PDA

View Full Version : Arcade Games Info

Skillet
02-27-2009, 02:33 AM
I thought I once saw an Arcade games prices thread somewhere else in the forum but I couldn't find it.

I also searched this forum before posting here but couldn't find anything. So if this has been suggested before, I'm sorry.

Anywho...

I think it would be helpful to list the prices and file size of all of the arcade games in their game info section. The part where it lists the publisher and release date and all that good stuff.

I wonder these things when new arcade games are released. I'm sure others do as well. Looking them up on the dashboard can be a hassle if you don't like shuffling through all of the info. In my case, it can take up to three minutes for the game info to load. My dashboard is really slow for some reason. I also think the info is at least slightly more useful than things like the publisher and developer.

I know Xbox.com has the information but quite frankly, I don't like looking up games on their site. I think their format is crap. They also have the name, publisher, developer and all that info as well, so if you're going to use that argument, please don't.

Anyway, thoughts?

razzleson
02-27-2009, 02:39 AM
Man you suck at searching, Skillet! :p

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21978

It doesn't have sizes, but it does have prices for both XBLA and Xbox Originals. Hasn't been updated since January though. Every time someone picks it up, they stop the updating after a few months.

EDIT: I do think it would be a great feature for the homepage, but we would need someone just to do that job, as it's a huge amount of work to completely fill the Game Details section of every game.

Skillet
02-27-2009, 02:48 AM
I wouldn't mind helping with the updating of that thread, at least.

Or collecting all of the information to ready it for posting on the main site. I know only the admins and super mods (or maybe it's just Pants) can edit the home page. And that isn't very many people. If one of them would be willing to post it, I wouldn't mind rounding up the data.

I think it would be a lot easier once the previous titles were updated with the information, however. Most of the data is easily accessible before the achievement list is completed so at least for newer games, somebody will already be editing the game's info.