PDA

View Full Version : Easy NIGHTMARE Playthrough :)

Ashley B Sivorn
02-24-2009, 09:47 AM
I fount out this trick when I was playing Doom on the PC a few years back & it clicked to me when I fount it again on XBLA. :)

Basically if you find an enemy thats hard to kill that takes 5+ shots to murder his a** you can use this trick which is hidden in the Load/Save section.

Basically get yourself ready to shoot the enemy (around the corner) & Save the game. Then run & your enemy & fire away (1 or 2 shots) then run back around the corner or wall & Save the game again. Then when you Load the game again the enemy you just shot at won't hunt you down & just act as nothings happened. As long as your not in his sight he will not follow you. So then you can pelt another 1 or 2 shots at the beast & then run & hide. I like to call it 'Shot, Hide & Seek'. So keep rinse & repeating this trick & you will never need a medipack again. :)

I've also noticed that Lost Souls tend to bump into each other & causes enemies to attack so just keep that in mind & you'll become a Doom assassin. ;)

KSI Chikatilio
02-24-2009, 09:48 AM
I fount out this trick when I was playing Doom on the PC a few years back & it clicked to me when I fount it again on XBLA. :)

Basically if you find an enemy thats hard to kill that takes 5+ shots to murder his a** you can use this trick which is hidden in the Load/Save section.

Basically get yourself ready to shoot the enemy (around the corner) & Save the game. Then run & your enemy & fire away (1 or 2 shots) then run back around the corner or wall & Save the game again. Then when you Load the game again the enemy you just shot at won't hunt you down & just act as nothings happened. As long as your not in his sight he will not follow you. So then you can pelt another 1 or 2 shots at the beast & then run & hide. I like to call it 'Shot, Hide & Seek'. So keep rinse & repeating this trick & you will never need a medipack again. :)

I've also noticed that Lost Souls tend to bump into each other & causes enemies to attack so just keep that in mind & you'll become a Doom assassin. ;)

That save trick is so time consuming and nightmare isnt that diffucult anywayz

Dysitis
02-26-2009, 06:51 PM
If you're saving and reloading multiple times for every one of the stronger enemies, that completely kills the flow of the game. It's much more fun and rewarding to play continuously. Anyways, it's not even necessary because their attacks are easy to dodge. If you know how to strafe and have good timing, it's easy to avoid getting hit.

AcidGlowx81
03-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Very time consuming.. not worth it..

Telexen
03-04-2009, 05:30 PM
I just went through on knee deep and used the shortcut to go from the first room to the hallway before the last room. Got through it first try.

vmu
03-12-2009, 02:24 AM
time consuming method is time consuming