PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Points

Uranium Deposit
02-22-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm currently trying to fill my collectors album, at 46% today, and its slow going. Was wondering what methods you guys use for getting maximum points from your games. I've filled AEK Athens starting XI with horrible created players, moved them all to the wings so that the center of the pitch is pretty much vacant and have the computer play as Chelsea on world class two minute halves away. However it seems that most games I'm only getting 250-300 points with the computer scoring 1 or 2 goals, whereas when I play against them on world class I can easily get 400+ points every game. Hoping maybe you guys would have some better strategies.

omma2289
02-22-2009, 04:01 AM
If you want to get the most credits, you should play the matches instead of using the computer, I play 4 min. halves, use my ultimate team and play as the away team and get 1,100-1,600 credits per match

Uranium Deposit
02-22-2009, 05:51 AM
If you want to get the most credits, you should play the matches instead of using the computer, I play 4 min. halves, use my ultimate team and play as the away team and get 1,100-1,600 credits per match

Ya I know I'd get more by actually playing, but after having experienced FIFA 09 I just don't like it that much.

EOU Findub
02-22-2009, 06:00 AM
Ya I know I'd get more by actually playing, but after having experienced FIFA 09 I just don't like it that much.

That's pretty much the only option you have at this point...if you want more credits that is. World Class difficulty, 4 minute have should net you 900-1800 credits per match. That's pretty dang good.

GLOCKGLOCK
02-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Do these credit boosting games played at World Class count towards the MotM acheivements or do only games played at Semi-Pro count?

davjamdan
02-23-2009, 06:56 PM
only games at semi-pro count, its a pain doing them, worst achievements

GLOCKGLOCK
02-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Ugh, I had a feeling that was how it was set up. At least I can use the edited team to max out the points I get while working towards the MotM achievements at Semi Pro.

EOU Findub
02-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Also, it would be worth mentioning that the games played in the Ultimate Team mode also do not count towards the MoTM achievements.

phizpop
03-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Just wanted add that it's still possible to finish this game so don't give up.

I started in August 2008 and finished in November 2008. Although I had bought the game on release day the game had got left on the shelf. Once I had started, the card collecting became intensely frustrating and strangely rewarding at the same time! I used to love collecting football cards as a kid and as a greying forty-several year old got completely hooked on it again in this game.

I went for the bronze packs first until new cards dried up. Then I went for silver packs and trading for badges. Then I traded for players and kits. Someone posted an Everton away kit very early on which I picked up.:)
Towards the end, with a couple of hundred cards to go, I started collecting the gold balls and buying gold packs. With about 10 cards left, I picked up a couple a week (checking trades several times a day). The last 3 or 4 players I found in card packs, and was left with 3 or 4 away kits. The last card was the Sevilla away kit which I unearthed in a gold pack!

I sold all my spare cards for cheap and if you picked up a gold ball for 200 credits in November, that was from me!

I found the challenges really hard, my fingers just aren't as fast as they used to be! The hardest for me iirc was the one where you had to to come back from 3 down? I finished these before the album, so the last card gave me the 1000!!

I did look in this forum several times for tips as a guest, as I hadn't registered back then (which I've now just done). So thanks to EOU Findub, Richiee, and several others who bothered to post their thoughts.

I think i'll have a go at the new FIFA 09 DLC card thingy when it comes out, although I vowed never again! So maybe, Ill see you there!

EOU Findub
03-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Just wanted add that it's still possible to finish this game so don't give up.

I started in August 2008 and finished in November 2008. Although I had bought the game on release day the game had got left on the shelf. Once I had started, the card collecting became intensely frustrating and strangely rewarding at the same time! I used to love collecting football cards as a kid and as a greying forty-several year old got completely hooked on it again in this game.

I went for the bronze packs first until new cards dried up. Then I went for silver packs and trading for badges. Then I traded for players and kits. Someone posted an Everton away kit very early on which I picked up.:)
Towards the end, with a couple of hundred cards to go, I started collecting the gold balls and buying gold packs. With about 10 cards left, I picked up a couple a week (checking trades several times a day). The last 3 or 4 players I found in card packs, and was left with 3 or 4 away kits. The last card was the Sevilla away kit which I unearthed in a gold pack!

I sold all my spare cards for cheap and if you picked up a gold ball for 200 credits in November, that was from me!

I found the challenges really hard, my fingers just aren't as fast as they used to be! The hardest for me iirc was the one where you had to to come back from 3 down? I finished these before the album, so the last card gave me the 1000!!

I did look in this forum several times for tips as a guest, as I hadn't registered back then (which I've now just done). So thanks to EOU Findub, Richiee, and several others who bothered to post their thoughts.

I think i'll have a go at the new FIFA 09 DLC card thingy when it comes out, although I vowed never again! So maybe, Ill see you there!

Good to hear! That challenge, Monaco vs. Porto is the one you are talking about. It just about broke my controller I tried it so many times! It is so incredibly satisfying to complete the album after so many hours of playing games to get credits, searching the servers for those extra cards and buying hundreds of packs only to come up empty was strangely frustrating and satisfying all at once.

The only achievement I have left is the 50 Defender MoTM. It just pales in comparison so I am having a hard time completing it.

phizpop
03-11-2009, 12:46 PM
The only achievement I have left is the 50 Defender MoTM. It just pales in comparison so I am having a hard time completing it.

Ah yes, the MoTM ones were most vexing. I was never sure if the matches I was playing were counting or not.

I forgot to say earlier that, to get credits, I generally let the the CPU play itself, as usefully described in detail elsewhere. However, I opted for the longest matches so that it required the least input from me over time. Iirc, a 20 min halves game gave 3000+ credits. This requires a couple of button presses at half time and a good memory to interrupt the game before the final whistle (which i missed on numerous occasions!).

jadaou
03-19-2009, 04:33 AM
I can't wait to finish this album!

I do enjoy the card collecting though, I'll be getting it for FIFA 09 for sure. It will be more enjoyable with FIFA 09 because I think there will be more people online and more cards available. UEFA was great when it first came out, but trying to complete the album now is a nightmare. I wish I had focused more on it back in the day; but i'm getting there slowly but surely.

phizpop
03-19-2009, 02:48 PM
I can't wait to finish this album!

I do enjoy the card collecting though, I'll be getting it for FIFA 09 for sure. It will be more enjoyable with FIFA 09 because I think there will be more people online and more cards available. UEFA was great when it first came out, but trying to complete the album now is a nightmare. I wish I had focused more on it back in the day; but i'm getting there slowly but surely.
Am I missing something, because it seems to me that the FIFA 09 DLC has NO achievement for completing the album? I think there is one for completing a team, but who's going to bother collecting the rest?