PDA

View Full Version : People complaining about GENRAL ACHIEVEMENT look here

recklesself1023
02-24-2009, 02:26 AM
Quit playing if you hate it! Its just like the seriously.. achievement so stop complain cause many other games have done this too. Gears of War 1, the Club, BF: Bad Company. Its just playing alot to get it so just think of it as one of those.

L Demonic I
02-24-2009, 03:28 AM
Gow 1 10,000 was easy

Deathblow23
02-24-2009, 04:26 AM
Gow 1 10,000 was easy

......AND,...fun!!!

It's not a fair comparison anyway because, at the time...there simply was no other MP experience like Gears. It was 3rd person, relied on a cover system,...and every map was really good(for the most part). It was 4v4...and you had no respawns. Comparing a 3rd person shooter with those gameplay elements against a 1st person shooter with NOTHING...and I mean NOTHING new to offer...is apples to oranges.

Grinding for the big dog achievements in each of those games isn't a fair comparison either because the "Seriously" grind...and the "General" grind are nowhere NEEEEEEEEEEEAR the same experience.

oFILECOMPLAINTo
02-24-2009, 07:38 AM
When was the last time you seen some1 boost and get bored of gears 1, agreed with no.3 its not a fair comparison when you compare a game that requires boosting and 1 that has a popular online multiplayer and a massive online community.

phobzy85
02-24-2009, 08:39 AM
Hang on, isn't boosting supposed to be boring.?

xEndriux
02-24-2009, 08:44 AM
we can complain cause we payed for the game
and we want the possibility to reach every achievement

TheToiletBrush
02-24-2009, 03:31 PM
This thread is more pointless than another thread of complaining. At least the complaining threads offer criticism that may influence future stupid achievement decisions.

xEndriux
02-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Do you really think that posting in a forum may influence future stupid achievement decisions ?
Do you really think that developer or Microsoft take in account what we write here ?
Perhaps they first should explain why they give us this stressing achievements. We play for fun ok, but it is nice to complete a game
and I don't know why I have to spend 300 hours to get an achievement.
Remember that we pay the games !

TheToiletBrush
02-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Dude, of course developers read what is posted in online forums. Maybe not every thread, but it's instant feedback on their product. Read any of the trade mags, and you will consistantly see in interviews with developers where they are quoted as saying that they read on the internet what the fans what. It's true for any sequel out there.

xEndriux
02-24-2009, 04:49 PM
I know that but perhaps they refer to the official forum of the game.
However if they read all the forums, they must change the achivements
in order to give us the possibility to get them in a reasonable time

Deathblow23
02-24-2009, 05:03 PM

That's what I was thinking as well. I'm sure they read forums, etc for feedback...but I just don't think they scour forums on sites like this...especially when the games was released on so many platforms.

I bet if they did look here...they left quickly because Monolith has taken a beating on this site for setting the XP system up like they have. They probably crawled back to the cave, tail tucked, and sobbing...and I personally wish it could have been worse on them. They deserve it. I just can't imagine that they truly beliebed in the heart of hearts that their MP was gonna be THAT popular?!?!

For what it may or may not be worth...I rented FEAR 2 and took it back once I got 810G...and then I started playing Perfect Dark Zero for some points that I hadn't gotten yet. That's crazy to some...but it's also how completely UN-interested I have been in boosting that steaming pile. To anyone who can stomach boosting up to General...you deserve more than an XBOX achievement!

squid5580
02-24-2009, 05:09 PM
we can complain cause we payed for the game
and we want the possibility to reach every achievement

It is possible. It may be long and boring but it can be done. Don't blame the game if you can't find the people needed to be able to do it quickly.

TheToiletBrush
02-24-2009, 06:41 PM

I am sure they read more than their own boards. If you notice the marketing for games, they have review quotes from everything like the big IGN-type sites to dumb little sites nobody has heard of. They have tons and tons of interns to scour the web for board comments and web site reviews. This site is the big dog for achievement clowns like us, so it's got some rep. But as far as them changing the circumstance to unlock an achievement because we hate it?.....that's just silly. Never going to happen.

KingRep
02-25-2009, 07:59 AM
i like fear 2 its a good game but comeone ranking up takes way to long

xEndriux
02-25-2009, 08:42 AM
It is possible. It may be long and boring but it can be done. Don't blame the game if you can't find the people needed to be able to do it quickly.

if you read with attention I never blame and never wrote that I don't find people etc etc

the game is a game and we pay it and it is for fun
I played 80 hours for PES 2008 to get the last achievement
but for FEAR 2 we are talking of 150/200 hours

as you read above there's no opinion in my words only facts

squid5580
02-26-2009, 05:10 AM
if you read with attention I never blame and never wrote that I don't find people etc etc

the game is a game and we pay it and it is for fun
I played 80 hours for PES 2008 to get the last achievement
but for FEAR 2 we are talking of 150/200 hours

as you read above there's no opinion in my words only facts

So what? It takes time. Don't like it don't do. You didn't pay 60 bucks for a 1000 gamerscore. They aren't glitched. They are time consuming so you got exactly what you paid for. If all achs were easy then what would be the point?

undyingone
02-26-2009, 06:49 AM
So what? It takes time. Don't like it don't do. You didn't pay 60 bucks for a 1000 gamerscore. They aren't glitched. They are time consuming so you got exactly what you paid for. If all achs were easy then what would be the point?

indeed...well put

xEndriux
02-26-2009, 08:42 AM
it seems you don't understand what I mean or I don't explain in a good way
anyway no problem :)

the blac plague
03-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Squid is right! You buy a game for the fun of it. I know it's nice to have 1000/1000 in a game, but don't let achievements like these torture you. If you like the mp, then go for it. If you hate the mp, then don't bother going for it.

TESTUBE BABY 82
03-05-2009, 07:10 PM
so why doesnt eveyone join the officail website and say it and speak there mind about the xp the more complaints the better