PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on revolution

thieflordgamer
02-13-2006, 03:31 AM
ive loved nintendo my whole life, got a n64 at 3, got my gamecube on launch day, got a nintendo ds... i c what nintendos talkin about with this whole new idea theyre goin for. the nintendo ds really created a great new way to play games and attracted different types of gamers to the market. personally, i think the revolution is a great idea, but it needs to have a good launch. also, i think itll either be really good or really suck- if the motion sensors dont work well, the whole systems down the drain. i hate ppl who say "i dont wanna swing my arms around just to play a game!" becuz u can just simply move ur wrist slightly. thats the beauty and simplicity of it, is that it has so few buttons. i tried teaching my dad CoD2, and he just doesnt get it- he cant control two sticks at once. i think he'll find the revolution simpler to use. also, i hope nintendo creates a good alternate controller to be used with 3rd party games (i really couldnt c games like splinter cell being played with the "remote" revolution controller).

scoobydiesel
02-13-2006, 04:06 AM
i think its great i will be buying one at luanch, i really hope the remote works right.

I think the right idea would be if they sold othe rparts of the controlers(say the Gamecube pad) with sertan games, ie with a star wars game you get a lightsaber hook up.

or with a FPS a gun hook up.

of course you could sue the standard they give you.

plus the gamecube controler should come with it(if youv seen the pics im talking about then it doesnt sound as retarded)

but i think with 8 or so titles at lunach, one being Mario and another Zelda or metroid they will do great.

plus the Downloadable thing is a great idea

thieflordgamer
02-13-2006, 04:41 AM
ya, they could even have an online rental service, just dl it straight to ur revolution and the file terminates in a week or so. but, i guess hackers would figure out a way to keep it from destroying itself and theyd get free games and thatd b the end of it.

DarkLif3
02-13-2006, 05:12 AM
Huge fan of Nintendo. Love all of their consoles and handhelds. I'll be picking up the Revolution for it's 1st party games and for the downloadable old school games. Hopefully 3rd party developers will give the Revolution a chance and make some great games for it. I can't wait to see what Nintendo has in store for their fans and gamers alike.

scoobydiesel
02-13-2006, 06:00 AM
i dont know about rentals i think that could turn people away really.

But for 3rd dev i hope the remote doesnt scare them off, id like to see how a Madden game would be on there....theyd mostly make you play it with a normal conrtoler at first

Krazie
02-13-2006, 06:05 AM
Can't wait for the Rev, its been my most anticipated of the three systems, im hoping this will make everyone forget about the Gamecube (although it had a few bright moments, all in all, you gotta agree that it was a failure)

DarkLif3
02-13-2006, 07:58 AM
In no way at all would I ever consider the Gamecube a failure. A failure when it comes to games? Hardly. A failure when it comes to numbers? Sure, ok I'll give you that. The Gamecube, much like the Nintendo 64 is home to some of the most awesome games. I guess that the NES generation grew up and decided that Mario and the like are for kids these days. However, I'm a GAMER and don't care about what a game is rated or what the graphics look like in a game. Cartoonish or kidish, bring it on. To this day I still play my Gamecube whether it be by myself, with a buddy or my girlfriend. I hope Nintendo keeps doing what they're doing. Even if the Revolution sells just like the Gamecube I hope that they make a new console again and again. Everyone knows they have the money especially with their sells from the handheld market.

Krazie
02-13-2006, 08:11 AM
I love the Gamecube, Nintendo has always and will always be my first choice when it comes to a system just for their solid lineup of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc...

But cmon man, dont be blind, Gamecube's bright spots were few and far between as opposed to all of its predecessors, what were the great games on the Cube? Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Super Smash Bros Melee, RE 4 (which went to PS2 anyway).. Mario Sunshine and Paper Mario were ALRIGHT but far from a Mario game that I would want to define a Nintendo system..

Emerson
02-13-2006, 02:16 PM
In no way at all would I ever consider the Gamecube a failure. A failure when it comes to games? Hardly. A failure when it comes to numbers? Sure, ok I'll give you that. The Gamecube, much like the Nintendo 64 is home to some of the most awesome games. I guess that the NES generation grew up and decided that Mario and the like are for kids these days. However, I'm a GAMER and don't care about what a game is rated or what the graphics look like in a game. Cartoonish or kidish, bring it on. To this day I still play my Gamecube whether it be by myself, with a buddy or my girlfriend. I hope Nintendo keeps doing what they're doing. Even if the Revolution sells just like the Gamecube I hope that they make a new console again and again. Everyone knows they have the money especially with their sells from the handheld market.

AMEN. This is the point I try to get across to some of the "gamers" at school who rag on me for having a DS instead of a PSP. A real gamer doesn't care what the game looks like, he gives it a shot. Hell, I'm 16, and I'm still playing Animal Crossing.

DarkLif3
02-13-2006, 05:36 PM
I love the Gamecube, Nintendo has always and will always be my first choice when it comes to a system just for their solid lineup of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc...

But cmon man, dont be blind, Gamecube's bright spots were few and far between as opposed to all of its predecessors, what were the great games on the Cube?  Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Super Smash Bros Melee, RE 4 (which went to PS2 anyway).. Mario Sunshine and Paper Mario were ALRIGHT but far from a Mario game that I would want to define a Nintendo system..

Blind? The bright spots as you say would be in the eyes of the owner would they not? The games you named are just some of the many games I own for Gamecube. The thing is the games that I do own for the Gamecube have lasted me so long. I have a load of games for Gamecube and still to this day I play Smash Bros which was one of the first games to be released.

RazorJones
02-13-2006, 07:24 PM
ive loved nintendo my whole life, got a n64 at 3, got my gamecube on launch day, got a nintendo ds... i c what nintendos talkin about with this whole new idea theyre goin for. the nintendo ds really created a great new way to play games and attracted different types of gamers to the market. personally, i think the revolution is a great idea, but it needs to have a good launch. also, i think itll either be really good or really suck- if the motion sensors dont work well, the whole systems down the drain. i hate ppl who say "i dont wanna swing my arms around just to play a game!" becuz u can just simply move ur wrist slightly. thats the beauty and simplicity of it, is that it has so few buttons. i tried teaching my dad CoD2, and he just doesnt get it- he cant control two sticks at once. i think he'll find the revolution simpler to use. also, i hope nintendo creates a good alternate controller to be used with 3rd party games (i really couldnt c games like splinter cell being played with the "remote" revolution controller).

As much as I hate disagreeing with you, Nintendo is going down hill, and fast, in my opinion. The DS sounds like a nice concept in theory, but it is more expensive to make than a handheld with only one LCD Screen, and most of the games just use the dual screens as a gimmick, or hardly use both at all. And as far as the Revolution goes, I'll believe it when I see it. In addition, it has been mentioned that the origional Gamecube controller can be used with the Revolution, seeing as the Revolution is supposed to be backwards compatible.

Emerson
02-13-2006, 08:50 PM
RazorJones, if you're referring to the PSP with the "one screen" comparison, you are completely wrong. The PSP costs almost twice as much as the DS.

thieflordgamer
02-13-2006, 10:48 PM
yes, i think razorjones is completely wrong. some games do use it as a gimmick, but there are far more that use it to make a great gaming experience. the ds was a great idea, and i think evry gamer like me agrees- nintendo is far from goin downhill.

Weapon 117
02-13-2006, 11:49 PM
What I really like about the Revolution is a) The controller - would love to see what it would be like with action and sports games, and b) the ability to download a lot of great games from old nintendo systems.

JunK!e
02-14-2006, 12:02 AM
Im am not buying the Nintendo Revoultion because:
A) That joystick(s) looks rediculous and I can not imagine holding it, it's like trying to masturbate with your other hand... try it you'll see.
B) The dowloading NES games would be nice but I would only download 3 games; Final Fantasy 1, 2, and 3... which I already own for Gameboy Colour.
C) The games!! Name one promising title besides Zelda, Metroid, and another attempt at recreating Super Mario 64, if you show me a great release game and prospecting titles in the future, I might THINK about it.

scoobydiesel
02-14-2006, 02:20 AM
i dont think iv ever been mad at nintendo i love them sooo much, its just not what everyone wants, they suck when it comes to third party thats basicly it(plus onlien stuff btu sony suck there too)

DarkLif3
02-14-2006, 03:03 AM
I don't buy Nintendo consoles for 3rd party games. It's just an added benefit when a 3rd party game is good though.

thieflordgamer
02-14-2006, 03:05 AM
ya, but now theyve interested so many 3rd party developers with the revolution...- even the creator of halo said hes interested in developing for it! cant wait....

DarkLif3
02-14-2006, 04:13 AM
Good news indeed.

graf1k
02-14-2006, 04:25 AM
The back catalog feature is awesome, but I want to see how they implement it. I'll get a Revolution at some point, but I want to see the launch games before I put any money down on it. If the best game out for it at launch is a Gamecube game (Twilight Princess), I can wait. Just like PS3, which I don't plan to buy at launch unless MGS4 is a launch title.

Krazie
02-14-2006, 07:58 AM
A) That joystick(s) looks rediculous and I can not imagine holding it,  it's like trying to masturbate with your other hand... try it you'll see.
B) The dowloading NES games would be nice but I would only download 3 games; Final Fantasy 1, 2, and 3... which I already own for Gameboy Colour.
C) The games!! Name one promising title besides Zelda, Metroid, and another attempt at recreating Super Mario 64, if you show me a great release game and prospecting titles in the future, I might THINK about it.

Somebody's a hater ::)

RoughOutline
02-14-2006, 01:50 PM
I really like the idea of the Revolution. We need something that's different - and that's what the Revolution will (hopefully) provide. There is so much potential for the games, and I really hope its third-party support becomes really strong, and they create games just as well as Nintendo. But inevitably, most casual gamers will just pass it by and will stick with their PS3s.

Retsep
02-14-2006, 03:52 PM
This will probably be Nintendo's last console (which is sad). They had everything going for them on the N64 (which was vastly superior to the PS1). Then came Game Cube and somehow Nintendo lost their magic. They systematically ruined every great franchise they spent a decade to build (Zelda, Star Fox, Mario, etc). Their problem is that they believe they have to be super innovative with everything and they end up ruining things that were working well. Some innovation is fantastic, but sometimes I just want better graphics, more balanced game play, and a few extras that are in line with the main game (Halo 2). If Halo 3 is an RPG it would certainly be innovative, but it would suck...just like Star Fox as a Zelda game was ridiculous.

I think this round of console wars will belong to Microsoft, but we'll have to see what the PS3 can do.

One last thing, the gyroscope controller is very cool...as an extra item for a few games, NOT as the main controller. I think Microsoft and Sony will be able to copy this idea for a few games if it is decent.

DarkLif3
02-14-2006, 06:14 PM
This will probably be Nintendo's last console (which is sad). They had everything going for them on the N64 (which was vastly superior to the PS1). Then came Game Cube and somehow Nintendo lost their magic. They systematically ruined every great franchise they spent a decade to build (Zelda, Star Fox, Mario, etc). Their problem is that they believe they have to be super innovative with everything and they end up ruining things that were working well. Some innovation is fantastic, but sometimes I just want better graphics, more balanced game play, and a few extras that are in line with the main game (Halo 2). If Halo 3 is an RPG it would certainly be innovative, but it would suck...just like Star Fox as a Zelda game was ridiculous.

I seriously doubt that this will be Nintendo's last console. I don't see that happening.

Ruining the franchise of Zelda, Mario and Star Fox is also your opinion. In my my opinion all of the listed games were great. It's not like they tricked people with the Star Fox game. It was said that it would be an adventure game. Sure, it was another adventure game at one time and they decided to through in Star Fox characters but I thought it was a pretty good game and very enjoyable fighting as Fox. Same could be said about Wind Waker. Just becuase the graphics were different doesn't mean it wasn't a Zelda game. If anyone gave it a chance (which TONS of people did) they would see that it was infact a Zelda game. Lastly, Mario Sunshine was a great game. To me it was Mario 64 with a water pack.  ;D

I love Nintendo when it comes to their innovation. They don't believe they have to be innovative but they do it I think so every thing isn't like well.. every thing else. That's great that people want Halo 34 which is like Halo 33 which in turn is just Halo 2 with newer guns and better graphics. Really it is great. I like my games like that as well. But also I want to see something  new in my lifetime.

JunK!e
02-14-2006, 09:13 PM
A) That joystick(s) looks rediculous and I can not imagine holding it, it's like trying to masturbate with your other hand... try it you'll see.

Somebody's a hater ::)

Hater...not that extreme. Pokemon was awesome, Zelda Windwaker was awesome, and the first couple of Mario Partys were fantastic, they just need to find a different game...

thieflordgamer
02-15-2006, 01:37 AM
this is y i kinda stay away from sony- they dont do nything new. im not completely sure about this, but i think their controllers basically the same as the ps2s, and they do bullcrap for online play (not that nintendo rules this area either) microsofts big thing rite now is xbox live, and its workin great. i just hope the ps3 is worth buying.... we'll c evrythin at e3.

Finjitzu
02-16-2006, 12:01 AM
If Halo 3 is an RPG it would certainly be innovative, but it would suck...just like Star Fox as a Zelda game was ridiculous.

Even the Star Fox shooter game was lame for the gamecube. Shooting on foot?

But I'll also be getting a Revolution. But I will also have a PS3 and Xbox 360. Which one will I play more?

This last generation I played my Xbox the most, the biggest reason for that is Halo, Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden, KOTOR, and Xbox Live.

Then I played my Gamecube the 2nd most and PS2 the last. I really like PS2 when MGS2 was released but everything after that was kinda lame, except for GTA.

cotteneyekeith
02-16-2006, 12:34 AM
it lok cool and its small coughts xbox360 looks like a truck next to it

i cant wiat to get hold of it has im a true zelda fan and age 31 thats saying something

not to sure on the control system looks dodge

http://www.nintendo.com/revolution

EcT Felix
10-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Revolution hehh