PDA

View Full Version : Printable guide idea + issue

loozered
03-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Just two simple little things i wanted to put out there.
Firstly, when you click on the "[Printable Version]" button on a game's guide page, it doesn't show the road map. I know that the road maps are a new feature and all that, but there just as (if not moreso) helpful as the achievement guide, and i reckon they should both be printable together. And i figure it can't take much to rectify that, no? Just a simple easy thing that would be benefitial in my eyes.

Secondly, on the printable pages, there's an italicised footer that says "Copyright 2005-2008 This Guide may NOT be reproduced under any circumstances without the permission of the author and Xbox360Achievements.org" Surely that needs changed to 2009, or else it seems though the copyright has expired? i'm not tech-savvy enough myself, but i know there's some simple code that you can put in so that it'll always display the current year, so you won't have to manually change it yearly or whatever.

just my two cents, hope its helpful

loozered
03-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Hello?
anyone?

Jappe XBA
03-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Go to the main page and scroll down, you see that there is a copyright that says 2007! :eek: That should also be changed. :p

Ingles
03-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Hello?
anyone?

First off, CHILL OUT!! Just because someone doesn't reply back to your post within seconds doesn't give you the right to sound like a prick about it!! Thanks for pointing those things out. I'm sure the admins will see that everything is changed and updated as it should be.

loozered
03-06-2009, 03:01 PM
First off, CHILL OUT!! Just because someone doesn't reply back to your post within seconds doesn't give you the right to sound like a prick about it!! Thanks for pointing those things out. I'm sure the admins will see that everything is changed and updated as it should be.
i don't believe i got was angry or aggressive at all, and definitely didn't warrant that reply from you. If you took the time to check, you'd see my posts are three days apart, hence why i bumped this thread. I'd noticed that pretty much every other thread in the Feedback forum had replies, some really quick, and i just wanted to bump this to prevent it getting lost in the ether.

Ingles
03-06-2009, 03:09 PM
i don't believe i got was angry or aggressive at all, and definitely didn't warrant that reply from you. If you took the time to check, you'd see my posts are three days apart, hence why i bumped this thread. I'd noticed that pretty much every other thread in the Feedback forum had replies, some really quick, and i just wanted to bump this to prevent it getting lost in the ether.

My apologies but it sounded as such. Besides, clicking "Contact Us" on the main homepage would have shown you a contact list for the admins and webmaster. A simple email or PM to one of them would have more directly brought the issue to their attention. As I mentioned, I'm sure they are either aware of it or it's slipped their mind with all the bigger projects on the horizon. It would also save them the hassle of searching through multiple threads within the forums to find things such as this. Again thank you, I'm sure it's just slipped their minds and that it will be updated in the near future.

Jappe XBA
03-06-2009, 04:49 PM

That didn't seem any prick to me...
clicking "Contact Us" on the main homepage would have shown you a contact list for the admins and webmaster. A simple email or PM to one of them would have more directly brought the issue to their attention. It would also save them the hassle of searching through multiple threads within the forums to find things such as this.

All the messages I've sent to the admins through the emails seen in Contact us page, were replied in few days. I'm not doing it anymor,e because if I post it to the forums, I get opinions from other members about the issue and also admins may answer to the question after a couple of hours, not days like in emails usually. Also, it's not so big of a hassle to check the forums Feedback part where you are admin, because I'm sure the admins want to see what Feedback users post because there exists a forum named Feedback :p

Sorry for my unclear language if you didnt get my point :D

Scotian Bred
03-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Somebody already mentioned the fact that the Road Maps weren't printable along with the Achievement Guides. It's in the subscriber thread, but by not being a subscriber you obviously didn't know this.

But good looking out about the copyright dates!

P.S - By double posting your own thread to, bump it/get it noticed, is uncool. Try to wait longer then 25 minutes for a response from someone. It will help out your longevity here. Double posting is an Internet forum no no.

I went a did a google search and found this, I don't know if it's true or not but it's a fun factoid.

Copyright normally lasts in literary, dramatic or musical works, for 70 years from the end of the year that the creator dies. Copyright expires on the 31st December of that 70th year - it does not (for example) expire in the middle of the year.

Ingles
03-06-2009, 07:07 PM
All the messages I've sent to the admins through the emails seen in Contact us page, were replied in few days. I'm not doing it anymor,e because if I post it to the forums, I get opinions from other members about the issue and also admins may answer to the question after a couple of hours, not days like in emails usually. Also, it's not so big of a hassle to check the forums Feedback part where you are admin, because I'm sure the admins want to see what Feedback users post because there exists a forum named Feedback :p

Sorry for my unclear language if you didnt get my point :D

One could argue that one way is faster than the other.... sure. If you send an email or PM, you're guaranteed a reply. Starting up a new thread is a hit/miss because like he mentioned, people may never respond to the thread. Some may never see it at all with all the various different posts going on simultaneously. A new thread could get bumped down the list very quickly as a matter of fact. I was simply making a recommendation so that he would have a better shot of getting a response back. Sure it's going to take a while as the admins are very busy people on this site. It's easily understandable for a community as large as x360a is.

I never said that the admins did not want to see what feedback members are writing because all that information is crucial to the success of x360a. Not sure where you got that from or if you just like stating the obvious.

And no, your language is not unclear and I understood your point perfectly well. :)

P.S - By double posting your own thread to, bump it/get it noticed, is uncool. Try to wait longer then 25 minutes for a response from someone. It will help out your longevity here. Double posting is an Internet forum no no.

It is actually 3 days later he made the second post depending on the time zone different people may be in. I think this was my initial misconception as well because at first glance it does look like it's only 25 minutes later. This is why it seemed a bit absurd and unnecessary for him to make a second post but that was my fault in the misunderstanding which I why I said "My apologies" in the second post replying back. What do ya know? We're all human. :p

loozered
03-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Somebody already mentioned the fact that the Road Maps weren't printable along with the Achievement Guides. It's in the subscriber thread, but by not being a subscriber you obviously didn't know this.

But good looking out about the copyright dates!

I went a did a google search and found this, I don't know if it's true or not but it's a fun factoid.
ah no, i hadn't realised that it'd already been suggested. Did a search and didn't find anything, but yeah, not being a subscriber is a bit prohibitive.

I did wait longer than 25 minutes ;) It's just that i normally check forums and stuff on my lunch break, so i often post at the same time of the day. But as pointed it, it's a three day bump, not a few minutes. I know double posting is wrong, but as i said, i was worried it was gunna fall onto page 2, and then gone forever, so felt the need to bump it. Should've maybe explained that in the first place but nonetheless.

And what you've googled is true, read it recently about the rights to Popeye going up for auction because it had been 70 years. But... copyrights can expire during the authors lifetime, and if they don't renew it, it's no longer their property. i think

Season
03-06-2009, 10:56 PM
He didn't sound like a prick. The only person who is rushing and acting like a prick is you.

Scotian Bred
03-07-2009, 12:28 AM
I did wait longer than 25 minutes ;)

I noticed. :p Sorry for hopping on your back so quick, I guess I just like the furriness of it.

It is however odd that nobody replied, you must've posted to early in the mourning when everyone is asleep from a long night of gaming.

loozered
03-07-2009, 12:41 AM
I noticed. :p Sorry for hopping on your back so quick, I guess I just like the furriness of it.

It is however odd that nobody replied, you must've posted to early in the mourning when everyone is asleep from a long night of gaming.
well i like the warmth of you back there. It's like a lovely fresh cardigan!

Well i posted lunchtime here, in the UK, so i guess for you North Americans that would be in the morning.

Is this gunna be sorted out then? or what?