PDA

View Full Version : Pitching Problems

IN5TANT CLASS1C
03-04-2009, 12:15 AM
I changed the pitching to classic and I am having so many problems. No matter where I put the ball the yellow circle stays in the middle. How do you pitch on classic. I thought the yellow circle was suppsoed to be around the ball. Not stay in the middle of the strikezone. I keep giving up homeruns. Some one please help.

SengIV
03-04-2009, 12:48 AM
I changed the pitching to classic and I am having so many problems. No matter where I put the ball the yellow circle stays in the middle. How do you pitch on classic. I thought the yellow circle was suppsoed to be around the ball. Not stay in the middle of the strikezone. I keep giving up homeruns. Some one please help.

The yellow circle is your accuracy meter. Move the left thumbstick around to find a better spot.

Tripl299
03-04-2009, 02:54 AM
I'm also having problems with the pitching. I do the samething but sometimes he throws a strike but most of the time he is throwing the ball all over the place. Is there a certain to release the button then press it again or something like that?

sleepingrhino
03-04-2009, 10:59 PM
So I am having the same issue... I've played all the MLB2k's and I have no idea how to pitch in this one...

When do you release the pitch (yellow circle) how do you HIT spots...

Do you move the left thumbstick as you are throwing... the yellow spot will still remain in the middle.

HELP PLEASE!!!

SengIV
03-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Again, the yellow circle does not mess with your aim. What matters is when you move the thumbstick around pre pitch and see where it goes to. Then press a button to pitch. Then press the button again. You will pitch in the direction you pushed the thumbstick.

The Cripplers
03-04-2009, 11:39 PM
They've completely changed classic pitching. It's horrible in 2K9. It's great if my goal was to bean batters though.

sleepingrhino
03-05-2009, 12:14 AM
Again, the yellow circle does not mess with your aim. What matters is when you move the thumbstick around pre pitch and see where it goes to. Then press a button to pitch. Then press the button again. You will pitch in the direction you pushed the thumbstick.

I know how to direct the pitch... However the problem is when do I release the pitch? The yellow circle grows big when do I stop? When do I press the second time for the acurracy... It used to be so tight why did they mess with theis, why...

Also even when you aim for a spot you will not always hit it... How do you hit the spot, with say a fastball...

How are you striking out batters?

Gdelectric
03-05-2009, 12:20 AM
I completely agree with sleepingrhino. I have mastered classic pitching on the other games and now I can't strikeout batters, hell, I can't get batters to swing and miss one time. They have changed up the pitching and completely screwed it up. If someone figures it out please clue me in because I'm sick of this.

SengIV
03-05-2009, 12:32 AM
I know how to direct the pitch... However the problem is when do I release the pitch? The yellow circle grows big when do I stop? When do I press the second time for the acurracy... It used to be so tight why did they mess with theis, why...

Also even when you aim for a spot you will not always hit it... How do you hit the spot, with say a fastball...

How are you striking out batters?

I press x for a slider then the second I see the yellow, press x again.

sleepingrhino
03-05-2009, 12:45 AM
I press x for a slider then the second I see the yellow, press x again.

So then you aren't putting much "spin" on your slider then, correct?

As all the old versions that would mean that you are putting more into the pitch... So basically throw a curve ball without the curve?

Are you getting a lot of K's this way?

SengIV
03-05-2009, 01:08 AM
So then you aren't putting much "spin" on your slider then, correct?

As all the old versions that would mean that you are putting more into the pitch... So basically throw a curve ball without the curve?

Are you getting a lot of K's this way?

Yes. And when I do my curveball this way it curves alot. I moved it far out and pressed it really fast and it hit the batter.

sleepingrhino
03-05-2009, 01:22 AM
See then I don't think that is the "correct' way to throw a pitch...

Unless you were trying for the inside and it went more inside... to hit the batter.

If you threw it towards the outside of the plate and it moved all in the way in to peg a batter, that leads me to think you threw a "wild pitch"

2K Why did you mess with the pitching, why?