PDA

View Full Version : Flood in DLC

pX I Atticus
03-05-2009, 04:58 AM
i say hell ya would be cool :D

R3ALFREC
03-05-2009, 05:10 AM
If your talking about for online play then i say yes also that would be sweet.

pX I Atticus
03-05-2009, 05:19 AM
If your talking about for online play then i say yes also that would be sweet.

yes i am :D:D:woop:

General Khazard
03-05-2009, 06:05 AM
Would be kinda neat, I guess, but I don't know how they would work it in given the way they use the flood now...

TotalAbyssDeath
03-05-2009, 08:20 AM
I agree, It would be nice to be able to play as the flood or even add more maps with flood in them, aka they have there own base's and attack you and the other enemy AI's.

Siduakal77
03-05-2009, 09:16 AM
It'd be nice to get a Covenant campaign - I'd pay 3200 MSP for a Covenant Campaign of this quality.

But we won't get DLC most likely.. Ensembles gone.

Master Michl
03-05-2009, 10:52 AM
I believe I read somewhere that the DLC rights were already passed on to some other developer, I can't remember all the details, just that someone else is working on it now.

Siduakal77
03-05-2009, 11:11 AM
I don't know that I'd WANT DLC from someone else, Ensemble set the bar pretty high for RTS games in general with their AoE games. And they've definitely set the bar for console RTS with this.

R3ALFREC
03-05-2009, 11:11 AM
It'd be nice to get a Covenant campaign - I'd pay 3200 MSP for a Covenant Campaign of this quality.

I agree with you i would happily pay ms points to get a covenant campaign

Tiberian
03-05-2009, 11:24 AM
I don't know that I'd WANT DLC from someone else, Ensemble set the bar pretty high for RTS games in general with their AoE games. And they've definitely set the bar for console RTS with this.

Robot Entertainment (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/Robot-Entertainment-to-work-on-Halo-Wars) will be handling all DLC and support. They were founded by ex-Ensemble staff. So you will have ex-Ensemble people that worked on Halo Wars, Age of Empires and such working on all future DLC (if it gets some). Basically, Ensemble staff split into two game studios after being closed by Microsoft, one being the above and the other one being Bonfire Studios (http://www.bonfire-studios.com/).

As for Flood, i'd love to see them in future DLC and i think its totally possible to make them work and have them balanced. Unlike UNSC or Covenant, Flood would only need one leader, being the Gravemind. The hardest thing would be giving them enough unique units to give variety. Spores would be the basic Flood unit. They'd be very cheap to produce but also weak. Great in swarms vs infintry but not effective vs vehicles.

Ninja Business
03-05-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm sure DLC will happen. The team have been moved to other areas, not fired; so have hope! Flood would awesome! Why would anyone NOT want that? More the merrier!

JimboTag
03-05-2009, 11:29 AM
There'd be a lot of balancing issues. The flood towers kick ass!

SooperSmurph
03-05-2009, 11:50 AM
The game needs a third race to be a good nerd RTS, so they should work to fit the Flood in. But, it'd be hard to create a proper tech tree and strategy niche for them, they'd really have to revamp their game mechanics.

the_tubster
03-05-2009, 11:53 AM
There is deffinelty some DLC. Im sure it was announced that there was already some DLC completed before the game came out. Which I think is a bit harsh not to include it in the disc game if thats true.

madshoe1991
03-05-2009, 04:54 PM
i'm not sure it would work so well. as there is base issues what would you do...build eggs to train units. also there is a massive lack of flood vehicles. i.e there are none

Elektrohazard
03-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Wasn't there some early rumors that there would be some early DLC with the flood, and then a 4th race for covenant and human?

HJxXiSkull
03-05-2009, 06:42 PM
I think introducing any 3rd party would be cool. The rebel bases, flood, and sentinels would be awesome to be or play as in a DLC.

Purge
03-05-2009, 06:50 PM

From an article in OXM, Ensemble Studio's said that they made the DLC while making Halo Wars and wanted to release it with the game but was told by Microsoft to use it as DLC.

The non-Ensemble DLC is also being made by a new company called Rocket something? I dont know there name but theres going to be a batch of two DLC's for Halo Wars atleast.

They also said that the Flood were too overpowered to be put into the game.

Simzo
03-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Naah i wouldn't want to use them..

@Dom;
I think you mean Robot not Rocket..