PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the Franchise Achievements...

oSBRo CutThRoaT
03-04-2009, 08:43 PM
I just completed 21 games using the following settings:

Custom Sliders (The Achievement Guide posted says you can do this but I wonder if the guy even has the achievements) and I played on 3 innings.

I simulated and got all of the requirements for the achivements and got nothing.

Anyone know if you have to start a new season or if you have to play all of your games on Pro?

Edit: I have figured it out. Here is what I did step by step:

I played first loaded up my team either via Fantasy Draft or just editing. This just makes it easier. I then played 20 games on 3 innings with Custom difficulty-everything boosted for me and 0 for the computer. After that, you will not get any achievements simulating. What I did is simulated until a few games before seasons end. If you have all of the necessary requirements for the achievements ie: 40 homeruns, 100 RBI's etc...Then play a 3 inning game on PRO difficulty. Haven't tried it with custom difficulty so I do not know if that works but I did get all of the achievements, I just need 40 saves now. After that, make sure you get to the world series and then SAVE. Simulate game by game until you get 3 wins then SAVE again. Play the final game with 3 innings and Pro difficulty and the win the world series achievement will unlock.

Also, I had auto-save on, I am not sure if it can be off and still register achievements because it seems as if the achievements unlock when your profile saves. It also auto-saves whichever franchise save you are using, so make sepereate saves.

SengIV
03-04-2009, 08:47 PM
I just completed 21 games using the following settings:

Custom Sliders (The Achievement Guide posted says you can do this but I wonder if the guy even has the achievements) and I played on 3 innings.

I simulated and got all of the requirements for the achivements and got nothing.

Anyone know if you have to start a new season or if you have to play all of your games on Pro?

Dont listen to the achievement guide. The maker doesnt even seem like they have played the game at all.

I was wondering if you can play on 3 innings. I wonder if you have to play on 9 innings.

oSBRo CutThRoaT
03-04-2009, 08:54 PM
that could be the case too. But I know last year that some of the franchise achievements wouldn't unlock unless it was on Pro. I wish they would put it in the achievement description.

Maybe 2K will do that next year along with all the stuff they removed and call them "Groundbreaking New Features"

oSBRo CutThRoaT
03-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Correction, I was at 20 games played on Custom difficulty. I had 20 wins with Lincecum. I played one more game on PRO with Lincecum and won and got the 20 wins achievement. Simulated the rest of the year, should have gotten all but the 40 saves achievement but didn't get anything.

Wierd stuff...

FiLtHy FoWl
03-05-2009, 01:03 AM
I have had a lot of trouble with a few achievements myself so I don't doubt that you are too. I have had 2 no-hitters and those achievements have not unlocked and not even the achievements for not allowing any runs scored.

sleepingrhino
03-05-2009, 01:18 AM
Dude this game is messed up... Now I don't know what to play on Pro or what...

Last night I was just messing around on Rookie and I got two achievements...

Does anyone know how it works? Anyone?

SengIV
03-05-2009, 01:21 AM
Dude this game is messed up... Now I don't know what to play on Pro or what...

Last night I was just messing around on Rookie and I got two achievements...

Does anyone know how it works? Anyone?

Check out my mini-guide

Bobtroid
03-07-2009, 01:44 AM
I'm so confused. I don't know whether to play with 3 innings or 9 innings on pro.

l InFamousDj l
03-07-2009, 02:25 AM
U can play 3 inn on custom I got all franchise ach except saves.

l InFamousDj l
03-07-2009, 08:17 PM
for all the people saying I didn't get anything do this and if it doesn't work the game hates you. Play 20 3 inning games (Sim about 80games) look at states (IE) K's and HR etc! make sure your on pace to get ach if so SIM till the last game...DONT sim threw the season! sim to the last game and play it ach will pop after it.. well they did for me. I have 725 in the game right now

SengIV
03-07-2009, 09:05 PM
for all the people saying I didn't get anything do this and if it doesn't work the game hates you. Play 20 3 inning games (Sim about 80games) look at states (IE) K's and HR etc! make sure your on pace to get ach if so SIM till the last game...DONT sim threw the season! sim to the last game and play it ach will pop after it.. well they did for me. I have 725 in the game right now

Will add this to the guide

XxBlueSpade2xX
03-25-2009, 03:05 AM
I really need that 'Show Stopper', still can't get it.

erod550
03-25-2009, 03:37 AM
The achievements won't lock until the game AFTER you get to 40 HR, 100 RBI, 200K, etc. So you essentially have to play at least 21 games. If you have everything done with only 20 games played, play the 21st game and it will unlock.

As for what difficulty you need to use, I don't know. I was scoring 40 runs a game when I wanted to on Pro with my team's sliders adjusted so I don't know why you'd even need it on Custom. Besides, might as well get some cards while you're wasting all this time playing franchise games.

And yes, you can do 3 inning games. I played 9 inning games just so I could get cards. I got the 40HR and 100RBI with 9 inning games, but then simmed to September and played 3 inning games to finish up the 20 Wins and 40 Saves. I traded for a guy who already had 200Ks and the achievement unlocked after I played one game.

BladeMDP
03-25-2009, 04:12 PM
The achievements won't lock until the game AFTER you get to 40 HR, 100 RBI, 200K, etc. So you essentially have to play at least 21 games. If you have everything done with only 20 games played, play the 21st game and it will unlock.

As for what difficulty you need to use, I don't know. I was scoring 40 runs a game when I wanted to on Pro with my team's sliders adjusted so I don't know why you'd even need it on Custom. Besides, might as well get some cards while you're wasting all this time playing franchise games.

And yes, you can do 3 inning games. I played 9 inning games just so I could get cards. I got the 40HR and 100RBI with 9 inning games, but then simmed to September and played 3 inning games to finish up the 20 Wins and 40 Saves. I traded for a guy who already had 200Ks and the achievement unlocked after I played one game.
yeah I definitely agree about playing franchise on pro mode - might as well kill two birds with one stone - and go after cards while playing franchise...

DavidKelly18
03-25-2009, 09:00 PM
You can get the 20 wins franchise achievements with 3 innings? Because don't you need to pitch at least 4 innings to get a win, or is that not in the game?

BladeMDP
03-26-2009, 02:03 AM
You can get the 20 wins franchise achievements with 3 innings? Because don't you need to pitch at least 4 innings to get a win, or is that not in the game?
No, in the 3 inning game mode, the pitcher only has to pitch 1 complete inning to get credit for the win.

t00thgrinder
03-26-2009, 02:06 AM
i didnt get the 40 saves first time through so i played again. i scored 2 runs. pitched 2 innings with my starter, brought the closer in in the 3rd inning.

DavidKelly18
03-28-2009, 01:46 AM
I have 48 homers and 150 rbi with a-roid with 21 games played and I have 21 wins with C.C. but haven't gotten the achievements yet. Do I need to get to the world series and then save once I'm there and then win it after playing the deciding game and then I'll get all of them?

And doesn't anybody have any tips on how to get saves when your simming 3 inning games? I got like 17 out of 21 games played and simmed the rest and at the end of August I only have 28 saves and don't really feel like playing an extra 12 games.

I got 5 achievements after winning the World Series, by getting the 40 hr 100 rbi 200 k 20 w and the World Series w so now I just need the 40 saves.

erod550
03-28-2009, 05:57 AM
No, they unlock before the season is over in the game after you actually get the achievement done. So if you have played 21 games and A-Rod already got his 40 HR and 100RBI before the last game you played, it should have unlocked. But if you played 21 games first and he didn't have them yet and you just simmed until he had 40/100, then you won't get the achievements until you play one more game. You can either play the last game of the season, or sim until the end of the playoffs and play that game and it should work.

As for saves, someone suggested using 6 inning games for simming to get more saves. I hadn't tried this and I just played an extra 15 games at the end of the season to get the saves. 3 inning games take 5-7 minutes if you're just scoring a couple quick runs and then bunting/stealing to get out as fast as possible.