PDA

View Full Version : The Demo

Denny Crane
02-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Well it came out and im not happy. batting is fine as to me it feels largley unchanged. i cant grade the pitching as i hate this new system they introduced in 2k8 (though they made it better than it was) and will be using classic pitching - which they better still have an option for. where im concerned is baserunning and feilding. base running felt a bit slow and as i flicked the stick to slide the guy went running for home. when i went to make the guy advance he advanced once and went to steal when i wanted him to take another step. so that was a mit of a mess but hopefully with controls known and hopefully changeable this will wotk. fielding though... wow... just wow, it felt horribly sluggish and when i had the guy finally get to circle of where the ball was going it sailed over his head or missed it. this happened multiple times, they did catch some balls although. it was fustrating- they guy is moving with a ball and chain on his ankle and when he finally gets to the spot he misses it. i also hit two homeruns in three innings. i really wish they wouldnt change gameplay just refine it. i liked mlb 2k8, it was just too easy or too hard (either winning 25-1 for entire season or losing 15-5 for entire season- atleast in my case) i really hope that all this shit is VERY customizable. ima play the demo a few more times to get used to it to hopefully. it isnt terrible and can possibly get better.

ReverendPhill
02-25-2009, 08:37 PM
The new '2-step' pitching controls are garbage. They shouldn't have messed with the already good pitching mechanics. Defense is definately sluggish. Baserunning seems to have gotten worse compared to 2k8. The hitting is nicer in being able to aim the shot more. Although if you have a power hitter you can just pull the ball and 8 times out of 10 you'll crank a home run.

Denny Crane
02-26-2009, 04:28 AM
The new '2-step' pitching controls are garbage. They shouldn't have messed with the already good pitching mechanics. Defense is definately sluggish. Baserunning seems to have gotten worse compared to 2k8. The hitting is nicer in being able to aim the shot more. Although if you have a power hitter you can just pull the ball and 8 times out of 10 you'll crank a home run.
exactlly very sluggish fielding and poor baserunning. i agree hitting felt good tho. and good graphics for what its worth.

floridafan765
02-26-2009, 05:59 AM
i love baseball and i USED to love baseball games such as the MVP baseball series and The Show 06 and 07, but now that i got Xbox i have to settle for 2k9 which i very much dislike and i will not be getting this. i just hope one day for EA to be allowed to make a baseball game for the 360..one day. (sorry to sound like a complaing fool but i just wanna play a good baseball game!!)

CAFF31N3
02-26-2009, 08:01 PM
I just got done playing the demo. It seems that they have smoothed out some of the game play from last year. I like what they did with the camera angle when the ball is hit. I think it may be even easier to hit home runs this year. I hit three home runs in the first inning right away. I think they could have made the graphics a little better. I miss the inbetween inning cut scenes, as petty as that is, it made it feel more real. I like last years pitching mechanics better. You actually had to earn your pitch. Last year's game just felt better. I can't really put a finger on it. It could be that it is just a demo and that is all. I just hoped they smoothed out this year's online game play. As long as they did that I will be content.

Denny Crane
02-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Fielding and baserunning. Fix it.

Eric4Hockey
02-27-2009, 12:51 AM
did it occur to anyone that this will be changeable when the actual game comes out? there will be alternate control schemes and all sorts of sliders to customize the game as you see fit. don't panic people, i have a 360 and cant wait for Tuesday to come so i can play baseball again

Denny Crane
02-27-2009, 04:32 AM
did it occur to anyone that this will be changeable when the actual game comes out? there will be alternate control schemes and all sorts of sliders to customize the game as you see fit. don't panic people, i have a 360 and cant wait for Tuesday to come so i can play baseball again
no, im banking on it. if not then its obviously a problem. its just disconserning to me right now. listen ive been looking forward to this game and been hyped up for awhile now and i have no choice- i want my baseball game every year and will buy it. i just dont know how sluggish fielding that is broken (i have the guy on the circle the ball goes over him, i have him slighty in front of the circle he doesnt catch it- and mind you it sometimes works and the ball is caught- but sometimes isnt good enough when im trying to win) will be fixed by sliders ...and these arent hard catches they are routine. oh well im buying regardless hopefully everything will be smooth

GrandChamp129
02-28-2009, 03:22 AM
I agree. I too am very frustrated with the same problems every single year. I too have no choice baseball are my favorite of all the sports titles. I am still getting this game regardless, but I hope it doesn't turn out as bad as people say it is.

CAFF31N3
02-28-2009, 03:39 AM
well the best thing to do would be to anticipate the game sucking...that way when you get it and it is "just OK" at best...you will be excited!

mcLOVIN1385
03-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Well it came out and im not happy. batting is fine as to me it feels largley unchanged. i cant grade the pitching as i hate this new system they introduced in 2k8 (though they made it better than it was) and will be using classic pitching - which they better still have an option for. where im concerned is baserunning and feilding. base running felt a bit slow and as i flicked the stick to slide the guy went running for home. when i went to make the guy advance he advanced once and went to steal when i wanted him to take another step. so that was a mit of a mess but hopefully with controls known and hopefully changeable this will wotk. fielding though... wow... just wow, it felt horribly sluggish and when i had the guy finally get to circle of where the ball was going it sailed over his head or missed it. this happened multiple times, they did catch some balls although. it was fustrating- they guy is moving with a ball and chain on his ankle and when he finally gets to the spot he misses it. i also hit two homeruns in three innings. i really wish they wouldnt change gameplay just refine it. i liked mlb 2k8, it was just too easy or too hard (either winning 25-1 for entire season or losing 15-5 for entire season- atleast in my case) i really hope that all this shit is VERY customizable. ima play the demo a few more times to get used to it to hopefully. it isnt terrible and can possibly get better.

you know maybe you just suck at the game. this game is great and i cant wait till i have enough money to buy it. get good or just go home

xXx3NIGM4xXx
03-04-2009, 08:28 PM
you know maybe you just suck at the game. this game is great and i cant wait till i have enough money to buy it. get good or just go home

Well if you're referring to his comment on winning 20-1 or loosing 20-1 then I would have to tell you to suck it easy dude. There is in fact a very large jump between the difficulties and it's really irritating. A good way to gauge difficulties is to use football and baseball as examples.

Football, you need to use your brains to play well. A 10 year old who can comprehend defensive schemes and find holes in coverages can play on All-Madden but get a 19 year old like myself on MLB and I feel like a jack ass for playing on "just" Pro. But for the life of me, if I try anything higher, I get blasted, even on great pitches, and every ball I hit is a dribbler to short. I love baseball but that's always one thing that has bugged me since 2K5 on xbox is that I either completetly dominate on Pro or get decimated on All Pro. It's lame and I think they should really look into it or even perhaps allow you to "grow" as a player using the Madden 09 formula of gauging your playing style.

I used my own playing style for a whole season, starting in All-Madden in just Rushing and Run Defense. Then after that, just set it all to All-Madden once I had grown to adjust to all the settings for All-Madden.

Basically, replase "sliders" with a way to gauge your play style and ability, then allow you to grow as you play more and more games...It sounds silly, but I think that was a really cool idea from Madden because before 09 I was always a All-Pro kind of guy..lol