PDA

View Full Version : Question about achievement for using 1 weapon

manzarek
02-28-2009, 03:12 PM
For the achievement where u use only 1 weapon on a mission does this inculde not being able to use the ninjitsu?

cra
02-28-2009, 03:29 PM
no of course you can and must use ninjutsu. otherwise you won't be able to finish any level, since fire is blocking your path anywhere in the level and you must use the wind shuriken to put it out.

manzarek
02-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks, but what i mean is can you use the ninjitsu to kill the swarms of bats as they are really getting on my nerves lol

cra
02-28-2009, 05:50 PM
well don't have the achv yet, but i think so. in case just write a pm to rewmac or hint. one of them should answer it for sure.

orichi77
03-01-2009, 01:57 AM
Yes,you can use any of the ninjitsu to kill the carriers. Only requirement for the achievement seems to be that you have to stick to one weapon type when you melee them.

NorseForce28
04-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Yes,you can use any of the ninjitsu to kill the carriers. Only requirement for the achievement seems to be that you have to stick to one weapon type when you melee them.

I've done that plenty of times, yet I have no achievement. The only times I pull out different blades are the ones used to grapple, other than that I use the stonerender the entire mission. Anyone having any problems getting this as well?

JieXY
04-13-2009, 10:13 PM
You have to do this for the entire game, not only for a single mission. And for Mission 8, you must use Ninja Blade.

BlackDragon
04-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I just got it, and I frequently used Jutsu... particularly since the 'one weapon' is, in every mission except 8, the Stonerender, which kinda' sucks at killing bats - so a quick blast of the Wind Shuriken is needed to solves that. In fact, the worst part of the entire run was that bit in Chapter 7 where you temporarily loose all your Ninjutsu-gems - on your way to get the Wind Shuriken, there's a chasm. With a flock of bats. And two Carriers with Ball Lightning Guns on the other side. Damn that was a pain...

(I've seen the Twin Falcon Knives recommended over the Stonerender for Mission 4... but I can't figure out WHY. Not only do you run into those stone-shield Carriers on occasion, the Stonerender also does a great job of batting fireflies off of the wings, and it works just bril at cutting up the hydra-heads.)

JieXY
04-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Yeah, I just got it, and I frequently used Jutsu... particularly since the 'one weapon' is, in every mission except 8, the Stonerender, which kinda' sucks at killing bats - so a quick blast of the Wind Shuriken is needed to solves that. In fact, the worst part of the entire run was that bit in Chapter 7 where you temporarily loose all your Ninjutsu-gems - on your way to get the Wind Shuriken, there's a chasm. With a flock of bats. And two Carriers with Ball Lightning Guns on the other side. Damn that was a pain...

(I've seen the Twin Falcon Knives recommended over the Stonerender for Mission 4... but I can't figure out WHY. Not only do you run into those stone-shield Carriers on occasion, the Stonerender also does a great job of batting fireflies off of the wings, and it works just bril at cutting up the hydra-heads.)

Battling Hydra with TFK enables you to easily deflect lightening and fire balls. When facing carriers with shield, just attack them with LT+X (hold LT, repeatedly press X). Three hits, and shield is gone. Note: TFK's RT+X (or Y, can't remember) move won't be deflected by shield or hard shell.

Joeker96
04-15-2009, 05:19 PM
This achievement should be easy for me as I have it on easy and are using the Moonlight sword. I reccomend this as the enimies are 1 hit kills. Easy.As.Pie.

Thumb Machine
05-11-2009, 12:14 PM
i have a question for anyone who knows the answer, i'm just starting again from the beginning of the game and playing with 1 sword but i keep using the twin falcons by accident, then when i realize i restart from the last checkpoint. So my question is this, if i use a different sword by accident do i have to restart the whole mission again or can i just load the last checkpoint??

I don't wanna keep doing this and then not get the achievement so anyone who knows i would be grateful

JieXY
05-11-2009, 03:26 PM
I don't think anyone has a definite answer. The best way is to restart the mission if you can't remember if you have used other weapons. Better stick a note on TV screen telling yourself press left (D-pad) before attacking.

Thumb Machine
05-11-2009, 05:09 PM
ok better safe than sorry i suppose, thanks

Filter x360a
05-11-2009, 05:31 PM
i have a question for anyone who knows the answer, i'm just starting again from the beginning of the game and playing with 1 sword but i keep using the twin falcons by accident, then when i realize i restart from the last checkpoint. So my question is this, if i use a different sword by accident do i have to restart the whole mission again or can i just load the last checkpoint??

I don't wanna keep doing this and then not get the achievement so anyone who knows i would be grateful

The answer is no, you can NOT just restart the last checkpoint. I did this on mission 7 and tried restarting the checkpoint, beat the mission - then the game - and no achievement. I went back played mission 7 without goofing and got the achievement at the end.

Hope that helps.

FX.

Thumb Machine
05-12-2009, 11:15 PM
yeah it helps thanks

drakengod
07-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Ok so before I came here for help I decided to beat the game twice before looking for help. I read the forums and tried 2 more times. carefully went through the entire game ensuring that I killed enemies before I jumped gaps w/ dual knives and made absolute sure I used the stonerender. I've become ridiculously adept at beating this game. I just got done doing this for the 8th time and am about break this game into a million pieces. I play w/ lvl 5 stonerender thru n thru. I've used ninjitsu to be cautious. I'm running out of patience w/ this game and all I need is this ach. to complete this game (including last emblem so 2 ach.) and I don't know what else to do. I've already patched the game now and it was before I was even trying to ach. this. someone please tell me you have a miracle answer for me cuz I should be halfway through overlord II by now but am stuck on this crap.

cra
07-29-2009, 06:04 AM
try a new savefile, since you are now adept at this game( i know exactly how you feel) beating it again with a fresh save should take around 5-6h since you have to probably repeat 1-2 missions :) if it does not unlock then, you encountered a major bug.

drakengod
07-29-2009, 11:46 PM
try a new savefile, since you are now adept at this game( i know exactly how you feel) beating it again with a fresh save should take around 5-6h since you have to probably repeat 1-2 missions :) if it does not unlock then, you encountered a major bug.

LOL. After the 10th time I finally gave up on my current savefile & have now started a new one from scratch on easy. Hopefully this works. I will let you know if it does :woop:

drakengod
07-30-2009, 02:57 AM
Ok so beat it on a new save file on easy and nothing happened at the end. I have accumulated over 110 missions beat and over 60hrs of gameplay. To be 2 simple ach's away from 1000/1000 and having to walk away because I feel like I'm going to hunt down the team FROM SOFTWARE and kill them all. I don't want to do it but I've wasted countless hrs and have ach. nothing from it. I know its not me. 110 missions later and making damn sure I was using the same weapon over and over, killing things between gaps to make sure. I'm at a serious loss, pissed and heartbroken over sooo many hrs wasted. I want to break this game in two and light it on fire. But fortunately and unfortunately its not mine. I borrowed it from a friend thank god money not wasted.

One last thing, is it possible because it is a used game that there could be something wrong w/ the game itself that it won't unlock. I find this unlikely but I really don't want to walk away from a perfect game (50/50).

:uzi: FROM SOFTWARE
:uzi:FROM SOFTWARE
:uzi:FROM SOFTWARE

I hope they never make another game again. I swear I'm not an angry person but when failure is present and it has to deal w/ something I have no control over it happens. Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

cra
07-30-2009, 09:22 AM
a friend of mine completed 3 runs on hard and didn't get the achievement for it. and from software will make games, looking forward a new Tenchu game hopefully with good graphics ;)

drakengod
07-31-2009, 02:13 PM
I hope someone else makes tenchu, I'm a fan of the game would like to see it do well.

Snake Eyes1499
02-12-2010, 05:04 PM
You can't upgrade during the mission or it won't count, as I found out going for the collectable on the first mission