PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to kill monster zombie boss during story mood.

Night Everclear
02-21-2009, 07:03 AM
Rawr. I read where people were having trouble with the game. I don't know if people even play this game anymore, but I just got it and beat the Instincts part. I found a kind of glitch for killing the big monsters that are the boss for two levels.

I only had to fight the first one, which really wasn't that tough, but fighting two at the same time on the hardest difficulty wasn't something I was looking forward to.

So here is what I found:

When you get to the end of Dead Marches you will come to a truck that will have to climb on and a large storage container that makes up part of the 'arena'. Once you drop down into this area the big monster will come out and start attacking you. Not very long after that yet another one comes out.

First you need unlimited ammo. There is a cheat for it on this site:

You're probably using it already if you are reading this, but use it if you aren't. It doesn't effect the achievements as stated on this site as well.

Now, do NOT jump onto the truck and container yet. Instead go to the right of the truck and crawl underneath it. You should see a part underneath it that makes it look like you can crawl into the area instead of jumping over it.

The game will not let you crawl through this opening. But it will activate the two very large monsters to come out into the area. Now all you have to do is jump on the truck and get close to the edge over looking the place.

The monsters will come right up to the container you will be standing on, but they can't get you. So you can just shoot them both until they die and they will try to hit you, but they can't. It took me like 60-70 shots with the sniper rifle to kill each one. When I killed the first one the other one just stood there looking at me while I shot him in the head.

That will take those two out easily enough. There is another big monster that you will see a little while before you have to actually fight him.

I can't remember where exactly you fight this one at, but I know it is in the woods with a fence and some screaming exploding zombies. You should be able to hear this one before you actually see him.

I got lucky the first time and saw him through the fence. You are able to shot him through the fence and he won't even move. He will stand there like the big blob he is and die on the end of your bullets. Then all you have to do is walk the rest of the way down the fence to get to where the deformed monster zombie boss is or was or will be, dead. If you find where I'm talking about. It shouldn't be too hard.

I hope this helps anyone that was having trouble with those monsters. My friend was and he was able to do it all so much easier.

americansychos
07-01-2010, 04:11 AM
that was a great tip for the double big boys

Rafdog89
02-06-2012, 03:45 AM
Confirming that this works and helps very much. It isn't very hard to beat them at the same time, as you can just run around them. There's a long stretch of road when taking on the two at one time, so you can manage to run around them and kill 'em. But this trick works out better. I shot at each ones face with 2 P90's and it took about a minute to kill the first one. The second one on the other hand took quite a bit longer for some odd reason. But still, this helps out quite well.

As for the one you run into earlier, you kind of have to lure it into an area on the other side of the fence. Then you quickly run around and let him come at you, but he cant due to the fence being in the way. At that point, you just start pumping it full of led until it dies. Just be careful of the exploding mutants afterwards.

Edit: Also, if you're really gutsy, you can just use your feral attacks on them. It should take about 13 straight hits from your feral attacks to bring one down. There's a moment where they'll jump at you and attack, and you just have to quickly dodge and proceed to feral attack. Same tactic with Crowe in the end, as he does a feral attack of his own and if you dodge it (which is easy) he'll be wide open for a feral attack. Keep in mind, though, that it's a high-risk, high-reward tactic.

~ Rafdog89

matdan1212
03-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Sort of general knowledge for me although the two groups of monsters can't enter the ammo shed either.

Rafdog89
03-07-2012, 01:43 AM
Sort of general knowledge for me although the two groups of monsters can't enter the ammo shed either.
Yeah, that works too, but the problem with that is they turn around the corner by the gate and hide. Once it hides, a couple of those zombie mutant guys come out.

Using this method is much easier.

~ Rafdog89