PDA

View Full Version : Can you get Veteran after using lvl select?

kormac
11-17-2006, 04:59 PM
I started a new game on Veteran mode and when i got to third chapter i reselected that mission from the chapter select screen and picked veteran again of course. (normally i do these things ultra safe but i was tired and did this stupid act... now i'm worried it might all be for nothing!)

the problem is, does anyone know if you can still get veteran achievement if you continue on and finish the game? i just finished mission 6 and got the achievement for playing two british missions as i should... but this doesn't confirm that i definately get veteran. :confused:

HELP! :(

hell... maybe i will just have to finish it on normal mode. nnnOOOOOO!!! :( depressing when i finished veteran on cod2. THAT'S WHY DEVS SHOULD GIVE ACHIEVEMENTS FOR EACH MISSION LIKE IN COD2. that way if you get stuck in one part you can still show others the fact you completed 90% of the damn thing on the hardest mode. please any help on this matter would be greatly appreicated.

quiksilverx420x
11-17-2006, 05:53 PM
you get it for completing every level you can do this throught the select screen

kormac
11-17-2006, 06:35 PM
hey thanks for that :) it just confirmed something i found out from activisions excellent customer support web based service. i'll cut n paste the answer i got from the Rep on this matter so it's all offical. (my question was answered in about 3 minutes!!!! way to go activision!) hopefully the rep doesn't mind me leaving his name in the quote.

"Response (John Aguado) - 11/17/2006 09:42 AM
Greetings,
The only time achievements are blocked if you have or are using cheats in the current game. Your achievement should unlock just fine as long as you have never cheated before.

Customer - 11/17/2006 09:39 AM
can I still get Grizzled Veteran Achivement if I restart a chapter by using the Chapter Select screen? i've heard some people state they didn't recieve the achievement after using chapter select and wondered if i've made a mistake. (i started a new game on veteran, then on chapter 3 i restarted that chapter using chapter select, but made sure it was on veteran mode.) is this a rare bug, or standard procedure if you use chapter select mid way through the game? i'm on chapter 6 now, and would appreicate an answer as to whether i should continue playing or start a new game. thank you!"

i'm sure as time passes more people will be affected by this (nerve racking) situation. that's why i posted this cause it's offical, and should ease some fears. :D

Dav3o
11-19-2006, 02:26 PM
So my plan of just completeing the last level on vet wont give me the achievement:confused:

Dav3o
11-19-2006, 04:41 PM
nvm just did the last level on vet and it didnt give me the acevments guest ill be doign all the levels i realy cant be bothered with the effort i only wanna play ranked online

Zef
11-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Personally I preferred the old COD mission select thing, because it told you what difficulty you have completed a level on incase you missed one out.

If it does on this version it is cunningly well hidden.

Bunta
11-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Greetings,
The only time achievements are blocked if you have or are using cheats in the current game. Your achievement should unlock just fine as long as you have never cheated before."

Well it did'nt unlock for me when I used level select - maybe I missed a level.

head0r Inc
01-05-2007, 12:58 AM
Hi Guys...

i want to start with Vet mode tomorrow and i read the problems here Oo...

I wanted to play with the "chapter select" and i want to choose there the vet mode for each mission...Do i have to play the storyline or can i play chapter 1, then chapter 5, chapter 2 and so on?

I just beat the game on normal and can you please explain me, what i have to do, to get the vet achievement, because i'm a little bit afraid of not getting the achievement..

sixfootshark
06-10-2007, 06:15 PM
hey thanks for that :) it just confirmed something i found out from activisions excellent customer support web based service. i'll cut n paste the answer i got from the Rep on this matter so it's all offical. (my question was answered in about 3 minutes!!!! way to go activision!) hopefully the rep doesn't mind me leaving his name in the quote.

Greetings,
The only time achievements are blocked if you have or are using cheats in the current game. Your achievement should unlock just fine as long as you have never cheated before.

Customer - 11/17/2006 09:39 AM
can I still get Grizzled Veteran Achivement if I restart a chapter by using the Chapter Select screen? i've heard some people state they didn't recieve the achievement after using chapter select and wondered if i've made a mistake. (i started a new game on veteran, then on chapter 3 i restarted that chapter using chapter select, but made sure it was on veteran mode.) is this a rare bug, or standard procedure if you use chapter select mid way through the game? i'm on chapter 6 now, and would appreicate an answer as to whether i should continue playing or start a new game. thank you!"

i'm sure as time passes more people will be affected by this (nerve racking) situation. that's why i posted this cause it's offical, and should ease some fears. :D

I played the whole damn thing through again on Veteran - over a period of weeks. I'm 99.9% sure that I never used the level select and I still didn't get the damn achievement. I am p1ssed off - so I'm curious about your experience.

Soldier 4 I AM
02-11-2008, 11:38 AM
You cant use level select. You have to start a new campaign. When you shut off you Xbox make sure the you select continue to get the achievement.

tadpeters
03-05-2008, 02:11 PM
...Talk about contradiction. Is there an answer for this or no?

daninthemix
03-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Start a new game on Veteran. Just select 'continue' when resuming until you've finished. The achievement will pop after the final battle.

hellhound650
03-24-2008, 06:35 AM
I was about to do the same thing that you did, good thing I checked this thread out.

Mtld
07-30-2008, 08:57 PM
It seems mission select doesn't work with the veteran achievement, but does it work with "Won the War" (complete the game on any difficulty) ??

RamHawk
08-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Well, I did indeed just start a new campaign on Vet level but have stopped to get some on-line points. I guess I'll have to eventually pick it back up. I know it is going to be hard and I'm not really looking forward to it. :)