PDA

View Full Version : Aaaand one of my mics is broken..

DMess91
02-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Dammit! A friend of mine came over this week, and we planned a gaming night. So we took my xbox and put it in my room upstairs (so my parents weren't disturbed and could keep watching on our gigantic HDTV :p) and of course, any controllers and such had to be taken upstairs too. So this friend of mine grabs 2 controllers and 2 mics, and drops one of them. At first I thought no harm was done, but when we were in a singing mood later that night I tried to turn it on. After that, the (white) mic only flashed pink for one time and then went dead. If i tried it again, it wouldn't do anything unless I pulled out a battery and put it in again. Then it would flash one more time and go dead afterwards.

Man, this sucks! Now I've gotta buy Lips again, just for 1 mic :(

Mycatisbigfoot
02-21-2009, 03:02 AM
buy the game open the box put the pink mic or what ever in the box and bring it back and say i never worked out of the box. We did that with a dvd player when it was like 3 years old and it still was being sold it works most of the time

Pucca Princess
02-21-2009, 07:44 AM
buy the game open the box put the pink mic or what ever in the box and bring it back and say i never worked out of the box. We did that with a dvd player when it was like 3 years old and it still was being sold it works most of the time

I hate it when people post advice like this :( Ripping companies off when their goods were fine in the first place...happens at my work, it's dishonest :mad: You can do this if you want though, I just disapprove of it :p

Did you try new batteries? I get the pink light when my battery died, flashes once and that's it. Same on other mic, but different colour (think it was green?).

You can buy some as single or a set of mics off eBay...but it can cost up to 20 (some are auctions, so you may get a cheap price).

DMess91
02-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Yeah I'm not really into ripping people off, so I won't do that. Can't stand the idea that somewhere out there, some person would happily open their copy of Lips, expect to be singing with a good friend in a few minutes only to find that the mic is broken. :p

Anyway, eBay isn't the perfect option for me because I live in the Netherlands, and most people only ship in the US. But we do have our own second-hand auction site (translated Marketplace ;)) where there are a few people who sell their copy of Lips with mics. At around 30 euro's, I can live with that.

Mycatisbigfoot
02-21-2009, 05:10 PM
well ok just stuf is bult cheap and is old like 50 bucks the companys arnt going to care just to tell you they have billions of $$$ and Pounds ect they dont care

PiaMaria79
03-07-2009, 10:07 PM
I would contact my local Xbox support, if you can send a controller to be fixed, why not a mic? :)

At least it doesn't hurt to call them and ask, right?

Here's the contact info for Netherlands: http://www.xbox.com/nl-NL/support/contact/.