PDA

View Full Version : walk off winner achievement

madd4
03-02-2009, 08:35 AM
it says in the achievementguide that its best done on mission 7 with the scarab. and that i just need to kill it with a mac blast well i done that a several times now but i still dont got the achievement. what am i doing wrong :confused: i hope some1 can give some more info bout getting this achievement cause its getting annoying now to get it.
hmm now i think bout it i didnt kill all flying vehicles round the scarab maybe that is the problem ??? i realy hope some1 can help

greetz madd4 :uzi:

IC3 L3G3ND
03-02-2009, 09:02 AM
i got this without even knowing it was an achievement but doing it on the scarad won't work surely as it has to be the last unit that you take out, best bet would be start a skirmish game and rush the base really fast against someone like Capt Cutter and just send your initial vehicile straight to his base and carpet bomb his starting vehicle and the ach should pop.

Tiberian
03-02-2009, 09:21 AM
You can do this one in skirmish. Just fire up skirmish, play as captain cutter, easy AI, shouldn't take more than 5 mins. The AI will build hardly any units, just build a supply pad, reactor and scout the enemy base. Sometimes all it will have is a Warthog, nothing else. If it does have more than 1 unit, just kill it all off and wait til it builds one unit then give it a mac blast.

I didn't even know this could be done in single player... Easier to do it in skirmish anyhow.

madd4
03-03-2009, 04:09 PM
ive tried what u said but it wont work for me everytime he has more than 1 unit when i come at his base but i was thinking can i do this online with a friend in a 1vs 1 match ?? my english is very bad so maybe i understanded it wrong how to do it but i still keep trying

Psymox
03-03-2009, 04:22 PM
If you do the advanced tutorial, at the end you get to use the Prophets cleansing beam on a small army. As it it the last part of the tutorial the achievement will pop if you kill the last unit with it. :-p Minimal effort by far.

moomoomashoo
03-03-2009, 05:17 PM
I got yesterday against the Super Scarab. Killed it with the Mac Blast, got both Walk Off Winner and Micro Manager achievements.

Just saying it can be done. I don't know what you're doing wrong.

Muse89
03-03-2009, 09:12 PM
I just got this one a few minutes ago
was just seeing what the skirmish games were like, was messing around with the mac cannon and *pop* up it came =]

bloodswan
03-03-2009, 09:17 PM
I got the achievement without even planning to by taking out the scarab with the mac blast so it should work. Don't move from your base just stay there and fire so no other covenant units will be in your line of sight.

Tristan
03-03-2009, 10:57 PM
I got this achievement randomly, didnt even know what it was! I was playing live with a friend and just carpet bombed his 2 locusts and bing! The achievement pops up! Guess I was just lucky! Good luck getting it though.