PDA

View Full Version : This old man came rolling home help

SengIV
03-04-2009, 08:46 PM
I can not for the life of me get this to unlock.

I get onto third. The next batter comes up. I switch to my other guy. He creeps towards home. I take off running and slide into home. No achievement. What am I doing wrong?

oSBRo CutThRoaT
03-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Hmm..Don't know what to tell you. I just stole when I was on third and scored and it unlocked first try. Maybe it is glitched and I just got lucky?

swingle007
03-04-2009, 11:03 PM
i got it first try with kaz matsui against the pirates at minute maid....played it on pro difficulty, although that's not supposed to matter.

SengIV
03-04-2009, 11:10 PM
I got it. You have to hit the catcher while running at the base.

sports_guy212
03-05-2009, 09:43 AM
I got it. You have to hit the catcher while running at the base.
im not sure if you "have" to hit the catcher, but jw how did you user control the collision at the plate...my guy keeps sliding but if i don't press anything sometimes they'll collide with the catcher?

EDIT = I can confirm it doesn't have to be a collision because i slid around the tag and got the achievement.

l InFamousDj l
03-05-2009, 11:26 AM
u don't have to hit catcher, easiest way to get it is double steal 1 guy on 3rd and 1 on 1st double steal pitchers is retarded and double pumps the ball I got it in franchise with custom sliders

BladeMDP
03-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Exactly as above - get runners on 1st and 3rd - have the guy on 1st steal second - when the catcher throws to 2nd, send the guy on 3rd home (i.e. delayed steal)...you'll easily get home and get the ach.

norcalsniper
03-05-2009, 10:37 PM
I can not for the life of me get this to unlock.

I get onto third. The next batter comes up. I switch to my other guy. He creeps towards home. I take off running and slide into home. No achievement. What am I doing wrong?

This is what I did.

1. Edit a catcher so he is the shortest possible and edit his fielding stats to 0 for Catching.
2. Edit a player on your team, make him the tallest possible and put his speed stats to 100.

If you can run the catcher down and he drops the ball, it counts as a steal, but I did not get it that way. I got lucky and the pitcher threw a high pitch and I slid underneath the catcher. Oddly enough the bases were loaded when I stole home and I got a triple steal!

BladeMDP
03-06-2009, 06:48 AM
that's a good way to do it per norcal sniper - but here's what i did (this really applies to all achievements other than online or franchise related)

find one team that you want to boost against for your achievements. Change all their attributes to 1 (fielding, hitting, etc.) change one starter and all relief pitchers to 1 attributes in their fielding hitting (I used the Cubs).

on your team, max out all your attributes for your players/pitchers (this way you can carry this team over to when you do the franchise achs as well).

max out your sliders, min down the comp sliders.....

NOW FOR THE ACH

Get runners on 1st and 3rd
Have the runner on 1st steal second - while the comp catcher throws the ball to 2nd, send the runner on 3rd home (i.e. delayed steal)

runner on 3rd makes it home by a mile, ach unlocked :)

http://card.mygamercard.net/geothermal/bladeMDP.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/bladeMDP)

FiLtHy FoWl
03-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Get runners on 1st and 3rd
Have the runner on 1st steal second - while the comp catcher throws the ball to 2nd, send the runner on 3rd home (i.e. delayed steal)

runner on 3rd makes it home by a mile, ach unlocked :)

That's what I did...that is the easiest way to do it.

troygles
05-03-2009, 04:56 PM
I stole home with both Carl Crawford and Dioner Navarro in the same game and didn't get the achievement......the glitches in this game piss me off cause it's the 3rd achievement I can't get cause of a glitch.

BWO F4TH3R
05-07-2009, 01:09 AM
I just did it in a ranked match. Actually I wasn't even trying to get it when I got it. Someone can help you get it in a ranked match.

Elektrohazard
05-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Haha, that's pretty ingenious. I'll have to go for it now.

WesDawg
06-25-2009, 08:24 PM
haha yeah 1st and 3rd thing works, thx guys.