PDA

View Full Version : Does the story advance Halo series' story any?

Telexen
02-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Does this game add to the story of the Halo universe, or am I not missing anything by not playing it? If it does...is there anywhere I can download all the cut-scenes as video to just understand the story?

I don't really have any interest in playing it ... RTS games just aren't my cup of tea.

Thanks for the help.

Aletdownofstate
02-27-2009, 08:49 PM
It's a prequal to Halo. It sets the scene better.

And given the sheer amount of unlockable timeline stuff, it's worth getting if you're into the story.

bloodswan
02-27-2009, 10:03 PM
The cut scenes are quite good and were one of the main reasons in my decision to get it after I saw some of them in the trailer. I don't mind RTS games though the only one I can say I really enjoyed have been the Total War series. I guess u will be able to find the cut scenes on youtube but there are timeline unlockables aswell. Halopedia may also have the info up on there.

ZundayXx
02-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Yes, yes and yes.
Its explains tons and tons of background related info. ( Some of wich are also in the books )

neok182
02-27-2009, 11:34 PM
Limited edition also comes with a comic that goes into more backstory of harvest and the first battles with the covenant.

Tiberian
02-28-2009, 06:22 AM
It most certainly does add to the story of the Halo universe, just like how the books add to the universe. As someone already mentioned theres also a time line feature in the game which you can unlock from collecting items in the missions, which give even more background on the events/history.

But yeah, i'm sure you could just read it all online and watch the cut scenes if rts's aren't your cup of tea.