PDA

View Full Version : Just got the game

SilverSluggerMZ
03-03-2009, 06:37 AM
I've only played one offline game, but wow, you can tell 2K is taking this game to the next level. I have never EVER been a fan of ANY 2K games, but the graphics are just outstanding in HD, the commentators (Steve Phillips) are more interesting to listen to, and the depth of the game is very unique. It also allows your roster to be auto-updated on a regular basis.

So far, best baseball game they have made by far and I love it.

SilverSluggerMZ -- add me for achievements

irift3
03-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Really? Did you play MLB 2K8 and did you like it or hate it. I am starting to think that everybody wants a shiny game rather than a good game.

sports_guy212
03-03-2009, 07:11 PM
i just picked it up myself this morning and its good so far, hard to say how good it will be in a month or two, but like irift said, its new and shiny... graphics are great, the player signatures are a nice touch...so far so good for me

SilverSluggerMZ
03-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Lets be honest, 2K is mediocre regardless of anything I just said. The game is headed in the right direction compared to previous years don't you think? I mean I played 2K6, 2K7 and 2K8 and this game is a big step up from last year. I still would prefer EA to come back.

Caleel
03-03-2009, 08:46 PM
I had 2k8 I liked it but I prefered 2k7 better But...heres the golden question is 2k9 better? Why yes...it plays like 2k7 smoother and I love the controls its alot easier to control than 2k8 was. Even using the new Total Control its easier I still use Classic becuase thats what I love but every so often I have the urge to try Total Control now.

I havent tried multiplayer yet. But single my god the camera movements and loading time its sooo much smoother. The commentary also is good. The little things players do it feels almost like im watching a real baseball game. They added little things like a actualy batboy who comes in and picks up the bat from the last batter up its just amazing.

Dont judge me just yet as Ive only played 3 games so far. And I played it at midnight when it first came out Ill let you guys know as I play further.

Caleel
03-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Ahh yes I forgot to mention THE MENU SYSTEM SUCKS This year IMO. Its just dumb the interface. I prefered the old one or maybe im just used to it I dont know...it seems like they wanted to go all out and make it feel modern...

CAFF31N3
03-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Ahh yes I forgot to mention THE MENU SYSTEM SUCKS This year IMO. Its just dumb the interface.

I AGREE 100% the menu system is freaken Horrible!

sports_guy212
03-03-2009, 11:12 PM
i would have to agree that the menu system is difficult...i think its just significantly different than what were all used to which makes it more challenging. after awhile im sure we'll be used to it, but overall it kinda sucks