PDA

View Full Version : Very annoying trend in GH games

Tim 13
02-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Okay, ever since Activision bought the Guitar Hero franchise, they've been solely responsible for Guitar Hero 3, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Guitar Hero: World Tour, and now, Guitar Hero: Metallica. In EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE GAMES, there is a 5G achievement for completing the tutorials. Why every single one? If you ask me, having the achievement in one game would do just fine. Why is it that if I want to achieve 1000G on a Guitar Hero game, I need to complete a tutorial every time?

I'm not an idiot. I can remember to hold down a button, then strum. And even if I couldn't, I'm sure I could figure it out. I'm not saying to take tutorials out of the games, because I'm sure there are new players to every edition they release. But to keep it as an achievement, so that even expert players have to go through it in each game they release is asinine. WAKE UP, ACTIVISION.

Lord Chabelo
02-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Just because you have played all the GH games doesn't mean everyone has. I think it's acceptable to have a complete tutorials achievement in every GH game for those that are barely jumping into the series.

Motrahtox
02-27-2009, 05:22 PM
It does seem like a kick in the face, but what will be an even greater disappointment will be if they use the exact same tutorial will Lou and the God of Rock just the the others.

Its crazy when you think of how "cut and paste" these games are and Activision charges $60 for half a game ( like Aerosmith and this upcoming title) and the fact that it uses virtually the same game engine as every other Activision GH.

I own every GH but the first, but Im thinking this is a renter with so many other titles out and on the horizon that show far greater promise.

velho lobodomar
02-27-2009, 05:37 PM
man, at least this is quick.
what┤s a real pain is having to play an entire carrer on easy or medium (i don┤t know if gh metallica has these). it┤s a kind of game that stackable achievements should be ordered by law. of course if someone has 5starred every song on expert why they should go back and 5star them on easy?!?

widdler
02-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Guitar Hero World Tour was my first guitar hero game, and so I did the tutorial and apprechiated the 5gs.

I'll be getting the Metallica GH and will play straight away. If I get to the stage where I have 995gs I'll be chuffed that I only have to do the tutorials to seal it and get the 1000!

nukefarmer
02-28-2009, 03:12 AM
meh I was hoping for them to be as hard as gh3

Tim 13
02-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Just because you have played all the GH games doesn't mean everyone has. I think it's acceptable to have a complete tutorials achievement in every GH game for those that are barely jumping into the series.
I'm not saying to take tutorials out of the games, because I'm sure there are new players to every edition they release. But to keep it as an achievement, so that even expert players have to go through it in each game they release is asinine.
Those that are barely jumping into the series? Okay. What about the 98% that are experienced players?

And yes, Motra, I just got Aerosmith a few days ago (God bless Circuit City's closeout sale), and I noticed that the tutorial was very cut and paste. I was even half-expecting to hear at the end "I challenge you to a duel! 'Through the Fire and Flames' on expert!" I would have written Activision a death threat.

Velho, I agree, but I did notice that in Aerosmith, I beat the game on expert, and it automatically unlocked the achievement for beating the game on easy, medium, hard, and expert. But I do know what you're talking about, in reference to Guitar Heroes 2 and 3. In Guitar Hero 2, I had to five-star easy, medium, and hard separately. Yeah, that was a pain in the ass.

Painkiller Q8
03-01-2009, 05:21 AM
I HATE ALL GH games achievemnts .. very annoying and boring !!

HumpedMetal
03-01-2009, 10:52 AM
yea it does suck, just be glad its nothing like GH2's credits achievement.

Tim 13
03-01-2009, 03:27 PM
lol, GH2's credits achievement wouldn't have been so bad if you played a song underneath the credits, like in GH3 (TTFAF). If I remember correctly, once I beat GH2, I switched the input to cable and watched TV for like a half an hour. I think Seinfeld was on.

A CATSHOVEL
03-02-2009, 05:53 AM
I've only sat through the tutorial on one of them (World Tour), and that was annoying as hell. I feel sorry for people that had to do it six times.

I don't really understand how sitting through a video is an achievement; why don't I get one for watching the opening scenes or the credits?

velho lobodomar
03-02-2009, 01:50 PM
(...)

Velho, I agree, but I did notice that in Aerosmith, I beat the game on expert, and it automatically unlocked the achievement for beating the game on easy, medium, hard, and expert. But I do know what you're talking about, in reference to Guitar Heroes 2 and 3. In Guitar Hero 2, I had to five-star easy, medium, and hard separately. Yeah, that was a pain in the ass.

wow, thanks for the heads up, nice to know that i won┤t have to torture myself up on easy on all of them :)
i┤m still at GH2, although i bought GH3 together i still didn┤t played it because i want to finish everything on 2 before going to 3.

Xx 8cho
03-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Okay, ever since Activision bought the Guitar Hero franchise, they've been solely responsible for Guitar Hero 3, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Guitar Hero: World Tour, and now, Guitar Hero: Metallica. In EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE GAMES, there is a 5G achievement for completing the tutorials. Why every single one? If you ask me, having the achievement in one game would do just fine. Why is it that if I want to achieve 1000G on a Guitar Hero game, I need to complete a tutorial every time?

I'm not an idiot. I can remember to hold down a button, then strum. And even if I couldn't, I'm sure I could figure it out. I'm not saying to take tutorials out of the games, because I'm sure there are new players to every edition they release. But to keep it as an achievement, so that even expert players have to go through it in each game they release is asinine. WAKE UP, ACTIVISION.

I agree I didnt start playing GH until this past Xmas so my first one was Aerosmith so I did the tutorial on that one then the next game I bought was World Tour and I BSd on that one for a while then a few weeks ago I bought GH3 and I still havnt done the tutorial on that one yet VERY boring

Are You Dead Yet
03-04-2009, 11:49 PM
wow, thanks for the heads up, nice to know that i won┤t have to torture myself up on easy on all of them :)
i┤m still at GH2, although i bought GH3 together i still didn┤t played it because i want to finish everything on 2 before going to 3.

Move on to 3. Finish your chosen difficulty and then go back to 2. You'll be a lot better, will save time and mix it up for you :)

Rogue Batleth
03-05-2009, 05:13 AM
only a little bit annoying, but not too bad

TriRock
03-06-2009, 10:03 AM
I can live with that.

she haunts me
03-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Who cares? It's an easy 5gs. Don't do it if it bothers you enough to start a thread about it.

Mycatisbigfoot
03-07-2009, 05:11 AM
it pissed me off as in aerosmith its the same fucking rock god and lou and they just coppyed and pasted the fucking audio, thats just lame rock band is way better and they dont have stupid as shit achevments but the thing is i suck a singing, I wonder if this game has singing

Tim 13
03-07-2009, 11:25 PM
You know what would have made it an even easier 5G? Shitcanning this retarded achievement, and stacking the 5G onto another achievement. So instead of getting 20G for some other achievement, you'd get 25G. I know, it's insane, right?

N-Forced
03-09-2009, 05:03 PM
it pissed me off as in aerosmith its the same fucking rock god and lou and they just coppyed and pasted the fucking audio, thats just lame rock band is way better and they dont have stupid as shit achevments but the thing is i suck a singing, I wonder if this game has singing yea same here bout the aerosmith tutorial; that whole game is pretty much copy and paste. and yes i do beleive that guitar hero metallica will have singing in it, just like guitar hero aerosmith was gh3 with a new paintjob this is guitar hero world tour with a new paintjob.

con-con
03-09-2009, 11:53 PM
put it this way, we both can play on expert and get all the hard achievements, but people who play on lower difficulties want gamerscore to, and thats not all to possible for them so they have those achievements to give those people more gamerscore.

HellsDemon
03-10-2009, 12:00 AM
You know what would have made it an even easier 5G? Shitcanning this retarded achievement, and stacking the 5G onto another achievement. So instead of getting 20G for some other achievement, you'd get 25G. I know, it's insane, right?

It's not insane, but I do think your insane, not insane like crazy but insane like "I'm mad that I have to do a tutorial for 5G" loser kind of insane.

I like to rock out, not whine.

Tenacious
03-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Most of you guys are only pissed because you don't have enough dedication to get 5 minute achievements in these games.

It's not that bad. New players might want tutorials. I sure as hell used the GH2 tutorial when I first started.

The Remdizzle
03-11-2009, 05:34 PM
True tutorial achievements suck but isn't the most annoying trend the fact that with every release the characters and animations are ugly as hell (especially the drummer animations)? Look at Rock Band then look at Guitar Hero and it's in a totally different world!

Tim 13
03-12-2009, 03:05 AM
It's not insane, but I do think your insane, not insane like crazy but insane like "I'm mad that I have to do a tutorial for 5G" loser kind of insane.

I like to rock out, not whine.Okay, if you need to be a dick, I'll be a dick right back.

I don't care about the tutorial. It can stay, because you'll have new players with every game. But to make it an achievement means that even expert players have to go through the tutorial AGAIN. I haven't fucking forgotten how to play, so I don't need to play the same lazy ass copy-and-paste tutorial in EVERY EDITION OF THE GAME. It's a waste of time.

Tenacious
03-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Okay, if you need to be a dick, I'll be a dick right back.

I don't care about the tutorial. It can stay, because you'll have new players with every game. But to make it an achievement means that even expert players have to go through the tutorial AGAIN. I haven't fucking forgotten how to play, so I don't need to play the same lazy ass copy-and-paste tutorial in EVERY EDITION OF THE GAME. It's a waste of time.
Achievement whores are in the minimal 5% of people who play Xbox, and alot of people who play a new edition of the Guitar Hero franchise are playing it for the first time, therefore hearing the "copy and paste" tutorial for the first time. You only choose to go through it again a second time because you want 5 measly gamerscore points.

If you're gonna whine about the achievement, DON'T DO THE ACHIEVEMENT!

Der Nacho
03-14-2009, 01:55 AM
I think taking 5 minutes to do a throw away achievement isn't this big a deal. Just chill and choose not to do it. Believe me, everyone will be happier.

Tim 13
03-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Jesus fucking Christ, did you people read the first post? I said "It's an annoying trend and it needs to stop." I'm not complaining about it being in any particular game, I'm complaining because it's in EVERY ONE. Not only is it in every one released to date, but now, it's in GH:Metallica, too.

I'm not an achievement whore, by any means. The only games I've completed are two arcade games, and close to at least one retail game, but no luck. That's not to say that I won't try to get an achievement if I know it's doable. But especially for something so boring as a tutorial; don't mandate it, just make it there. It's not an accomplishment to get through a tutorial, so what's the point of making anybody feel as though it is?

Mycatisbigfoot
03-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Yea In GHWT you only have to do one as i found out as i needed to learn to play with the slider and i did the slider lession and i got the 5 G wow ok stop bitching about 5 gs

jamieCR7
03-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Jesus fucking Christ, did you people read the first post? I said "It's an annoying trend and it needs to stop." I'm not complaining about it being in any particular game, I'm complaining because it's in EVERY ONE. Not only is it in every one released to date, but now, it's in GH:Metallica, too.

I'm not an achievement whore, by any means. The only games I've completed are two arcade games, and close to at least one retail game, but no luck. That's not to say that I won't try to get an achievement if I know it's doable. But especially for something so boring as a tutorial; don't mandate it, just make it there. It's not an accomplishment to get through a tutorial, so what's the point of making anybody feel as though it is?

Like everyone said, just don't do it then

Der Nacho
03-15-2009, 02:49 AM

I'm still a little baffled at this, and I'm sure you could understand why, but why does make you upset? It's a simple problem with an equally simple solution. If you don't like it, don't do it. Don't feel like you have to "fight a battle" for anyone because of an annoying constant. Everybody already knows that it's a stupid, thrown out there achieveable. And those that don't know, will soon find out.

D 3 4 T H B 4 T
03-15-2009, 04:25 AM
an annoing trend is the tutoriols

DakidJose
03-15-2009, 06:14 PM
I don't mind at all. It's 5 easy gamerpoints.

IWi11KickU
03-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Of all the annoying trends in the GH franchise, you chose this one to complain about? Wow. Just wow.

Tim 13
03-17-2009, 03:16 AM
See, nobody seems to get this. I'm not an achievement whore, like I think I said... but I like achievement points. So if one is possible for me, I'm gonna do it, even if I don't like it. Someone mentioned before that in World Tour, you only have to do one teency weency tutorial before they unlock the achievement for you. I found that out yesterday, and appreciate it deeply. It's much less tedious than wasting like 10 or 15 minutes, as in Guitar Hero 2, 3, and Aerosmith. I'm saying that the achievement SUCKS, I'm not saying "I'M GONNA RISE UP AND REBEL AGAINST THE MAN, WHO'S WITH ME!"

I'm trying to blow off a little steam, who the fuck invited the trolls back up from under the bridges?

Bitis1078
03-24-2009, 10:47 PM
in this one you have to do it for all instruments. if you don't have them all then you are just sol. I don't so I am screwed out of my 5gs. Oh, well. I can confirm this as I have the game. GT: Headless Snip3r

KFZ Scrubs
03-25-2009, 01:46 AM
I agree with you.
I mean sure it sucks for the expert players, but it makes the new players feel like the acomplished something.

RattleHunt
03-25-2009, 01:10 PM
I have a hard time understanding you as well, what is 15min for 5 points compared to some achievement that takes many many hours and only give you 20, witch is often the case, fun or not fun.

May I also blow of some steam? What the hell is with the the stupid achievements in the Guitarhero and RockBand games?!
I dont get what these people are thinking. One account usually equals one person, why should one person have achievements for all instruments.
Do they seriously think that most people should become expert players of all instruments?
Do they expect people to have slaves for friends, I could never convince a friend of mine to slave for me so I can get some points, neither would I for them, how is it fun to accomplish something you have already done.
I guess they don't really give a shit, but it's strange that both of them is that way, makes you wounder if they have any clue of what they are doing.

If this is a tiered subject just ignore it :)

dtonj10
03-25-2009, 01:35 PM
It's not a big deal. Yes, it's 15 minutes of boring-as-hell-a-monkey-could-do-it-strumming, but it's an easy 5G's. If it's in every game, so what? Personally, I 5 star all the songs on expert, and when I'm replaying for random achievements and whatnot, I notice the tutorial and I do it. It's been that way for 2, 3, and Aerosmith, as I haven't played WT yet.

If it's stupid achievements we're talking about, then how about the controller based achievements for 3? Or what about the non-stackable easy-expert 5 star achievements?

If I 5 star every song on expert, do I really need to backtrack and 5 star the songs on the mind numbingly boring easy, medium, and hard difficulties? Come on Activision.

KFZ Scrubs
03-25-2009, 01:54 PM
May I also blow of some steam? What the hell is with the the stupid achievements in the Guitarhero and RockBand games?!
I dont get what these people are thinking. One account usually equals one person, why should one person have achievements for all instruments.
Do they seriously think that most people should become expert players of all instruments?

They probably want you to buy their instruments so you can play the seperate modes. That or they want you to play longer.

Crazy006
03-25-2009, 05:31 PM
The worst thing about the Tutorial, is to unlock the achievement, you need to have a Guitar Hero drumkit, as the Rockband one will not work within the tutorial.

Mosizzle313
03-25-2009, 06:12 PM
yeah i think its pretty annoying too but its an easy achievement so why complain about it haha

Lord Chabelo
03-25-2009, 06:49 PM
They probably want you to buy their instruments so you can play the seperate modes. That or they want you to play longer.

Both actually. They really don't want you to sell the game since they won't be making any money of off resales.

The worst thing about the Tutorial, is to unlock the achievement, you need to have a Guitar Hero drumkit, as the Rockband one will not work within the tutorial.

Really? The RB1 and or RB2 drums?

Crazy006
03-25-2009, 08:07 PM

Either, need a drum kit that has all 5 lanes active...so I guess you can use the Rock Revolution drum kit if you have it, but the RB1 or RB2 kits wont work for the tutorial achievement. but it will work for all other achievements.

Coadster1
03-25-2009, 09:18 PM
It's not that big of a deal just complete the tutorial and stop whining.

KFZ Scrubs
03-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Both actually. They really don't want you to sell the game since they won't be making any money of off resales.

I'd say your right there..... considering the RB1 and RB2 won't work for a full 1k.

Mustkill9
03-26-2009, 05:37 AM
Dude's got 9155 GP and he's hung up about 5 GP that he could have received many times by now- if he took the time he spent posting in this thread, and just did it.

You might want to skip that 5 GPs. Nobody cares whether or not you have it anyways.

Crazy006
03-26-2009, 04:50 PM
The only time you should be complaining about the Tutorial achievement is if its your final achievement.... but thats going to be pretty rare considering some of the point achievements in this game requiring a 98-99% across several instruments.

Zak777
03-27-2009, 06:36 AM
If I remember correctly there was one in Gh2 also, so why does it matter so much when Activision does it? Not every person buying the game has played all of the others, any game might be a first for somebody.

SILENT HAV0C
03-27-2009, 06:54 AM
The most annoying trend is that they keep releasing these games.

Cissnei
03-27-2009, 08:42 AM

This one sucks, but I guess it was only fair to make it this way. Nice for the people who got f***** by Flawless Guitar Solo in RB 2.

nimets
03-27-2009, 10:12 AM
ive been playing guitar hero since the first one. i dont have a problem with the tutorials achievement. some people need them. the only thing is that it doesnt take 15 minutes in metallica. there is about 7 to 8 tutorials with at least 5 lessons in them. i only did the first 2 tutorials and they took 10 minutes just for the 2. if they just give you the option to skip the talking it wouldnt be so bad. i like in world tour you had about 7 tutorials to do, but only 1 was needed to get the achievement. not the same in metallica.

RattleHunt
03-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Yep you are right GO8888OD and Lord Chabelo, it's actually quite obvious when you think about it. So then it's not really stupid achievements, it's abusement achievements.

My real opinion about the training achievements are that they are okay, I think it's fun to listen to the comments and chatter of the "instructor", dry rock humor. :)

Crazy006
03-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Quick and dirty way to do it is to convince a little cousin / brother who is learning to play. Have them do all the tutorials to "learn" the game, achievement unlocked in 30 minutes or so.

B4d33nD
03-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Was this really worth making this thread? Like achievements are the most important thing in this game. No.

Rooster425
03-28-2009, 08:55 PM
I've spent more time on an achievement that came out with less points per minute, such as my current endurance test of running through the Easy career on GH3 because the difficulty achievements don't stack on completion. It takes a couple minutes, and you could probably read or do something else, anything else.
Even better; if you have a six year-old sibling who doesn't know how to play but wants to, give them the controller and let them have the time of their lives.

dtonj10
03-30-2009, 01:38 PM
...Popped in GH3 over the weekend to play a few songs. I had my normal xbox controller plugged in, and when I selected my save on the completed expert career and the career screen loaded, "Buy a Real Guitar Already" unlocked. WTF.

One of the gayest achievements on the game popped out of the blue. To say I was happy would be an understatement.

PS: My friend did it shortly thereafter and it worked for him too.

IWi11KickU
03-30-2009, 01:56 PM
...Popped in GH3 over the weekend to play a few songs. I had my normal xbox controller plugged in, and when I selected my save on the completed expert career and the career screen loaded, "Buy a Real Guitar Already" unlocked. WTF.

One of the gayest achievements on the game popped out of the blue. To say I was happy would be an understatement.

That glitch has been known about for like two years. Its in the GH3 achievement guide on this site. Also, it's a completely different game, why are you even posting that here?

XxBlueSpade2xX
03-30-2009, 10:28 PM
Whenever they add new features, it makes sense that they would put a tutorial in. Even if it is redundant. Just be grateful for the easy points.

Free HEADSH0TS
03-31-2009, 02:38 AM
It's an easy 5G that really isn't worth the time, but I've done it on every GH game for 360 so far lol (haven't gotten around to it on GH:M yet though...). It's kind of annoying just because it's repetitive, but oh well.

Nirumano
03-31-2009, 12:22 PM
This one sucks, but I guess it was only fair to make it this way. Nice for the people who got f***** by Flawless Guitar Solo in RB 2.

Idd, there's nowhere to find standalone rb guitar or guitar+game where I live, so if I want that achievement I have to pay at least 200$ for full band kit. Not gonna happen for 20GS, but sux that I can't get it any other way. None of my friends have rock band guitar either, it was never as big a hit in Norway as GH is.

Sure the tutorials are boring if you can play the game, but it's not that big a deal.

dtonj10
03-31-2009, 06:40 PM
That glitch has been known about for like two years. Its in the GH3 achievement guide on this site. Also, it's a completely different game, why are you even posting that here?

This is a guitar hero thread smart ass. And sorry for not reading the guide: I've only started using this site recently.

IWi11KickU
04-01-2009, 12:41 PM
This is a guitar hero: Metallica, not a Guitar Hero 3 thread smart ass.
Fixed that for you.

dtonj10
04-01-2009, 04:53 PM
I am a jackass.

Fixed that for you.

"Very annoying trend in GH games" refers to more than just GH: Metallica.

If you've read the thread, all GH games are part of the discussion, GH 3 included.

I do like what you said in the above quote though.

isharted
04-02-2009, 01:26 AM
the developers took the time to write the tutorials, so they want to make sure at least some people use them

Double O Slevin
04-02-2009, 02:25 AM
It's solely there for those that are new to the franchise. Believe it or not, there ARE some people that have never played a music based game(RB & GH). But the tutorial is simple and painless, not a big deal.

TA Sasuke
04-02-2009, 03:32 AM
Dear Neversoft

I hate you. I hate you and i hope you die. i just got 549k on Creeping Death and was rejoicing. I thought i was finally done with Creeping Death! I got up, and took a screen shot, wondering why the achievement didnt pop up. So i figured it had to save, so i pressed green and let it save. No achievement. So i came here, checking the achievement. TURNS OUT ITS 575K DURR. Now i realize its my error because i misread the achievement description, but I AM NOT GHPHENOM!!!! I had 99%, 734 note streak, missed 9 notes, and still was 30k away from your god damn achievement.

Fuck you.

Bl°°dwolf
04-02-2009, 03:48 AM
Amen. Same goes for the Queen vocal 'cheev for me. Bastards. :mad: