PDA

View Full Version : Probably going to buy this

Ascii Aficionado
02-22-2009, 01:56 PM
For $20 on Newegg.com, free shipping and no tax depending on where you live.

I've read all of the reviews but I'm going to give it a chance. It's not like there's much of a choice for JRPG's on the 360 seeing as how I've already dominated Lost Odyssey and I haven't been in the mood to start Blue Dragon yet.

Anyways, without spoilers give me your final/closing comments about the game if you've completed it.

Ascii Aficionado
02-23-2009, 03:10 AM
I've been playing RPGs since Dragon Warrior first came out in America in what... 1987? Anyways...

I've been gaming as long also, but when I was younger I didn't have the patience/attention span for jrpg's including Dragon Warrior which we had and my father for some reason bought it for himself, but FF7 changed all of that, not to mention I gained control of my hyperness *not even a word*, And my interests changed.

The general consensus I'm getting from people that bought it and completed EA is it's a worthless piece of shit and it's not worth the time, not even for $20.

I wish I was part of the small percentage of people that happens to like it but I doubt I will be.

It sounds like I should just grab Eternal Sonata instead,It's only $7 more and i've played a demo of it and I thought it was good. I originally planned on getting it after EA but plans have changed.

The problem with me is since I beat LO There aren't too many good JRPG's out there especially since Mistalkers next rpg "Cry On" has been canceled. I think Tales of Vesperia is a horrible game b/c I tried the demo, and I know I won't like The Last Remnant/Infinite Undiscovery, but since I haven't tried either there's still the possibility that I might like either one. There's also Star Ocean 4 which is coming out in a few weeks which i'm sure won't blow ass like most of the other JRPG's but I want some cheaper ones first. Obviously there's FF13 but I doubt the 360 release will happen this year.

Ascii Aficionado
02-23-2009, 03:16 AM
P.S. Thanks for the input, it's what I was looking for, intelligent comments from someone who's been playing JRPG's as long as I have, and those comments happen to agree with most other people's opinion.

Ascii Aficionado
02-23-2009, 02:24 PM
I wish I could part of the small percentage of people that happens to like it but I doubt I will be.

That should of read "I wish I was part". I was going to type it a different way but I didn't delete "could" when I changed my mind.

Yeah, I paid $20 for a used copy, and I regret it. The guy at the Gamestop even warned me first. Knowing then what I know now- it's not worth two cents. Utterly awful game.

The $20 thing is that only thing that's enticing me, it could still possibly be a last resort JRPG I think.

yeah. I dunno, I've found that most of the people who like EA either weren't hardcore RPGers, or were REALLY REALLY into jRPGs (the kind who watch anime all the time and haven't ever had a date with a real life girl).

I could happen to like it but it's highly unlikely, and I happen to watch anime all the time but I also like pussy and I do date.

I played ES recently. It was... it was OK, but I personally didn't feel it lived up to the hype. It's not awful- its a decent jRPG, great plot. But I feel like they just rushed the end. (If you have a ps3, I'd suggest getting it on there- there is more content, its like a directors cut version).

For $27 it seems like a good buy when I know for a fact that I don't hate it like I do the others, And we're both in the market for non $60 JRPG's.

yeah.. I'm only just starting LO, so I don't know much about it. Haven't played ToV, LR, or IU so I can't give you any input on that. I'm planning to get SO4, but not for awhile- when the price drops. As for FFXIII- last I heard it's currently scheduled for Q1 2010, but I'd not be surprised if it were delayed.

I paid $60 for it when I bought it with my console 7 months ago and it was worth every penny.For me LO is hands down the best JRPG experience since the days of FF7-10/Chrono Cross/Legend of Dragoon. It has a wonderful soundtrack created by Nobuo *FF7-10 and other games*. The game has an epic story, every aspect of the game is a masterpiece to me. If you have any questions about LO or need any help about any aspect of it then ask me, and look at all of my posts on the LO forums here on this site. I've also cracked the Prima eGuide PDF and removed the password and i've uploaded it online for anyone to use, and the community loves it b/c it's immensely better than following a text walkthrough. Also, if you plan on getting 1000/1000 or 1100/1100 then visiting the forums and downloading the guide is the best choice you can make.

gears of crabs
02-23-2009, 06:56 PM
its an ok game.i didnt finish it because i didnt feel like grinding forever to beat the last boss cuz she does insane damage. its kkinda fun in a way getting new monsters and leveling them up.you should be able to pick it up at gamestop now for either the same amount or less now.

d.palapuz
02-24-2009, 03:09 AM
You'll love this game's story mode!
Its the best features of this RPG game!
The online isn't that fun, but yeah!
Make sure you get Omega though...
Otherwise you won't enjoy the game that much..

owenpaige1
03-16-2009, 01:47 PM
I totally disagree with the thought of having any fun with this game it is probably the worst RPG ever made. I think that they almost tried to do a similar style as the Final fantasy series but failed miserably and it is just not fun enough to grind out to the finish. Don't waste your money

Mattyboi93
03-27-2009, 04:51 PM
haven't bought an RPG since FFX simply because i hate all the new battle systems where you have to run around. has this game got a battle system very similar to FFX?

Doc_Ezra
03-30-2009, 06:54 PM
As I'm currently trying to finish this one off and get rid of it, I just wanted to echo the "save your money" sentiment. EA's battle system is OK, though trivially easy to exploit to the point of making the game boring. The story is a pile of crap, and the characters are, to the last, so annoying I started skipping rapidly through any dialogue cutscenes at about the 4-hour mark. At this point the only reason I'm messing with it at all is to finish out the achievements (with any luck, I can manage in another 6-10 hours of play, tops).

Eternal Sonata I enjoyed, though the cutscenes in the first third can be mind-bendingly long and tedious. Also a more entertaining battle system (though it's essentially a real-time system as opposed to EA's turn-based play). If you're deciding between EA and ES, Eternal Sonata is definitely the better game.

zyxomma100
03-31-2009, 02:12 PM
This game is not very good. If you get it cheap ($20 is kind of borderline, and I'd wait longer), I can see how it might be worth it, but the characters were annoying, the story is boring, and the battle system is just okay.

The only other jRPG I've played this generation so far is Eternal Sonata. That was a fantastic game, and I'd recommend paying the extra money for it.

SkilledNutter
04-02-2009, 09:13 AM
I just bought it for 5, bargain. :drunk

Mattyboi93
04-03-2009, 10:18 AM
cheers for the input, probably getting Lost Odyssey for about 12.99 so should have some fun with that

Chud 360
04-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Lost Odyssey is definately worth 12.99!

I am going to play EA even if its bad because its an easy 1000. Plus my sister has it so i can just theif it off her and not have to pay for it. :)

Chud 360
04-06-2009, 07:51 PM
LO is worth the money.

As for EA... I would still say that even if its an "easy 1000", its still not worth it. Is a brief stint in a mental hospital for watching such a horrible plot worth it? and considering that there are much quicker 1000s out there.... (I had to check and see if you had Avatar or TMNT... surprisingly not...)

I didn't pay for it, so its not a problem. When i can get my hands on avatar, i will.

Im now 3 hours or so into EA and i can confirm it's utter garbage. Please dont spend money on it if you can help it. I would recommend Lost odysey, fable or Fallout

Rugger X
04-15-2009, 02:36 AM
I'm about 6 hours into enchanted arms, I actually like the game but I can understand why a lot of people don't. I rented it from game fly so it's not really costing me anything, I don't know if I would pay $20 for it. Especially with other RPGs out there like eternal sonata, lost odyssey, blue dragon etc.

Mattyboi93
05-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Hmmm at 14.67 i'll probably give this one a miss. However if more RPGs have a very similar battle system to Eternal Sonata, i take back what i said about not liking the new run around battle systems, because it was actually quite an enjoyable style. Seing as you had to think about the light and dark, etc.

Nuffzx
05-18-2009, 05:01 PM
I like Enchanted Arms, I guess it's not everyones game but still I like it.

whytebler000
05-23-2009, 07:38 PM
I am about 16 hours into this game. Is it the best game, no. But it isn't as bad as some people are saying. I've played 4 rpgs on the 360 that have action style battles. Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, and Star Ocean. This game is a bit refreshing in the fact it is different. The grid board and opposing elements add a bit of flavor to the battle.

Overall the game is a bit simplistic, in terms of equips and skills.

Most RPG stories nowadays are cliched beyond repair. Only so many times can a random kid have a secret power and save the world. The only thing that changes are names and places. I am using Japanese voices and have not heard the english yet. Again almost all RPGs have bad voice acting.

I have an edge card with gamestop, so I got it for $13.50. It's a good game to take a break from the more hardcore JRPGs out there.

If you want to try something different on the 360 then get this game. Don't go into it expecting a game like FF or you will be dissapointed.