PDA

View Full Version : Any good counters against a Rush?

The Lovat Scout
03-04-2009, 03:45 PM
This goes for both deathmatch AND Skirmish.

It's a little annoying getting continuously rushed all the time, and I know there are counters against it, but what?

I can easily fend anyone of with a few scorpions and warthogs, easy. But I'm constantly stuck at my base doing it because they keep sending more, and eventually I get overwhelmed.

Another counter I'd REALLY life to know, is how the FUCK ANYONE counters a scarab. Way I see it...another scarab. Kinda like the only thing on the Earth that can cut a diamond...another diamond. I have to send shit tons of forces after one scarab and it takes for-ever. Anyone have good counters against it?

Scarab = :eek: = :uzi:= scarab still alive and well = :confused: = :mad: = death, loss of game = :drunk

Cjmainy
03-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Leader powers are good against scarabs.

the_tubster
03-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Vultures are fantastic against Scarabs, and to a lesser extent Hornets/Hawks do a good job. The barrage of rockets cuts down the Scarab pretty quick.

Also i havnt played on live too much and have not been 'rushed' against, what is it exactly. Just them attacking from the off with marines over and over???

Bluntman428
03-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Basically all you have to do to counter a rush is make sure you scout your enemy's base with your warthog/ghost early on and see what he's doing.

If he's building a ton of one unit, just build whatever unit it good against that.

If you're just getting rushed in the very early stages of the game, build anti-infantry units and turrets.

It's really not that hard to counter a rush in this game.

Dan Rycroft
03-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Scarabs take a while to build so when you have your first 3 scorpions up rush their base it will put him off for a while then get your main army going.

Agusta1
03-04-2009, 09:31 PM
pray to god one of your allies has Professer Anders and ask them politely to use Cryo Bomb. then use your leader powers on the scarab. Also lock base

Little Jonny
03-04-2009, 09:35 PM
i generally abandon the base and send all mny troops to there base. alot of the time they turn around and leave the base or i take there base that i have just destroyed

blobby
03-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Leader Powers Can often stop a Scarab very easily with the right force to back it up.

And if its a multiplayer game, communication is key, 1 Tip would be 1 player makes aload of money/Defenses, and sends money to the other play who builds a fast attack/scarab asap.

Alyssaphanboi
03-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Maybe upgrade your turrets on your base to help fend off The Rush??? :confused:

They come with different upgrades that are more effective anti- certain units.

Siduakal77
03-05-2009, 09:32 AM
As posted above., scout their base. If you see them making infantry (or that they have infantry bases.. or vehicle.. etc..) or whatever they seem to only have one of..

Now follow the rock paper scissors approach.. :)

If they are doing infantry, make anti infantry.

If they are doing vehicles, anti-vehicles.

If they are doing air, anti-air.

The Lovat Scout
03-05-2009, 02:05 PM
pray to god one of your allies has Professer Anders and ask them politely to use Cryo Bomb. then use your leader powers on the scarab. Also lock base

What, exactly, does "locking your base" do? I've seen it before and done it. But all it does is keep all your trained units inside. What good is that again?

Hot Juicy Pie
03-05-2009, 05:13 PM
scarabs are slow as shit, i can easily take one down with a hawk swarm.

Hot Juicy Pie
03-05-2009, 05:14 PM
What, exactly, does "locking your base" do? I've seen it before and done it. But all it does is keep all your trained units inside. What good is that again?

Locking your base holes them up inside so when you are building reinforcements they dont get slaughtered 1 by one as they spawn. you can unlock the base and release your entire army at once

The Lovat Scout
03-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Oh, thats cool. Yeah, I dont have so much trouble with scarabs anymore. The main deal is just being rushed. Whether its a "swarm of (FUCKING) hawks" or just plain infantry and vehicles. The Hawks thing is a little ridiculous though, they should UP the population for those little fuckers.

HJxXiSkull
03-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the tips guys I ll keep that in mind.

Purge
03-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Rock > Scissors > Paper > Rock

Air > Vehicle > Infantry > Air

sjanuary99
03-07-2009, 07:02 AM
Rock > Scissors > Paper > Rock

Air > Vehicle > Infantry > Air

i think you forgot Anti-Air, Anti-vehicle, and Anti-building

also what is a good strategy against a swarm of hunters with banshees?

Siduakal77
03-07-2009, 07:24 AM
Covenant wise?

A) Arbiter
B) Vampires (Counter Banshees) and Banshees.. Hunters can't do shit to Banshees/Vampires.

USNC wise?

A) Scorpions and Wolverines (Mix in a Cryo Bomb if you really want, it'll take out around 9 Banshees from my experience..)
B) Flamethrowers and Hornets, or just mass hornets.. again, Hunters suck vs air. The Flamethrowers do pretty good against hunters if you focus fire them.