PDA

View Full Version : Most anticipated game of year?

Alyssaphanboi
02-20-2009, 08:41 AM
Iz Halo Warz your most anticipated game of the year??? :confused:

It is for me, which is in a way sort of sad because that means there are not that many more games I am looking forward too for rest of year.

However that is balanced out by fact I want Halo Warz so badly... I even took the day off to play it 3/3/09!!1!1!!!!!:eek: :woop::)

General Khazard
02-20-2009, 09:39 AM

It is for me, which is in a way sort of sad because that means there are not that many more games I am looking forward too for rest of year.

However that is balanced out by fact I want Halo Warz so badly... I even took the day off to play it 3/3/09!!1!1!!!!!:eek: :woop::)

Fortunately (for my grades) I have that day off anyway (I don't have classes Tuesdays or Thursdays) and my anniversary is the day before, rather than on that day, so I won't have to miss anything crucial. But yeah, This and Bioshock 2 are my most anticipated.

Telexen
02-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Not even close.

Even if you want to say it's big because of Halo (which is the only reason it's marginally big)...ODST would be more anticipated as it's a more popular gametype.

I'm more looking forward to Bioshock 2 and hoping for a new Half Life installment...though I won't hold my breath for it to release this year.

Alyssaphanboi
02-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Alright I wuz thinking about Bioshock 2 when I made this post and would just like to point out that I am don't think it has been confirmed to come out this year?!?!?! Does it have release date yet?

And also I am sure I am in minority but I want Halo Warz more then Halo ODST, like alot more. ODST lookz sort of lame to me to be honest. (come on' don't even get to control a Spartan!)

M1keX
02-20-2009, 03:24 PM
bioshock 2 is due out nov 09, read it in the X360 mag, i'm sure if u google it u'll find out.

and i'm looking forward to halo wars too.

General Khazard
02-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Technically, ODST is just an expansion to an existing game, so I wasn't counting it as its own game. This doesn't mean I'm not highly anticipating it, but I don't consider it a game by its own right.

Spartanwarninja
02-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Hello people COD4 Modern Warfare 2?!?!?!?!
I think it comes out at the end of 09 according to ign.

Alyssaphanboi
02-20-2009, 04:45 PM

Ok I didn't like the original COD Modern Warfares story so decided not to play it and hopefully the new one will have better story and will be something I may be interested in but even still I would still be MORE INTO Halo Warz! :woop:

checkahh
02-20-2009, 05:19 PM
why do you always put z instead of s, are you some kind of retarded?

General Khazard
02-20-2009, 06:51 PM

Meh. I like singleplayer in CoD games, but the multiplayer sucks.

Alyssaphanboi
02-21-2009, 08:33 AM
why do you always put z instead of s, are you some kind of retarded?

It iz my distinctive style to differentiate-ize me from the Masses. :)

Eternal
02-21-2009, 10:01 AM
It makes you look like a retard. Stop using them.

And no, Halo Wars is not my most anticipated game... I'm waiting for Bioshock 2 and ODST :p

Alyssaphanboi
02-21-2009, 11:18 AM
It makes you look like a retard. Stop using them.

And no, Halo Wars is not my most anticipated game... I'm waiting for Bioshock 2 and ODST :p

I am sorry I can't do that.

Anyhow I do want to play Bioshock 2, but like I am not convinced it will even drop this year yet and ODST, like U don't even control a Spartan, just some wuss in a jump suit and I am sorry but I just don't think it looks that good and I love Halo Franchise but I may have to skip ODST to OD on a different game, LOL!

Liamnator1005
02-21-2009, 11:22 AM

no for me its 3 games i am hypered about, which are The Chronicles Of Riddick, Resident Evil 5 and Prototype

Halo Wars is just goona be good but i like the normal Halo series better as the multiplayer is more fast paced

AdamD2K9
02-21-2009, 11:30 AM
No although Halo Wars will be good it is the kind of game that I would get excited over.However, if Bethesda announce that Elder Scrolls V is coming out then I will probably wet myself. (I think that answers the question)

ch9209live
02-21-2009, 01:14 PM
No although Halo Wars will be good it is the kind of game that I would get excited over.However, if Bethesda announce that Elder Scrolls V is coming out then I will probably wet myself. (I think that answers the question)

sorry to spoil your fun, but next elder scroll will come to next gen. console.

Bubba Brad
02-21-2009, 08:15 PM
So far this year, Halo Wars is my most anticipated game but when further details are released for Halo 3 OSDT and/or resident evil 5 I will probably change my mind, however my love for RTS games surpasses any other genre/style of games.

ZundayXx
02-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Its only February we got 10 months ahead of us, who knows what where gonna get. So no.

Alyssaphanboi
02-22-2009, 03:32 AM
sorry to spoil your fun, but next elder scroll will come to next gen. console.

Actually MS has declared they are not working on a 'new new' gen console because of the economic depression and so that means Xbox 360 will be around at least 3-5 more years so I think we may see a newer Elder Scroll-age on Xbox 360

Link: No new xbox console in microsofts future (http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/01/10/no-new-xbox-console-in-microsofts-future/)

ch9209live
02-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Actually MS has declared they are not working on a 'new new' gen console because of the economic depression and so that means Xbox 360 will be around at least 3-5 more years so I think we may see a newer Elder Scroll-age on Xbox 360

Link: No new xbox console in microsofts future (http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/01/10/no-new-xbox-console-in-microsofts-future/)

yeah i read that, but i remember someone in Bethesda said that 1 game/ console (of course PC is all different) but you never know :)

ArcticKiller360
02-22-2009, 10:39 AM
i was looking forward to halo wars put after playing the demo i realised how bad it was, cancelled pre order and saved 40, halo wars looks awful, im looking forward to COD:MW2 and dead rising 2 whenever that comes out

convex
02-22-2009, 11:11 AM
While I am looking forward Halo Wars...I am more excited about Resident Evil 5, but I'll still enjoy as much as i can of it since I'm shelling out 65 bucks.

Aussiegore
02-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Defiantly my most anticipated game of the year and you have no idea how depressing that is....oh well. Bioshock and CoD, well they should give me a few days of fun for 100$ but I wont me happy. So I will wish that mass effect 2 was being made last year and will be released this year, but I know it wont happen :(

Alyssaphanboi
02-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Defiantly my most anticipated game of the year and you have no idea how depressing that is....oh well. Bioshock and CoD, well they should give me a few days of fun for 100$ but I wont me happy. So I will wish that mass effect 2 was being made last year and will be released this year, but I know it wont happen :(

Yeah this iz sort of my 'tude as well.

I haven't played Mass Effect yet tho so I don't 'feel' that part but I will get around to playing it someday so I will be ready for ME 2!!

neok182
02-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Most Anticipated of the Year:

Bioshock 2
Borderlands
Bionic Commando
Infamous
Prototype
Mass Effect 2 (assuming it is this year)
GTA4 Episode 2
CODMW2

and those are just the ones i can think about off the top of my head

Halo wars is a very anticipated game, but only for halo fans. most true RTS fans could care less (mainly because they're all PC gamers)

General Khazard
02-22-2009, 04:46 PM
i was looking forward to halo wars put after playing the demo i realised how bad it was, cancelled pre order and saved 40, halo wars looks awful, im looking forward to COD:MW2 and dead rising 2 whenever that comes out

While I respect your opinion, I am curious as to what turned you off from Halo Wars? What about it made it "awful", and what made it SO bad that you felt the need to come to the Halo Wars forum just to tell us it is so terrible?

Unless of course you fall into the category of ignorant flamer (which is reasonable, as 98% of users on the internet seems to belong to that group) in which case I, and many others, will completely disregard your post.

SC Defective
02-22-2009, 09:20 PM
the biggest turnoff from halo wars, even though I am getting it is how dumbed down of an rts it is.

General Khazard
02-22-2009, 09:37 PM
the biggest turnoff from halo wars, even though I am getting it is how dumbed down of an rts it is.

That's a very valid point, but considering it's the first console RTS that doesn't completely blow, I'm ok with that.

neok182
02-22-2009, 09:46 PM
is because of how dumbed down it is that it works. A complicated RTS like Red Alert 3, Command and Conquer 3, Battle For Middle Earth all sucked on the 360 because they were too damn hard to play.

This game is a perfect start for a console RTS. And it's halo. we saw a grand total of what? 6-7 different vehicles in all 3 games? and only 3 human types and 6 covanant types. so it basically fits everything in.

ddpacker
02-23-2009, 02:28 AM
Idiot... Idiot... Idiot... IDIOT!!!

A) 2009 just started
B) This game was only influenced mainstream late 2008
C) Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil 5, Mass Effect 2, Halo 3 ODST... Shut your mouth

You sir deserve to be called an idiot for thinking that you wouldn't be flamed for asking that...

ddpacker
02-23-2009, 02:30 AM
Bioshock 2
Borderlands <Idiot
Bionic Commando <Idiot
Infamous <Idiot
Prototype <Idiot
GTA4 Episode 2
CODMW2 <Idiot

Congratulations, you have earned 5/8 idiot awards, wanna try for 10?

Darth Grif55
02-23-2009, 03:26 AM
Nah. I think COD: MW2, Halo: ODST, Bioshock 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, RE5, SF4 & a couple others are more anticipated.

Alyssaphanboi
02-23-2009, 04:15 AM

A) 2009 just started
C) Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil 5, Mass Effect 2, Halo 3 ODST... Shut your mouth

You sir deserve to be called an idiot for thinking that you wouldn't be flamed for asking that...

Uh yeah since the year just started this is actually the BEST TIME to ask a question about most anticipated game of the year.

What should I ask that question at the end of year??? :confused: Would U prefer november or december???

Ok what does "This game was only influenced mainstream late 2008" mean? :confused: U need to work on UR syntax son (PS I was in top percentile in English in my state :p ).

Also maybe U didn't notice that this is an Xbox 360 forum... Halo stuff is very popular and there are alot of Halo fans in the world and also Halo 3 was highly anticipated so it is actually a reasonable question.

General Khazard
02-23-2009, 04:29 AM

A) 2009 just started

First off, the only one here who I see being an idiot, is you sir. Now, as for your, *ahem* arguments...

A) exactly. Most *ANTICIPATED* means games we're most looking forward to, so the beginning of the year is actually the only time you CAN ask that question, since you can't ANTICIPATE a game after it arrives.
B) That has nothing to do with how much it is anticipated. Regardless of the "mainstreaming" of the game, there are many people (myself included) that have been watching this game and waiting for it for a loooong time.
C) Even though it's entirely opinion as to what games are most anticipated (thus this section can't be considered an argument), I have to clear up a few things here. First, Mass Effect 2 isn't coming out this year. The teaser trailer was just released, so that means we have a long time yet before the game is finished. I mean, name me one *GOOD* game that the teaser trailer came out the same year as the game itself.... Exactly. Secondly, ODST is an EXPANSION to an existing game, not a game in and of itself, therefore you cannot fairly compare it to standalone games.

So, you sir deserve to be called an idiot for flaming someone who asked a perfectly valid question and then showing you lack the comprehension to even come up with a logical argument to justify said flaming.

Bioshock 2
Borderlands <Idiot
Bionic Commando <Idiot
Infamous <Idiot
Prototype <Idiot
GTA4 Episode 2
CODMW2 <Idiot

Congratulations, you have earned 5/8 idiot awards, wanna try for 10?

Considering it's entirely a matter of opinion what games you are looking forward to, calling anybody an idiot for their tastes and interests is not only ignorant and rude, but shows you to be the true idiot. So, in essence, you just awarded yourself a full, 100% idiot award. Congratulations.

Furthermore, most (if not all) of those games definitely have the potential to be excellent games, even if they aren't the kind that YOU enjoy.

Come on back for another round once you're done licking your wounds.

ThChronicSmoker
02-23-2009, 12:09 PM

I agree too dude. I think ODST will be pure wank stains and judging on the demo, Halo wars will be a massive over-hype, a la Gears 2. Just my opinion that is.

Bubba Brad
02-23-2009, 02:38 PM
First off, the only one here who I see being an idiot, is you sir. Now, as for your, *ahem* arguments...

A) exactly. Most *ANTICIPATED* means games we're most looking forward to, so the beginning of the year is actually the only time you CAN ask that question, since you can't ANTICIPATE a game after it arrives.
B) That has nothing to do with how much it is anticipated. Regardless of the "mainstreaming" of the game, there are many people (myself included) that have been watching this game and waiting for it for a loooong time.
C) Even though it's entirely opinion as to what games are most anticipated (thus this section can't be considered an argument), I have to clear up a few things here. First, Mass Effect 2 isn't coming out this year. The teaser trailer was just released, so that means we have a long time yet before the game is finished. I mean, name me one *GOOD* game that the teaser trailer came out the same year as the game itself.... Exactly. Secondly, ODST is an EXPANSION to an existing game, not a game in and of itself, therefore you cannot fairly compare it to standalone games.

So, you sir deserve to be called an idiot for flaming someone who asked a perfectly valid question and then showing you lack the comprehension to even come up with a logical argument to justify said flaming.

Considering it's entirely a matter of opinion what games you are looking forward to, calling anybody an idiot for their tastes and interests is not only ignorant and rude, but shows you to be the true idiot. So, in essence, you just awarded yourself a full, 100% idiot award. Congratulations.

Furthermore, most (if not all) of those games definitely have the potential to be excellent games, even if they aren't the kind that YOU enjoy.

One man PWn!!!

Nice Khazard lol, was about to say something similar when I read it.

neok182
02-23-2009, 03:30 PM

thanks for the backup. nice pwnage.

I will admit i did forget street fighter and RE5 though lol. just not game i play so me forgot.

General Khazard
02-23-2009, 04:04 PM
I saw his ignorant posting on several topics in this forum, and I had enough. He brought it upon himself. Now, back on topic, This is definitely one of my most anticipated games this year, but I can't really say which game I want most.

neok182
02-23-2009, 04:20 PM
we can say it's the most anticipated console RTS of the year lol.

Alyssaphanboi
02-23-2009, 04:26 PM
we can say it's the most anticipated console RTS of the year lol.

Are there even any other console RTSs coming out this year? :confused:

(there have been a few in last 2 years tho...)

smallskillzu
02-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Im liking

Halo Wars
Bioshock 2
CODWAW2
Lost Planet 2
Fallout DLC
Left 4 Dead DLC

neok182
02-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Are there even any other console RTSs coming out this year? :confused:

(there have been a few in last 2 years tho...)

um......

hate to say it but yea none that i can think of lol.

Outside of Halo Wars, i know Red Alert 3 Uprising is coming out which is a PC only downloadable expansion. World in conflict soviet assault is coming out, but again an expansion.

Starcraft 2 is just going into beta this year. so actually halo wars might just be the only full RTS game this year.

Crazy Best
02-23-2009, 06:23 PM
The game is not my most anticipated game of the year. For me now, that SFIV is out, it must be either BioShock 2 or Bayonetta. But really I cannot pick just one. Halo Wars is up there though.

ZundayXx
02-23-2009, 06:31 PM
This is full of Stupid and Ignorance. This is somewhat the same the same as asking all your friends on new years eve what games theyre buying this year, then they answer and you get pissed at them for choosing the wrong games...

General Khazard
02-23-2009, 09:36 PM
This is full of Stupid and Ignorance. This is somewhat the same the same as asking all your friends on new years eve what games theyre buying this year, then they answer and you get pissed at them for choosing the wrong games...

Actually, with the exception of dd, most of us here respect one another's opinions and are simply discussing what games are coming out that we're excited about.

ZundayXx
02-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Actually, with the exception of dd, most of us here respect one another's opinions and are simply discussing what games are coming out that we're excited about.
Some are, yes. But some need Re-Parenting by new Parents.

General Khazard
02-24-2009, 02:27 AM
Some are, yes. But some need Re-Parenting by new Parents.

That's true for a large portion of the population, actually, but what can you do?

Darth Grif55
02-24-2009, 04:20 AM
I agree too dude. I think ODST will be pure wank stains and judging on the demo, Halo wars will be a massive over-hype, a la Gears 2. Just my opinion that is.
If you don't Halo why don't you just go back to the COD threads?

Trolls, why'd it have to be trolls?

General Khazard
02-24-2009, 04:56 AM
If you don't Halo why don't you just go back to the COD threads?

Trolls, why'd it have to be trolls?

I was trying to just ignore them in hopes they would go away due to lack of attention, but I seriously don't understand why people insist on going to forums for games they aren't open to and posting ignorantly and rudely...

Alyssaphanboi
02-25-2009, 04:20 AM

Uh?? As the thread starter I haven't gotten "pissed" at all and the closest I have come to that iz saying I think ODST lookz lame which is hardly a controversial opinion. Thinking something iz lame and being "pissed" iz 2 compelelty different emotions.

The Clutch Hand
02-25-2009, 04:26 AM
I don't know about the most anticipated game of the year. I think people will just buy it for the simple fact it says HALO on it. In my opinon gamers will get weary of it unless they enjoy that genre based type of game.

My upcoming games im looking forward for is Mass Effect2, Tekken6, Resident 5, Batman........

Hai Long
02-25-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm highly anticipating Halo Wars as one of my top games and I cant wait for it to come out. Its good to know that I'm not the only one anticipating Halo Wars

Dan Rycroft
02-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Any cod's that come out... Bioshock 2 and Definately Assassins creed 2

devlin
02-25-2009, 09:58 PM
It isn't, by a long shot haha.