PDA

View Full Version : Road Map(in Progress)

cra
03-04-2009, 08:09 AM
Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 6
-Offline: 50(1000http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg)
-Online: 0
-Estimated time for 1000http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg: 15-30 hours
-Minimum playthroughs: 1 (2+ recommended)
-Missable achievements: 0
-Glitched achievements: 0
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheats known so far
-Does difficulty affect achievements? Yes, you have to beat Hard to get the final Emblem

It is a lot easier as Ninja Gaiden II, even hard should be no problem with upgraded Swords and full Life + Chi gauge. Only the first encounter with the Bosses can be hard, since you have to get used to them and find the right Sword and Tactic. The game has a glitch, which is patched now if you can access XBL. For those who play without XBL at all read the For Offline Gamers parts.

Introduction
I recommend doing minimum 2 playthroughs, since playing Hard with the Level 5 Stonerender is really easy, but most likely you have to do a few more replays on some missions to get an A+ rating or finish the specific mission with one sword in the end. For Offline Gamers: You can replay any mission but should only do mission 9, if you are 120% sure that you have 0 Retrys on all Missions and A+ Completion Score and a lot of A+ in the subscores. Cause the Overall Scorestats become glitched once you beat Mission 9 and replay any mission after that. Since 1 Outfit is tied to "Ninja School Valedictorian" and 1 Emblem is tied to "Your work is done" you won't get "Walk-In Closet" and "Brings out your Eyes" either, if you don't get the first 2 Achievements after Mission 9.

#Step 1 Normal Difficulty + Collectibles + Improving Score if necessary(offline)
Play through the game on Normal, upgrade your Stonerender and Dual Knives first, since Oni Slayer Blade makes less damage than Stonerender and isn't as protective like the Dual Knives. And you can get most of the Missions done with just the Stonerender/Dual Knives reducing your mop up replays. Collect everything as you play through the game with this list (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=128920).
For Offline Gamers:
Once done with Mission 8, double check your Mission Stats having in all 8 Retry Count 0 and Completion Score A+ and all Sub Scores A+. You need 50000 Overall Completion Score to unlock Ninja School, if you don't want to rely on your luck with the glitch. Beat Mission 9, enjoy the end and several achievements unlocking along with 2 Outfits and several Emblems.
If you haven't unlocked "Ninja School" and "Your work is done" start a new Savefile and begin again.

#Step 2 Hard Difficulty + Mission Challenges
Now you have all 9 Shinobi Moji, start Mission 5 defeat the Blastmite and after Kuroh's Speech go into the Cave to the left and collect the Moonlight Sword. Now change difficulty to Hard(QTE difficulty doesn't matter) and replay the all Missions preferably only using one sword during a mission. Using the Moonlight's http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/misc/x.png,http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/misc/x.png(hold) attack with Ninja Vision deals massive damage to bosses and makes Mission 9 a lot easier. After you've finished this run you unlock the Plasma Shield Ninjutsu(do Mission 8 with Level 2 Plasma Shield before upgrading it to level 3). Now switch back to normal or easy and you can do the Mission Challenges easily, with everything maxed out.

#Step 3 Mop up
You should have most of the Achievements now. Only thing left to do is replaying all Missions with just one sword used for attacking and maybe some Misc. Achievements like "deflect 20 bullets", raising the Overall Completion Score to 50k+ or getting some emblems you missed.

Conclusion
After all not a hard game to complete, but you have to invest some time for the full 1000. If you successfully unlocked Ninja School and Work is Done in Step1 there is nothing much to worry about after that. If you started the game on normal/hard and you don't get the achievement for beating the difficulty, check in the options if the game has switched to easy.

stee01
04-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Wow nicely done mate:bow: must took time and effort for all that. Thankyou, this will come in handy, Iam glad I done most of the upgrading on on the knives and stonerender. Keep up the good work, cheers :drunk

Filter x360a
05-08-2009, 05:12 PM
So is there an option to go back and do each mission before you start mission 9 if you have to have all A+ of them?

FX.

Filter x360a
05-11-2009, 02:34 AM
A few questions on this roadmap:

"If you haven't unlocked "Ninja School" and "Your work is done" start a new Savefile and begin again."

Why would you start a new save file? You can play all of the missions over again to attain all of the achievements. I didn't get Ninja School right away, but i went back, replayed some missions until I got it (using the pox giant trick mentioned in another thread). Also, Just play each mission from your current save on Hard (so you have all of your goods!) and get the Campaign on Hard achievement.

And what does it matter if you are playing offline or not? The only difference (I can see anyway) is the the ability to post you scores on the leader boards.

Just curious...

FX.

cra
05-11-2009, 05:55 AM
read the introduction again concerning the part with FOR OFFLINE GAMERS and you notice why. or because i have nothing to do...if you play offline the nasty overall stats glitch occurs and you have to start a new file if don't get both achievements at once....

madcap1
05-11-2009, 05:57 AM
Also, Just play each mission from your current save on Hard (so you have all of your goods!) and get the Campaign on Hard achievement.

Some people can not use the same save and get the achievement for beating it on hard, sad to say im one of them I re-played all the levels a bunch of times and made sure I checked my setting so it did not reset to normal or easy. Even after the patch it still will not unlock for me, I have to start a new game and a new save and tbh im just so tired of this game.

Cra great work as always :)

Filter x360a
05-11-2009, 03:35 PM
read the introduction again concerning the part with FOR OFFLINE GAMERS and you notice why. or because i have nothing to do...if you play offline the nasty overall stats glitch occurs and you have to start a new file if don't get both achievements at once....

Fair enough, missed that part.

Thanks for the clarifying.

FX.