PDA

View Full Version : COD4: Imperial Assault?

excessum01
11-19-2006, 05:40 AM
I don't like how all 5 call of Duty games have been fighting over the Germans. For their next one I would like to see some Pacific fighting. It makes it seem like all of WW2 happened in France. Also, the change of scenery from rubble infested European cities, to the jungle scene of Japan would be a nice addition.

Or, how about, Call of Duty 4: "The War to End all Wars". I would love to play a game about WW1 for a change.

I'm not saying that I don't love the COD series, because I do, I would just like to see some change.

Oppinions?

NIN11
11-19-2006, 08:11 AM
Its supposed to be a modern day shooter.

excessum01
11-19-2006, 12:32 PM

Thats a joke right?

WW2 was fought between 1939 and 1945. Its not modern warfare...

Supremesniper1
11-19-2006, 02:17 PM
actual WW2 was considered the first modern war

excessum01
11-19-2006, 03:30 PM
WW1 was considered the first modern war because of all of the new machines...
Planes, tanks, trench mortars, hand grenades, heavy artillery, transport vehicles, etc.

Darth Odan
11-19-2006, 03:32 PM
How about...Call of Duty: Iraqi Freedom? XD. Nah. I'd like to play as a German, Italian, or Japanese.

The Killer 47
11-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Perhaps fight as the Ghurkas(sp?) of India against the Japanese? That would be pretty badass.

Zef
11-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Perhaps fight as the Ghurkas(sp?) of India against the Japanese? That would be pretty badass.

Why not fight against rampaging Monguls on the Great Wall of China too? That would be super-fantastic.

I doubt COD will ever let you play as the 'villains' because some crazy Christian American mother who has never played the game will think that satan is trying to corupt the children of the Earth and demolish all existence from the face of the planet, or something.

Maybe have a game where you play as a squad leader and get to choose who you take into battle with you rather than a whole squad, but if someone is KIA then they are gone for good, and you can't just swap between characters in the middle of a campaign.

Fonkey Monkey
11-19-2006, 10:06 PM

he speaks the truth...
that is the rumar about cod4 at the moment...

Darth Odan
11-19-2006, 10:46 PM
If there will be Call of Duty 4... Some one make a petition for Infinity Ward instead of Treyarch to make it :D

Substance 360
11-20-2006, 12:01 AM
If there will be Call of Duty 4... Some one make a petition for Infinity Ward instead of Treyarch to make it :D

Apparantly thats why Treyarch made this one, so IW could concentrate on the next one...

Fonkey Monkey
11-20-2006, 12:17 AM
yep...and they will switch off. t. will make cod5 using the cod5 engine, IW will make 6, making a new engine etc..

Lord Vader MX
11-20-2006, 05:59 AM
I like to play as a german,japanese or italian,like in ¨The Outfit¨
it will be good that they talk more about north africa or the pacific

cause i'm geting tiered of only be good side:mad: i will like to be an axis on the history,just for fun:uzi:

i love COD i ended the COD1,COD1 expansion,COD finest hour,COD Big red one,and COD2(all the COD of the history)(All of them on the hardest dificult (son i will end COD 3 on veteran)

:)i will really like the change the batlefield on the games:)

NIN11
11-20-2006, 06:28 AM
Thats a joke right?

WW2 was fought between 1939 and 1945. Its not modern warfare...

I'm not dumb, i'm just saying that COD4 isnt supposed to have anything to do with WW2. It will be a new war, probably one made up, or it could be based on the inevitable war between America and Iran. But then it wouldnt last long because Iran is WEAK!!!!!!!!:uzi:Iran :uzi:Iran :uzi:Iran :uzi:Iran

Darth Odan
11-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Ummm. The Modern World began in the begining of the 20th century [1900s].

Call of Duty 1 was the best, because it showed all three armies doing equal effort in the war. The Russians pushing back the Germans and capturing the Reichstag, the British: capturing and holding the Pegasus bridge, destroying Dams, and sabotaging the German fleet. Lastly the Americans in D-day, and in the Bulge.

Call of Duty 3 makes it seem as though the Americans did all the effort [which is kinda true since we did give the weapons to the other countries...]

Zef
11-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Call of Duty 3 makes it seem as though the Americans did all the effort [which is kinda true since we did give the weapons to the other countries...]

Like the CIA gave the Taliban weapons and trained them to use them? Oops =P

Maybe they will have a game where you play totally as the Germans in the last few battles of the War?

Supaaafly
11-24-2006, 03:34 AM
Details of CoD4 - currently in production and being overseen by Infinity Ward:

A reliable source close to the Call of Duty development teams has revealed not only the existence of Call of Duty 4, but vital details surrounding the game as well, including the fact that it will be based on modern combat.

According to the source, Call of Duty 4 will be developed by Infinity Ward, the developer behind the first and second installments. The three-way deal established between Infinity Ward, Treyarch, and Activision states that Infinity Ward will develop all even numbered titles while Treyarch develops the odd numbered games, such as Call of Duty 3.

As aforementioned, Call of Duty 4 is said to step away from the war torn locales of World War II, instead focusing on the battlefields of present day. It is unknown if it will take the same path as Electronic Arts’ Battlefield franchise, placing the spotlight on the Middle East.

The source compared Call of Duty 4’s technical achievements to other games saying that while most shooters have two or three critical points on the head, Call of Duty 4 has 16, saying that you can shoot the side of an opponent’s helmet to make it spin on their head, or knock the helmet clean off. Supposedly you will even be able to shoot an enemy’s ear off.

Although Call of Duty’s single player has always been a mainstay of the franchise, the multiplayer is certainly something to write home about. The source has said that there have been multiplayer bouts with 54 players. PC gamers will be happy to know that they will be able to join the action once again, as Infinity Ward is supposed to be bringing Call of Duty 4 to the PC as well as consoles.

Source: 360-live.co.uk

Getting all hot and bothered already! ;)

Dark Apparition
11-24-2006, 06:30 AM
Yeah moving to the modern era would be a nice change, heck id even take the pacific for something different.

The Killer 47
11-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Why not fight against rampaging Monguls on the Great Wall of China too? That would be super-fantastic.

I doubt COD will ever let you play as the 'villains' because some crazy Christian American mother who has never played the game will think that satan is trying to corupt the children of the Earth and demolish all existence from the face of the planet, or something.

Maybe have a game where you play as a squad leader and get to choose who you take into battle with you rather than a whole squad, but if someone is KIA then they are gone for good, and you can't just swap between characters in the middle of a campaign.
The ghurkas were with the allies.