PDA

View Full Version : Waning Popularity

yosambo
02-28-2009, 05:55 AM
Like the first FEAR, this game is losing players. Hopefully all the players that are tired of the Halos and Cods and Gears will stick with this. Everyone play as much as you can to keep this one alive.

Diesel8590
02-28-2009, 05:59 AM
I've played this a lot more than Gears 2 since FEAR2 came out.

Too addicting. lol

yosambo
02-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Amen Brother, FEAR2 is a nice reprise from all the other shooters out there. Thank you for playing. F/R me. CRYMS0N GH0ST. The o's are zeros .

iiTz
02-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Amen Brother, FEAR2 is a nice reprise from all the other shooters out there. Thank you for playing. F/R me. CRYMS0N GH0ST. The o's are zeros .
Doesn't really strike me as unique tbh

Diesel8590
02-28-2009, 10:14 PM
It's a nice break from Halo 3, CoD, and Gears which has been keeping the population more than occupied. I like the idea of changing loadouts on the fly [though I believe CoD did that as well, don't kill me], but something about the gameplay is just...fun. It's different than all the other shooters that are on their 3rd or 4th try. It's just refreshing to me since I never got a chance to play the First F.E.A.R.'s MP.

Runic Aries
02-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Im not sure what it is, but the Fear 2 multiplayer has captivated me from game 1.

theres just somethign special that this multiplayer has that no other game does, maybe its the customization, maybe its because i decent at it, but whatever it is, i love it.

If this game became more popular, i would be SOOOOOO happy

MrEastSide
02-28-2009, 11:04 PM
I don't mind the gameplay, I had a fair amount of fun with it. The one thing that turned me off was having to shoot people 10+ times before they die. When you're used to playing hardcore on CoD games when people die realistically after 1 or 2 shots, it's hard to play something like FEAR 2 where you have to dump a whole clip into a guy before he goes down.

yosambo
03-01-2009, 04:51 AM
yeah, i agree with the too many bullets for a kill issue. And the team balancing is bullshit in the middle of the match. Especially if your on a winning team.

CORPSE CRISIS
03-01-2009, 04:57 AM
id rather see co op in the campaign missions or the instant action maps when the come out as dlc.

shadow sniper
03-01-2009, 09:50 PM
I rented this game and if it was anything like the 1st game I would buy it.I mean come on.Wheres capture the flag?Wheres the slow mo game types?Why are the controls all messed up?!Where is the type 7 and G2A2???

asnaz11
03-01-2009, 11:16 PM
I wish I had Live...getting a job in 1 week, so hopefully I can get it soon! Keep playing lol and hopefully I'll be able to say I got a gamertag..

iiTz
03-01-2009, 11:57 PM
To be honest, the first FEAR had unique MP. Grats on FEAR 2 for throwing it all out. FEAR 2 has nothing to call its own, it doesn't have wall bouncing shotty ownage like GEARS, it doesn't bring anything like COD4, something that keeps your on your toes or rewards constant precision, or any gravity defying supersoldiers decked out with a wide and unique arsenal.

All in all, FEAR 2 is just your generic shooter. There just isn't anything unique. Maybe thats why you like it but that's why I hate it.
It would be different if they had Slo Mo or Instant Action, too bad they didn't this time.

yosambo
03-03-2009, 05:16 AM
I think that is why I like it so much. But believe me, I can see the flaws and the more I play the less interested I am with it. Some of the achievements are not only old and tired but downright stupid. Do you know how hard it will be to be the only person on your team to capture a "phlag". That's just retarded. The only way you could do that is to boost it. The campaign was excellent, and multiplayer is fun to an extent. I've probably put a 1000 hours into gears 1 (I know there are people out that that have played way longer than that) and the same for Halo 3. Both good games in their own right, but sometimes a break from the main stream is good. Some people love World of Warcraft. I love Final Fantasy XI.

xEndriux
03-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Did they think that giving us an absurd achievement with 1milion points
means people play this game for long time ?
They obtained the opposite effect.
I stopped to play FEAR 2 at 810, this game merit that nothing more

iiTz
03-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Basically, Monolith gets the Fuck Up of the Year Award-they wanted to give a little bit of length with the achievement.
Now, people too casual/lazy to boost quit it, and the boosters are busting their humps so they will never have to play again.

Heh.
Shoulda kept it at 100 thou imo.

sk8circa666
03-12-2009, 06:03 AM
i think one main reason you couldnt find anyone is because the server is all f'd up and no one can connect to any games. it keeps telling everyone the game failed to connect to the arbitrary server and boots them back to the main menu. i myself tried for about 20 mins to play 1 MP match with no luck whatsoever.

KemicalSupreme
03-12-2009, 02:07 PM
I think Im trading the game in. Loved the single player, multiplayer achievements arent very user friendly. They cant expect people to play 200 + hours normally to get there achievements.

squid5580
03-12-2009, 04:30 PM
i think one main reason you couldnt find anyone is because the server is all f'd up and no one can connect to any games. it keeps telling everyone the game failed to connect to the arbitrary server and boots them back to the main menu. i myself tried for about 20 mins to play 1 MP match with no luck whatsoever.

Although it sucked it only happened the once and seems to be fixed now. My suggestion is anyone going for the full 1000 get at it now. You might be hard pressed to find a group within the next month. It is the most generic multiplayer I have ever played. The only mode that appears half assed interesting is armored front and it is so unbalanced it isn't funny.

the_b1ues
03-12-2009, 04:34 PM
I mainly play gears but ive i need a break ill have a few hours on this. But ive given up on the ranking.

BluntmanX
03-26-2009, 08:37 AM
In my opinion, F.E.A.R. 2 had an awesome single player mode, I loved every second of it. They went way too over board with the ranking system/achievements. I've never even spent 200+ hours on FF8 and I loved that game. lol

Plus the fact that servers are dying so quick, makes it even harder..the way servers have been the past few days, it'll be completely dead soon.

Elektrohazard
03-27-2009, 08:14 PM
If they made the online less laggy, and maybe did a better job with maps, I think it could take down Gears of Wars.

Baryonyx
03-29-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm not surprised to see the popularity waning. After the first F.E.A.R games gave me such high hopes, this one just dashed them on the rocks!

Fizzmatix
03-31-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm not surprised to see the popularity waning. After the first F.E.A.R games gave me such high hopes, this one just dashed them on the rocks!

I can't really say i'm to surprised either, the multiplayer is pretty shoddy. As well as pretty unrealistic, got to admit once I have boosted the online achievements seeing as i'm having issues unlocking them now for some reason I wont be playing this game ever again.

So far more kills than deaths wont unlock which is irritating and get 20 kills in a match still wont unlock. And yes i'm playing ranked before someone jumps in with a smart ass comment.

Ah well, back to the shelf it goes.

X monkfish69 X
04-02-2009, 02:02 PM
I've only played two matches on FEAR 2 multiplayer and only one of those was ranked. The thing that put me off the most was the lag, but I don't know if that was down to the host or whether it was a Monolith hosted server and the lag was there.... I'll try again later today with the multiplayer seeing as I have now completed the game on Hard difficulty. I really only have a couple of things to find for the single player and also to get the 4 kills with one grenade achievement. Other than that, I need all multiplayer achievements next, but if the servers are f*cked, or the game is still laggy for me, I'll just trade the game in and f*ck the rest of the multiplayer achievements off.

yosambo
04-04-2009, 06:40 PM
It's so hard for me to trade this game in after having payed 60$ for it and waiting for so many months. I pre-ordered it. I'm gonna wait till the new maps come out and hopefully they'll fix several of the MP issues. I don't think it's even been out 2 months and it's online community is dying rapidly.

CyanideSpirit
04-11-2009, 05:57 AM
This is a very fun game, can't see why nobody wants to play

Teh BeZ
04-12-2009, 10:26 AM
This is a very fun game, can't see why nobody wants to play

I totally agree I actually love this game online and offline ,but looks like Were part of a minority =P

Elektrohazard
04-12-2009, 09:29 PM
This totally failed, I can't even get a match anymore.

yosambo
04-18-2009, 03:18 AM
Same here as I knew it would. I even posted that I would be hosting the new maps tonight, and know one is one. I fucking loathe Microsoft, and Monolith can only make good single player games. Still no advertisements for the new maps on XBL.

Steadysphere
04-19-2009, 11:12 AM
I think it's pretty decent online, I had much more fun with it than Halo 3 and I could actually join a game unlike Gears 2 and the new Toy Soldiers Map is pretty funny (and free) but the only problem is that there aren't enough players playing it, and the maps are designed with more players in mind, meaning a couple of games it felt deserted. But it's a very fun multiplayer mode and why more people don't play it is beyond me. I don't see much difference between more popular multiplayer modes like Halo and CoD compared to ones like this and the first F.E.A.R., which are just as servicable yet not played as much.

Tartan Martin
05-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Its a fairly decent game but there is a distinct lack of imagination on the part of the developers on many of the 14 missions. Far too many time the enemy AI was either too ridiculous to be believes or a recycled repetition of previous missions.

Chapter 12 where you have to defeat the snipers, then the enemy with the laser weapon and then climb into the armoured unit so that you get to a hole in the wall literally around the next corner could easily have been either better thought out or combined with mission 13.

Mission 13 could easily have had a reduction in length and many of the other mission had far too many repetitive elements in it to warrant it being a really awesome game - pretty decent but nothing that grand. Just my 2 cents worth...

Quasar281
06-04-2009, 01:15 PM
I rented this game just to play the Toy Soilders map pack. I remember playing counter-strike and loved those types of maps. Since then, I've bought FEAR 2 and enjoy the multiplayer a lot, but the lack of people playing it is rough.

Now that I Verizon FIOS (20Mb Down/5Mb Up) I can host games very easily with no lag. I plan to host a bunch of ranked matches to get all the multiplayer achievements. I've got to round up some players and set a time to play. Any one up for boosting?

yosambo
06-11-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm not up for boosting, but I am up for playing add me on XBL and message me for FEAR2. Gamertag is CRYMS0N GH0ST, the o's are zeroes.