PDA

View Full Version : New Feature Idea.

Tom Welsh
03-04-2009, 07:44 PM
I just thought of something that i thought might be quite a cool idea, and that is to have on the homepage like featured threads, you could put links to the most popular threads of the day or something like that.

what do people think about this, good idea? or bad idea?

any suggestions branching of this idea? let me know what you think.

happy posting :)

Himself0890
03-04-2009, 09:13 PM
I like the idea. :)

Ev0lon
03-04-2009, 09:43 PM
+1 Me Likey... To tell you the truth the first couple times I came on here I didnt even know there was a forum :eek:

RuggersAssassin
03-04-2009, 10:36 PM
I don't like it. If people want there forum to be noticed then they will spam in it as much as possible. Its actually quite pointless. More of a Who can spam more posts kind of thread.

devlin
03-04-2009, 10:37 PM
There is already a mod for this, so there must be a reason it isn't being used, which is probably why the idea will be shot down. Besides I think there is enough on the homepage already.

Purge
03-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Yeah I agree with Ruggers on the sense that it will provoke alot of unwanted spam. Although the idea sounds nice, its unpracticle.

Tom Welsh
03-04-2009, 11:30 PM
they could always have something, mabye not so much the most popular threads, but the most interesting, mods could check the threads before featuring them, and they could pick the ones they enjoyed reading and ones that might interest people that wouldn't usually use the forums.

i mean like ev0lon said the first couple of times he came here he didn't know there was a forum.

thanks for the feedback guys, greatly appreciated ;)

Nightdragon
03-05-2009, 12:18 AM
The homepage is pretty much not linked to the forums, although it is in a sense, they are not really the same thing. What you are suggesting is a sort of forum portal I'm guessing, where you can view the most active members/most active topics etc, am I right?

If this is the case, it is not really a needed tool and we have much higher things on our priorities list to be adding for you guys ;)

Tom Welsh
03-05-2009, 01:15 AM
I was basically thinking just advertising a few hot topics, just thought it would be nice to see what people are talking about. also thought it would be a good way to get newcomers to get involved with the x360a community. and to get people who don't use the forums alot to get more involved, for example they might see a featured thread about a game they enjoy and think 'oh i'l have a look' whereas they would have not even noticed it before. :)

RuggersAssassin
03-05-2009, 01:20 AM
Yeah its a good idea. I mean like Nightdragon said there are other priorities. I think a featured topic where its mostly a random thread would work better. Whereas it is not based on popularity and posts would work better if implemented.

MTMag06
03-05-2009, 01:24 AM
I think the homepage has enough on it, adding more would be a bit much. and besides, there is a "Today's Posts" option for the forums, this works perfectly fine, IMO.

Minty
03-05-2009, 01:26 AM
Like Night said, the home page is the more 'business' part of the site, the forums is a place to kick back and chill. The two are linked, but separate.

Tom Welsh
03-05-2009, 01:34 AM
alright kl, was just thinking about it earlier so thought i put it up and see what you think. :)