PDA

View Full Version : can you use controller on this 1

sam2k9
02-26-2009, 09:35 PM
or is it stupid guitar only again?

Tom115
02-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Dunno but I don't see how it's stupid, it's GUITAR Hero, not controller hero.

Stufin135
02-26-2009, 10:51 PM
I Imgaing it's guitar only fro the same reason RB, RB2 and GHWT were. BECAUSE CONTROLLER CONTROL THE MICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KFZ Scrubs
02-27-2009, 05:54 AM
Awww sucks.... i was hoping this would have controller too... oh well.

sam2k9
02-27-2009, 06:15 PM
well you see... i beat hard gh3 controller and xpert exsept for one i had to use the guitar on constant greens so when world tour came out i was screwed because i could bearly do easy on guitar

RenegadeSniper7
02-28-2009, 02:54 AM
Yeah... I suck at guitar... I play better on controller.

nightmare975
03-01-2009, 05:48 AM
I sucked at guitar, then I learned to play with it.

Now I rock.

Controllers = noobs

M85A21
03-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Nah controllers don't mean you're a noob.
Some people can just play better with the controller, I could easily say guitar is for noobs, it's a groundless statement, grow up.

nightmare975
03-01-2009, 08:19 PM
it's a groundless statement, grow up.

I am rubber you are glue...

The reason I say controllers are for noobs is that it seems like everyone who uses the damn thing never even tried the guitar except maybe the first time they played the game and they got pissed that they failed on easy because they didn't know you had to strum.

And I also say it because everyone always goes "Oh they wont let you use the controller as a guitar? Then fuck this game it sucks!" If you ask me, they should grow up.

Panda
03-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Nah controllers don't mean you're a noob.
Some people can just play better with the controller, I could easily say guitar is for noobs, it's a groundless statement, grow up.

It's a groundless statement? Guitar Hero is intended for use of the guitar. The first few games were compatible with controllers too, I'm guessing because it was a new franchise.

By now, most people SHOULD have at least one guitar controller and people should really stop relying on controllers as I really can't see how you can have as much fun playing on a guitar controller.

Learning to be able to do expert on it is the point of the game really and adds to the fun/longevity of it.

RonGermany
03-12-2009, 01:17 AM
The part about it being a "guitar game," is kind of ironic. It's a GAME. Games include controllers. If you're going to go all technical on someone that they need to use the guitar because it's a guitar, then you are open for the claim that you should play a real guitar because it's a guitar.

To each his own, and that's the point - your way is no more right than our way. I'm a drummer, and it's cool to play some guitar notes, but I can't get the strumming down. If someone wanted to play drums on a controller, have at it - it's their loss that they can't experience the fun of going off on some pads...but who the heck am I to judge?

con-con
03-12-2009, 01:29 AM
Noob is a stupid word, Its childish and has no purpose considering everyone was a "noob" at one point in time, but it is guitar hero, meant to be used with guitar, you can use controller but it was meant for people who wanted to get used to guitar but couldnt beat the game to unlock the songs, that way the could play all easier songs on guitar to get used. But then people started getting used to controller, so they kept it and made an achievement for it. But they took it out of world your for 2 major reasons. 1) They would make more money off you buying a guitar. and 2 ) the controller controls the mic, that would cause way to many technical issues. But it would be nice to have that without the glitched achievement.

M85A21
03-12-2009, 08:55 AM
All I'm saying is I can't use the guitar for anything over Medium. When I have the controller I can 100% most songs on Hard and 80+ them on Xpert...But I want my achievements, and it's easier with the controller. I'm just saying, don't condemn people who can't use the guitar.

Tenacious
03-12-2009, 11:17 PM
All I'm saying is I can't use the guitar for anything over Medium. When I have the controller I can 100% most songs on Hard and 80+ them on Xpert...But I want my achievements, and it's easier with the controller. I'm just saying, don't condemn people who can't use the guitar.
What's wrong with putting a little effort in and learning how to use the GH guitar? It's like learning how to use a different sensitivity or control scheme in Call of Duty. It just takes time and practice.

Inyaface13
03-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah I would have to agree controllers are a lot better than using the actual guitar IMO. When I have to play with the guitar (RB, RB2, and GHWT) it becomes just and achievement game, When I can play with the controller it makes it a lot more fun and I actually don't worry to much about achievements. I just get bored using that little Wal-Mart toy section guitar to play video games with a video game controller.

Poisonheadcrab
03-20-2009, 08:45 PM

You ask every person who plays Guitar on Expert (and hard for that matter) and I assure you that over 90% of them had a hard time learning the guitar on hard at first. Try to learn it, seriously; some sections are easier on the Controller (I started out on it myself), but there are sections that you could never pass on the controller (I'd be amazed if you could pass Knights of Cydonia on hard with a controller (no star power allowed :p)).

Cyanide
03-21-2009, 04:39 AM
Well I imagine you use a 360 due to the site name
www.Metallica.com (http://www.Metallica.com) has posted a page stating that all Rock Band/[2] controllers will work.

KFZ Scrubs
03-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Controllers = noobs
How so?
If you beat it on expert on controller your a noob?

JKILLA859
03-22-2009, 04:53 AM
You ask every person who plays Guitar on Expert (and hard for that matter) and I assure you that over 90% of them had a hard time learning the guitar on hard at first. Try to learn it, seriously; some sections are easier on the Controller (I started out on it myself), but there are sections that you could never pass on the controller (I'd be amazed if you could pass Knights of Cydonia on hard with a controller (no star power allowed :p)).

Kiddin? i could 5 star KoC on hard wit no star power with both eyes closed and 1 hand behind my back...its not that hard.....Although i have learned to play with guitar and decently play on expert. Controller > Guitar IMO

Bitis1078
03-23-2009, 01:26 AM
to answer the original question. You can use a controller for vocals only with a headset. I have the game, so this is 100% confirmed.

KFZ Scrubs
03-23-2009, 01:55 AM
to answer the original question. You can use a controller for vocals only with a headset. I have the game, so this is 100% confirmed.
He was asking though if you can use it to play the guitar part.
Looks like the age of using a controller on guitar hero is gone and done.
Thank god i have gh3

Inyaface13
03-23-2009, 05:45 AM
He was asking though if you can use it to play the guitar part.
Looks like the age of using a controller on guitar hero is gone and done.
Thank god i have gh3

I'm serious, There will never be another one as good as Guitar Hero 3. Ever since the drum set and vocals came along, Guitar Hero has never been the same.

nightmare975
03-23-2009, 07:43 AM
How so?
If you beat it on expert on controller your a noob?

No, you just have too much time on your hands.

KFZ Scrubs
03-23-2009, 09:24 AM
No, you just have too much time on your hands.
and how so?

nightmare975
03-23-2009, 04:49 PM
and how so?

Damn, I knew I should have added the [/sarcasm] tag. :p

My point still stands, the only ones who ask if they can use a controller are the ones who can't play the guitar.

I for one hate the controller and I'm glad that these noobs either have to learn to play the right way or get the fuck out.

DakidJose
03-23-2009, 09:16 PM

My point still stands, the only ones who ask if they can use a controller are the ones who can't play the guitar.

I for one hate the controller and I'm glad that these noobs either have to learn to play the right way or get the fuck out.

Maybe you should give the controller a try and see how easy it is.

KFZ Scrubs
03-23-2009, 09:33 PM

well not everyone who wants to use a controller can't use a guitar. I mean i don't speak for everone, but i can use a guitar on hard gh and expert rock band.
I still find controller to be a lot more fun.
I guess im a noob then

nightmare975
03-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Maybe you should give the controller a try and see how easy it is.

I have, don't care for it. Ruins the game for me. I'd rather use the guitar.

well not everyone who wants to use a controller can't use a guitar. I mean i don't speak for everone, but i can use a guitar on hard gh and expert rock band.
I still find controller to be a lot more fun.
I guess im a noob then

Pretty much. Besides, no one can use a controller anymore, save for vocals. Does it really matter?

The OP pretty much wont buy this game because of the lack of controller gameplay so I think we're done here.

:locked

Dr. twinkletits
03-24-2009, 09:04 AM
Well to all you guys who are against controllers, who gives a damn?
I mean you hate it so what? IF they put it in another GH game then it won't be affecting you in any way. You just go on with playing the guitar controller and we go on playing our controller.
I honestly still don't see the problem in putting controllers in GH.

nightmare975
03-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Well to all you guys who are against controllers, who gives a damn?
I mean you hate it so what? IF they put it in another GH game then it won't be affecting you in any way. You just go on with playing the guitar controller and we go on playing our controller.
I honestly still don't see the problem in putting controllers in GH.

If they most likely do that, they'll most likely force another shitty achievement on us like last time.

Unless it's glitched again. :p

KFZ Scrubs
03-24-2009, 10:06 PM
If they most likely do that, they'll most likely force another shitty achievement on us like last time.

Unless it's glitched again. :p
Nah they probably won't.
I think using controllers is done with in guitar hero.... makes me sad:(