PDA

View Full Version : Do you want a Veteran Video Guide?

Darth Odan
11-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Self explanatory. I don't know where the poll options are, but oh well. Moving on, I'd be willing to make one, but I do not know the tools I would need to make it [It would take a while, since I'd have to go to my cousins house to play, and I will die a lot of times on Veteran...}

IceWarm
11-22-2006, 01:30 AM
A veteran video guide would be great. I think you'd need a video capture card or a video card with those capabilities. You'd then hook it up to your TV and use some sort of video capture software to record it to the computer. I believe Windows Movie Maker can capture video but I'm not sure. You could then use an audio recording program to record your commentary/tips and use Windows Movie Maker to put that audio into the video.

kormac
11-22-2006, 09:49 AM
hey that would be awesome darth. but if you dont have the stuff to do it dont worry, we appreciate the idea. if you DO have the desire to do it then there will be a LOT of people no doubt wanting to see this, me included of course lol. i vote for it!

thanks again if you can get this thing done :drunk

Darth Odan
11-22-2006, 05:54 PM
0_0 XD. Huh...I just thought you placed a camera and taped it...So far I have none of those things.

kormac
11-23-2006, 03:47 AM
yeah placing a camera works fine once you have it setup nicely etc. also so it's not in your way as you play of course. i personally don't mind the camera way. but there will be whingers who will complain it's not a direct capture of the screen etc. but 99% of people will appreicate a camera taped walkthrough since there is zero video walkthroughs out there. but as i said if you dont have the gear dont worry. us folk will just have to improve our gaming skillz :eek: hehehe!

Darth Odan
11-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Nah. I just need a 360 XD. Which, is being worked on. Hopefully by next week we'll take the 360 and the receipt and get a new one [YAY for guarantee]. And on the Christmas time area, take it to my Friend's house. He has the other stuff and bang. So, if all goes well, expect it on January 1. :D

Supaaafly
11-24-2006, 02:30 AM
If anyone should do a video guide for this game Darth, then your the man. Even though I've completed Vet, hope you go ahead with it cos it would be interesting to see.

kormac
11-24-2006, 04:12 PM
yep your the man darth. will definately be waiting for that present! hey you can add the video walkthrough to the offical site since they've said they are going to work on vid walkthroughs for various games :woop:

Darth Odan
11-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Woot :D I'm going to K-mart tomorrow to change my 360 :D :D :D :D!!!! I'll try to start the guide in early December, but in December 8 till 15 I can't do anything since I have Final Exams... :(

kormac
11-25-2006, 09:23 AM
ah man... i hated exams when i was in school and uni. well good luck on them darth!

Bomber v4
11-29-2006, 12:05 AM
Yes, a veteran video guide would be great. I can't even get past the first level on veteran

Darth Odan
11-29-2006, 12:55 AM
Good news :D! I got a new 360 :D :D :D! Now, all I need is to invite my friend over and have him um...."Lend" me the camcorder XD. Nah, near December 19 I'll try and start, and most propably by the 20th the first five levels will be up.

Bomber v4
11-29-2006, 01:37 AM
That sounds good

Zee
11-29-2006, 04:39 PM
No real need for it. Veteran is quite easy.

kormac
12-03-2006, 02:44 PM
thanks again darth odan. i may still have hope yet!

oh and thanks zee. im impressed it was that easy for you. i hope you don't mind if all us other mere mortals need a helping hand do ya? ;)

Darth Odan
12-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Lol. Yeah >_> Got the camera yesterday, might install it on the pc today or tomorrow and start taping the walkthrough. Might take a while, need to find a place where the quality looks good.

Sotaco
12-04-2006, 02:23 AM
When will you have them ????

Darth Odan
12-04-2006, 11:44 PM
Good news, I've got the camera, and will start tomorrow afternoon.

Bad news: I have finals next week, and when I found the perfect angle to shoot, it was too high and needed someone else to either hold the camera or have it stand on something.

J Lo
07-11-2007, 08:19 PM
*Sorry for resurrecting ahead of time, but this was never asked nor answered*

Hey Darth, did you ever get to make this video walkthrough because I can use one right about now. :p

EDIT

Well, I just talked to Darth over Xbox and he never made the walkthrough, so can someone please make a video walkthrough of this game on Veteran (especailly The Island where you have to get to the top of that hill because that's the part that I am stuck on.)

xVanished
07-12-2007, 11:19 PM
But he said he was making it!! >:(

What a big fat liar!!

Kidding.. You probably got pretty busy.. But I could use one.. Really need one to be honest. Thanks who anyone that makes it.

Darth Odan
07-12-2007, 11:25 PM
What I wanted to do was use a VGA cable to connect my 360 to my computer monitor, and record. But I didn't have either things.

Then, I thought about using a camera to record. Which at the time I didn't have. But, then I managed to get one. Sadly, my 360 got the Ring of Death. Had to wait a month to get a new one. They replaced it, and it came defective. SO, I had to wait two months to send it to the US of A. I got it back in June. Then I left on vacation and got back a few days.

It is possible for me to do the guide, if my friend would come over and hold the camera XD. Do one level at a time. Might take a while since the memory card on the camera can only hold on gigabite and with all the pictures it has, can only record for half an hour.

Cyrex
07-13-2007, 01:51 AM
while darth you could remove the pictures and put them on your computer. You should also buy a 2 GB card because they are only like $30

Fullawka14
07-13-2007, 01:51 AM
That would be awesome cuz veteran on COD3 is the hardest fucking thing ever.

Darth Odan
07-13-2007, 01:56 AM
They're at $30! Where?! When I bought my 1GB, the 2 was at 70 bucks in Comp USA.

|oneyedNewb|
07-13-2007, 05:40 AM
that would be brill darth, do you still play this online?

The 360 Dragon
07-14-2007, 05:50 AM
Dude great idea but don't bother if it's too much of a hassle and you don't have a specific kick-ass strategy, but if you do go for it m8, :)