx6
04-21-2009, 12:16 AM
The speed up challenges aren't that bad. They require quite a bit of practice though... what I did was play the song (NOT the challenge) play another song, then play the speed up challenge. It seemed to work okay... as for Holy Wars, I can do it 100% on hard, so i'm making progress. And NO the controller doesn't help lol... wish it did.

Also to PsiPhi, i talked to someone who did 1k this game, and he said he got someone else to do the pedal lol. So good luck with that!

UPDATE! OMMFG I BEAT HOLY WARS!!!11 As for tips... there are none i'm afraid, i simply said to myself "that's it, 3 more tries and i'm done" and i did it on the first. Practice practice practice! Good luck everyone, youll sure as hell need it

TheRealPsiPhi
04-21-2009, 05:22 AM
Congrats man!

I'm sure I'll be there with you in a week or two.

What I was expecting to take a week has now taken 2 months...

Alfman1
05-22-2009, 07:27 AM
The hardest challenges for me were

Am I evil? and Walk Speed up Challenges

Am I evil took at least 2 or 3 hours to get and Walk took 3 tries but it was hard.

I'm really good at the drums on these games and I have to say the score for Am I evil was fucking ludicris. Really hard and i'm proud to be the 15th person with 1k :P

Also Doominator.. Get those 100 wins out the way and you could have 1k.. Why haven't you done it already?

Lightbishop
05-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Yeah I felt that this was a pretty challenging achievement and was very proud when I finally got it after completing that last 3 song gig. I didn't find the Holy Wars to be too hard but the last section of the song had me stuck for a bit til I practiced it. I am hoping to be the 16th person to complete this game just need to find someone to boost the game with me!

Alfman1
05-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Check the boosting thread.. Someone posted in there earlier :)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72227&page=3

LynchMeister
07-08-2009, 01:45 AM
Hey guys... I am trying so hard to get this last achievement.... I have just 1 expert drum challenge left! What else than... Am I Evil? The score cut off is so high... I can even get 2 mil yet... and I need 2.5 mil. I know I can do it and I would love to 1k this game as I know that not many have... I'll let you know how it goes.

LynchMeister
07-08-2009, 03:02 AM
EDIT!!!!!

I GOT IT!!! According to the info posted here... I am the 16th person in the world to 1k Rock Revolution!!!! This was mad hard... the drum challenges were insane. Am I Evil speed up challenge was the last thing I needed and it was absolutely destroyed... 3.2 million... Achievement unlocked and this game is done forever... WOOT WOOT!!!!

Cissnei
07-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Good job there :) Did you do the studio challenges with a video? If yes how did you synch it?
I'm pretty sure I'll never 1k this game, but mainly because I get a headache after playing it for 10 minutes :(.

LynchMeister
07-10-2009, 12:42 AM
Thanks man... I'm still happy about it. Nope... I didn't try and sync up any videos for the studio challenges on the drums... only when I did the guitar career. I found it way to hard to try and do that for the drums. I'm sorry I really can't give much advice other than maybe try and get someone else to play the bass pedal for ya on the difficult ones... What do you have left?

MachineAres
09-11-2009, 04:37 AM
Only things i have left to 1k are Highway Star and Am I Evil speed up challenges. Seriously, this is fucking stupid. I think I need to play it on a smaller TV so it doesn't seem so fast, since now I'm playing on a "60 HDTV, and there's only so far you can sit away from it.