PDA

View Full Version : News Updates

II KaotiK
02-26-2009, 07:22 AM
Hey,

I'm not sure if I am like, imagining this or whatever, but I think it's right.

Basically, my internet is at a speed where I can stream YouTube videos, from anywhere. But when I watch videos in the X360a.org news updates, it stops and starts, which makes me think that they are in high quality, or Hi-Def.

Just a suggestion, can they be changed to normal quality and resolution, and an optional link placed above or below the video which would then link directly to a Higher Quality version of the video for those who have the internet speed to stream the video.

I know it would be quite simple to just pause the video and wait a few minutes, but it isn't as fun! And I am sure there is a few people who don't have 1500kbp/s upward internet speeds to stream the videos.

Thanks for your time,
Bryce.

Himself0890
02-26-2009, 04:14 PM
They aren't in HD. It may be an ad or some flash object slowing down your loading. or you may have spyware :P

It's happened to be before, I just pressed Shift and Refresh and it worked.

RuggersAssassin
02-26-2009, 05:08 PM
I have that problem to. When they use Youtube videos it works great. The other kind they use or other site always lags and take like 5 minutes to load. I suggest they just use Youtube for everything as that streams faster then the other video player sometimes used.

II KaotiK
02-27-2009, 03:12 AM
They aren't in HD. It may be an ad or some flash object slowing down your loading. or you may have spyware :P

It's happened to be before, I just pressed Shift and Refresh and it worked.

I don't have SpyWare or Adware, and thats a garunteed fact. :). And there isn't any flash ads on the news updates, all that is on the same page, is, the Sister Site ads, which don't flash or anything, and the affiliates, other than that, I can't see any problems.

I have that problem to. When they use Youtube videos it works great. The other kind they use or other site always lags and take like 5 minutes to load. I suggest they just use Youtube for everything as that streams faster then the other video player sometimes used.

It's evident that there is a problem then I think. It wouldn't take much for the x360a staff to just link to the videos, on an offical channel that they could create, and it's an easy to implement thing.

~Bryce