PDA

View Full Version : Need Aesop?

mistical
03-02-2009, 01:51 PM
My last great person happened to be Aesop. I was not able to find much help on getting him (I know it is random, etc) so I am writing how I was finally able to get him in "one try".

I had tried using the same systems as have widely been posted here by others as well as TheMystic's video and elsewhere to gain him but with no luck after many hours of playing/trying.

Here's how I ended up getting Aesop: Instead of playing a scenario I played just a regular single player game (new game) and selected to play as the French. Right away research Alphabet in order to get Writing. Once you can research Writing, research it. After you have researched Writing switch all (though I did this with 1 city, recommend it and it is faster) city's production to gold instead of science (turning off science) so they no longer research anything else.

While you are doing this, make sure to build all the necessary buildings/wonders to build your culture even more too.

I was able to finally get him with the French after hours and hours of trying to get him with the English, Greeks, Romans.

I know this is all random but to those trying to get Aesop, I hope you are able to obtain him this way and do not waste many hours trying another way (not that they are bad ways either, they work great for other great people). Aesop ended up being my 4th great person while trying this scenario.

Partybish
07-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks for posting, he's my last GP...hope I get him by doing this!! ;)

Partybish
07-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Finally got him by going for a cultural victory (maxing culture by getting temples, cathedrals and courthouses and researching cultural tech like Printing Press) with the English on King difficulty and playing the 'Golden Age' scenario where GP's are supposed to appear more frequently....unfortunately on King they don't appear that frequently and it took me a good few hours - I think he was like my 13th GP to appear so I wouldn't use this method if I was you.

Still, I finally got the acheivement!! :)