PDA

View Full Version : King of the Hill??

SilverSluggerMZ
03-04-2009, 03:25 AM
Okay, seriously? This is a ridiculously hard achievement. The achievement states: Get to the top of the Best of the Best ladder in Home Run DerbyŽ Mode

Well, the first 10 batters are easy. Then I get to Mark Teixiera, and he hits about 10 homers a round. Anyone know what ballpark or what player to use? It's really hard. Has anyone tried it?

Du Werk
03-04-2009, 06:02 AM
took one wack at it and lost to Josh Hamilton. for 5G's this is a worthless one.

M4 NightHawk
03-04-2009, 12:56 PM
I used Beltran at Citi field but only played till like Texiera i think.. hit like 10-15 with him.

xXx3NIGM4xXx
03-04-2009, 08:03 PM
I don't have the game so I can't say I really understand the premise, but use Josh Hamilton (if you can) and play at the Rangers home park or Coors field. Very shallow parks from what I understand.

Tripl299
03-05-2009, 04:03 AM
I've only made it thru 10 batters so far, but here is a way to do it and make it through.

Goto your rosters, select Atlanta Braves. Then select Chipper Jones. Edit his batting stats to the max.

Then select Homerun Derby. Select Chipper Jones and make the Homerun Derby at Fenway Park. He is a switch hitter, so he will bat left handed. After every 5 batters you beat you will get the option to select another batter to use. Just keep using Chipper.

These are the batters that you will face for this achievement. Before you start, go into Management, then Rosters. Edit each of these players' batting stats for HR against left hand/right hand pitchers to zero. They won't hit any homeruns at all.

1. J. Morneau(Twins)
2. C. Pena(Rays)
3. C. Delgado(Mets)
4. C. Utley(Phillies)
5. E. Longoria(Rays)
6. C. Quentin(White Sox)
7. D. Wright(Mets)
8. V. Guerrero(Angels)
9. J. Hamilton(Rangers)
10. G. Sizemore(Indians)
11. M. Teixeira(Yankees)
12. D. Ortiz(Red Sox)
13. M. Cabrera(Tigers)
14. R. Braun(Brewers)
15. A. Dunn(Nationals)
16. P. Fielder(Brewers)
17. A. Pujols(Cardinals)
18. M. Ramirez(Free Agent, but with Live Roster will be on Dodgers)
19. A. Rodriguez(Yankees)
20. R. Howard(Phillies)

MaGiiK MaN
03-05-2009, 04:30 AM
I started this just for laughs with Jay Bruce(CIN) at the All Star stadium. I averaged about 13 HRs a round through the first 6 guys until I got bored of HRD. so I suggest him. He would be in the top 20 guys but he was called up last season and didn't play everyday.

SilverSluggerMZ
03-07-2009, 04:36 AM
I started this just for laughs with Jay Bruce(CIN) at the All Star stadium. I averaged about 13 HRs a round through the first 6 guys until I got bored of HRD. so I suggest him. He would be in the top 20 guys but he was called up last season and didn't play everyday.

It's not that simple. You start to lose stamina more rapidly as you get higher up and they start hitting more home runs. HAS ANYONE UNLOCKED THIS ACHIEVEMENT? It really is ridiculously hard.

SilverSluggerMZ
03-07-2009, 05:06 AM
This is such BS. I have changed Chipper Jones sliders to 100 Power Overall and he still can't get past David Ortiz. Please, someone, tell me how to do this damn achievement. It is frustrating me.

Ollie The Magic Bum
03-07-2009, 05:59 AM
Glad to see I wasn't the only one with this problem. I was averaging like 25 homers a round with Pat Burrell, and when I got to Texiera, I totally died. Is there a way to regain stamina?

SilverSluggerMZ
03-07-2009, 06:10 AM
Glad to see I wasn't the only one with this problem. I was averaging like 25 homers a round with Pat Burrell, and when I got to Texiera, I totally died. Is there a way to regain stamina?

I've tried taking a couple pitches and it never works. I passed Teixiera finally, but Big Papi hits 3 more than he does the next round. I have no idea how to do this.

Yomnad84
03-07-2009, 07:34 AM
I did this method and unlocked the achievement in under an hour works like a charm !!

I've only made it thru 10 batters so far, but here is a way to do it and make it through.

Goto your rosters, select Atlanta Braves. Then select Chipper Jones. Edit his batting stats to the max.

Then select Homerun Derby. Select Chipper Jones and make the Homerun Derby at Fenway Park. He is a switch hitter, so he will bat left handed. After every 5 batters you beat you will get the option to select another batter to use. Just keep using Chipper.

These are the batters that you will face for this achievement. Before you start, go into Management, then Rosters. Edit each of these players' batting stats for HR against left hand/right hand pitchers to zero. They won't hit any homeruns at all.

1. J. Morneau(Twins)
2. C. Pena(Rays)
3. C. Delgado(Mets)
4. C. Utley(Phillies)
5. E. Longoria(Rays)
6. C. Quentin(White Sox)
7. D. Wright(Mets)
8. V. Guerrero(Angels)
9. J. Hamilton(Rangers)
10. G. Sizemore(Indians)
11. M. Teixeira(Yankees)
12. D. Ortiz(Red Sox)
13. M. Cabrera(Tigers)
14. R. Braun(Brewers)
15. A. Dunn(Nationals)
16. P. Fielder(Brewers)
17. A. Pujols(Cardinals)
18. M. Ramirez(Free Agent, but with Live Roster will be on Dodgers)
19. A. Rodriguez(Yankees)
20. R. Howard(Phillies)

Elekid
03-07-2009, 07:56 AM
Does it HAVE to be Chipper Jones or was that just preferance? Doing what was suggested, it seems that I could do that with just about any player, no? Prince Fielder or Jim Thome would be my two picks if I can choose. If not, Chipper will do. *shrugs*

SilverSluggerMZ
03-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Does it HAVE to be Chipper Jones or was that just preferance? Doing what was suggested, it seems that I could do that with just about any player, no? Prince Fielder or Jim Thome would be my two picks if I can choose. If not, Chipper will do. *shrugs*

Any player will work.

joshv17
05-14-2009, 06:10 PM
is anybody having trouble finding manny ramirez? i can't seem to find him on the free agents list or the dogers roster now that he got suspended? i'm stuck

AftershockFx
05-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Did you try one of the minor league teams for the Dodgers ?

norcalsniper
05-16-2009, 12:46 AM
took one wack at it and lost to Josh Hamilton. for 5G's this is a worthless one.

Actually, this Achievement is worth about 165G because you cannot unlock all Cards without winning the Best of the Best and you also won't unlock Grand Poobah which alone is worth 150!

AzraelPC
06-02-2009, 04:10 PM
is anybody having trouble finding manny ramirez? i can't seem to find him on the free agents list or the dogers roster now that he got suspended? i'm stuck
Did you try one of the minor league teams for the Dodgers ?

He is on the Dodgers' Single-A team. I had to hunt him down too. :-)

I personally used one of my created players and edited him to 100 overall in everything and edited everyone else's power numbers to 0, so I can verify that it works for sure.