PDA

View Full Version : iPhone/iPod touch app idea. MODS please check

SideDish120
03-04-2009, 08:35 PM
I think that we should make a application for this website for the Apple iPhone/iPod Touch into Apple's App Store. It would have functions but the main function would be to go to achivement guides/forums quickly and easily. I always use my iPhone when I am playing a game to get info on a part quickly. I would love to help make this app for this website. Good idea/Bad idea? Give me your suggestions. And mabye sell it for one US dollar($1.00) and all of the payments we get go to the website to help it grow!

jukkakhan
03-04-2009, 08:49 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=119150

Basically, it's not a viable idea at this point in time. The amount of time/resources/effort that would go into this would only serve a small minority whereas that same amount of time/resources/effort could be put towards the site and benefit a lot more people. As someone who is an iphone user, I would love something like this in the future, but even then, I would rarely use it.

narcolepticshee
03-05-2009, 12:27 AM
I agree with jukkakhan. Its too much time and effort for the staff - BUT, if you're a coder and you want to make the app, make it and then show the staff. If the majority of the work is already done then it will get implemented I'm sure.

I know for one I'd buy it just to show my support for the site.

Peace

Creech
03-05-2009, 12:29 AM
If someone else wants to make it, we can provide access to the graphical assets necessary...but yeah, no time for the coding on our end.

However, I think I can pretty much guarantee that if someone does this, they will get a nice shiny award for it.

:p

SideDish120
03-05-2009, 01:21 AM
Sounds like i might give this a go in my spare time :D

jorGe62990
03-05-2009, 04:58 PM
If someone else wants to make it, we can provide access to the graphical assets necessary...but yeah, no time for the coding on our end.

However, I think I can pretty much guarantee that if someone does this, they will get a nice shiny award for it.

:p
Well Clipse offered his time and effort to create an application, but I do not think he ever got a response..

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1574378&postcount=38

Creech
03-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Well Clipse offered his time and effort to create an application, but I do not think he ever got a response..

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1574378&postcount=38

Actually, in that post he states that he is going to develop it, and nobody ever told him "ohnoesyoukant!" I just haven't seen anything since that post about one, really...

BooseyGirl
03-05-2009, 06:12 PM
I think it's a good idea but you really need to have a lot of free time to code it, test it, and make sure everything's working correctly. I think that it would also be a good idea to help raise money for the site when people download the app. I think that it could be something that others outside of x360a.org would buy to get some quick help if they don't have a computer around but they do have their cell phone, I know that happens to me quite often. It's something I know I would download if it was ever made available to iPhone users.

Clipse 2
03-18-2009, 05:10 AM
Actually, in that post he states that he is going to develop it, and nobody ever told him "ohnoesyoukant!" I just haven't seen anything since that post about one, really...

I've got some code down, mostly interface stuff though. I've gone ahead and updated my version of the iPhone software development kit to the 3.0 beta version. This will allow me to develop in advance of 3.0's official release however will prevent me from releasing it to the App Store if its done before 3.0 goes official. As things start to come together more I'll be updating everyone (mostly staff) as to its developments; because I'm running the 3.0 beta I can't show screen shots publicly until it goes into official release; those were the terms sadly.

Psycho Chickan
05-13-2009, 11:09 PM
If you want any help Clipse lemme know. I'd started on in sdk 2.2 but real rudimentary at the moment as I wanted to see if anyone else was doing it :)

V3 makes more sense as we're close enough to having the new firmware anyway...and copy/paste, modem tethering, mms, . . . oh so many geeky fun things we shall have!

Anyway the offer's there if you need help :)