PDA

View Full Version : A new idea for the home page

benbam87
03-03-2009, 12:48 AM
A new idea for the home page

What do you guys think about having a new part of the Media/review/achievement section on the home page. I was thinking of a new tab that would have achievements that will soon become unattainable, like NBA 06 how the servers went offline. You could also use it for achievements that need specific day for it like the Community Day ones on the Need For Speed series. I am aware that they would have threads in the forum regarding these things but if your not playing the game at the time you do not look at the forums and may miss them, where if they were on the home page all together you would have a much better chance of of spotting it. What do you guys think?

dakisbac
03-03-2009, 01:01 AM
I think more of a calendar feature. On that you could put stuff like "last day of online for NBA Live 06", "community race day in NFS Prostreet", "x360a subscribers UNO tournament", "NBA Live 07 1000 attempt" and maybe release dates as well. It's all fine and dandy just writing that a game is coming out on Mar 3, but if there's a calendar that I can see it marked on I'll remember a lot better.

arasma
03-03-2009, 07:20 PM
I think thats a good idea, I think people would be more likely to get involved if they know when an event is. :P

RuggersAssassin
03-03-2009, 08:19 PM
A Calendar is a good idea. Its a lot of work to keep up though. Would we put in every gaming event as that would be a lot to keep up with. You would need a dedicated person and someone who his always up to date. Seems like a lot more work than it looks like.

benbam87
03-07-2009, 03:42 AM
Yes it would be a lot of work but I would think that it would be very much worth it in the long run

Eternal
03-07-2009, 11:26 AM
We would need someone dedicated to putting these sort of things on a calender.

Minty
03-07-2009, 03:58 PM
These things tend to get a news article... it doesnt really happen all year round.

Contrah
03-07-2009, 04:06 PM
We would need someone dedicated to putting these sort of things on a calender.

I would happily help.

Jappe XBA
03-07-2009, 05:47 PM
These things tend to get a news article... it doesnt really happen all year round.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of those events in a news article and theres not much of them in one year, so I don't think it should be bothered to make a calendar for a few events in a year. You can see them in news articles :p

BooseyGirl
03-08-2009, 04:54 AM
I agree with Ben and Xoda, it's something that should be featured on the main page and the calendar at the same time, that way people are more likely to see it if they don't check one or the other regularly.

Minty
03-08-2009, 01:38 PM
If they check the front page they can see the news....

The only games that tend to have the servers shut off are sports ga,esm ad they tend to have the servers turned off when the next edition comes out. Its not like theres one a week or anything here, theres not enough to warrant a calendar.