PDA

View Full Version : Idea for subscribers/staff

devlin
03-03-2009, 10:07 AM
I was thinking, some people don't have the finances to buy/rent games, some are also to young to do it. So I had a little idea for the trusted Subscribers, trusted members and staff members.

What it is, is a borrowing service. Where trusted subscribers, staff and normal but trusted members that have been given permission by staff, send each other a game for a game. Via the post.

Now obviously, someone in the UK wouldn't send someone in the USA a game, so we can have two tiers. A UK service, where UK members send their games to (you guessed it) UK members and same for the USA.

Now obviously your thinking...people are gonna scam. But I believe trusted subscribers/members won't scam, because they treasure their accounts here. And we know Staff wouldn't scam.

How will this work?
One way could be by setting up a new forum. All the information one would need will be stickied. To request a game from someone you would make a thread entitled (for example)...

Thread title: Requesting Fallout 3
Thread content: Looking for someone who has Fallout 3, willing to swap for Gears 2, Mass Effect, FarCry2....etc. Willing to swap for 2 week. (Something along those lines).

Someone may want one of his games and may be willing to swap with him for however long. All must be decided in the thread though, for staff to oversee. This can be brainstormed further but I believe there is a quality framework here for a good idea.

The Pants Party
03-03-2009, 01:29 PM
There are already trading/request threads in the subscriber forum, dev... they're stickied even. :p

devlin
03-03-2009, 02:22 PM
There are already trading/request threads in the subscriber forum, dev... they're stickied even. :p
Yeah, but I didn't think game swapping was handled on the forum at all. My prior opinion on this was that it was a little sketchy as there a scammers about, so I didn't really think there would of been a system already running.

Anyway, thanks :P

M85A21
03-03-2009, 02:24 PM
That's a really good idea..But you have to be a subscriber to do this then?

devlin
03-03-2009, 02:27 PM
If your not a subscriber/staff, I'd say members would only be eligible to do it with staff permission. They know if your a loyal/trustworthy member.

However I think TPP has already wrapped it up :(

[Waggly Bean]
03-03-2009, 02:57 PM

You have to be a subscriber to do the current idea, as this stickied thread Pants is talking about is on the subscriber section of the forum, which will only magically appear to you when you subscribe! :p

Andrew x360a
03-03-2009, 05:43 PM
My understanding was that we didn't have something like this open to all the members because x360a doesn't want to have to handle the fallout if someone got scammed or stiffed. The staff have other things to worry about and the potential for something messy happening with +30,000 members is just too high.

Minty
03-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Pants has said it...we don't and will not offer it to everyone. People who have been subscribers for (I think) 3 months have this service available to them as they have shown some loyalty to the site.