PDA

View Full Version : Idea for site.

StolenKyle/
02-25-2009, 01:50 PM
I was just searching the Retail list and Arcade list. I was thinking to myself, that it would help a lot if there was a "G" symbol or something beside the game on the list to tell you that there is a guide for this game before even clicking it. You can also put "R" for road map too.

I dunno just a thought.

dakisbac
02-25-2009, 04:08 PM
Instead of putting a G or R next to each title, instead have a thin chart to the left headings "guide" and "roadmap" and then just put checks under the appropriate heading for each game.

Other than that little tweak, it's a good idea. However, I can easily see a mod coming here saying it's pointless because it only takes a few seconds to click the title and see if it has a guide/roadmap for itself.

Etown Scarface
02-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Should have some sort of points system where you can collect points and exchange them for merchandise. I think that would be an interesting addition to the website. Or even if not for merchandise, maybe some type of ranking and leveling. I dunno... :uzi:

devlin
02-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Instead of putting a G or R next to each title, instead have a thin chart to the left headings "guide" and "roadmap" and then just put checks under the appropriate heading for each game.

Other than that little tweak, it's a good idea. However, I can easily see a mod coming here saying it's pointless because it only takes a few seconds to click the title and see if it has a guide/roadmap for itself.
I like your idea a lot. Don't think it would take too much to code this either...let's see what a mod thinks. Though most - MAIN - games all have achievement guides, so we would only need to know if the specific game has a road map or not.

RuggersAssassin
02-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Or also add a star to very easy achievement lists that take less than like 10 hours. I know theres a thread but this would simpilify it and make it more accessible instead of checking the thread. Though, then we will be adding a symbol to everything and it will be unorganzied a mod will probably say...Because that is a true fact.

antnie
02-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Or also add a star to very easy achievement lists that take less than like 10 hours. I know theres a thread but this would simpilify it and make it more accessible instead of checking the thread. Though, then we will be adding a symbol to everything and it will be unorganzied a mod will probably say...Because that is a true fact. Good idea about the star.

OP, Like the idea alot, it would help me out alot. Now I wont have to click on games like Proving Ground trying to find a guide.

Minty
02-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Or people could work on the guides for games without them and then we dont have any games without guides...

StolenKyle/
02-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Or people could work on the guides for games without them and then we dont have any games without guides...

lmao nice.

But yeah it was just a thought.

Oh well.