PDA

View Full Version : How come no one plays halo wars online?

SIR TRICE
03-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Well...i wouldnt say no one, but seriously, Halo is xbox 360's baby.
Halo is to xbox what mario was to nintendo and sonic was to sega...but to see only like 1-2 k people online in each match making scenario is a little strange.

The game was released over a week ago in the UK.
And i picked mine up on release here in america only to be suprized by the number of people online.

ps- halo wars broke the record for eemo downloads, over 2 million

wheres those 2 million people!

Siduakal77
03-05-2009, 09:23 AM
It's a console RTS, bro. They've got the worst rep in gaming I'd say. Give it time, I saw it up to 5k at around 8 PM EST yesterday. So it gets up there, but it's a console RTS.. we're lucky it gets the #s it does. Hopefully it builds a larger fanbase.

Ninja Business
03-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Yeah, he's right. This is the kinda game that'll take a little time and word of mouth. It's never gunna be a Halo 3-sized beast. But when I brought it a week ago, it had around 2000 players online... o_O

Now it has over 10,000! So it's getting there.

Tiberian
03-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Think a lot of people who tried the demo, said they liked it. I'd suspect most people are waiting for a price drop or something. This is never going to be as popular as Halo 2 or Halo 3 but hopefully it'll pick up a bit more over the coming weeks.

Agusta1
03-05-2009, 11:52 AM
the kids bought it for the Mythic Maps

blobby
03-05-2009, 12:14 PM
I Saw 11,000+ on yesterday at around 10pm UK Time. I bet it will pick up purely for the fact its a halo Game.

The Lovat Scout
03-05-2009, 02:02 PM
I played online once and got my ass handed to me by a million Hawks.

I'll get online again though, but I'm going for all the campaign achievements first. I'll probably go from online to Legendary though back and forth.

But yeah, I'd suspect not too many are on because they want to finish the campaign? That's for me and my five other friends at least, lol.

neok182
03-05-2009, 02:43 PM
lot of people are probably doing all the single player stuff first like me. i won't be online till this weekend.

Hybriidz
03-05-2009, 04:04 PM
dont know lol, everytime im on ive seen like 5,000 although looking on mygamercard at the moment it says 58,000 people are online.

Hybriidz
03-05-2009, 04:05 PM
just read through other comments, id agree with the theory that people are playin campaign, im in UK had it since last saturday (5 days) and im only on lvl 13 =] have played one match online though

Razzattack99
03-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Halo is to xbox what mario was to nintendo and sonic was to sega...

lol? it doesnt come close to the success mario and sonic enjoyed... halo isn't the best selling xbox game so that claim is bollocks sry

Elektrohazard
03-05-2009, 05:05 PM
I think it's also forgotten the world is going through a recession right now. Not everyone has the money to blow $60 on a non living necessity.

That, and it is an RTS, and not only might that cripple it a little, but some people who have never played an RTS need to get used to it before jumping into online matches.

General Khazard
03-05-2009, 08:49 PM
1) It's an RTS... on a console... Even though it is amazing, it's going to take awhile for people to realize that and actually get the game

2) Campaign... I played the campaign on normal my first time through and beat it the second day I had it, but I also spent ALL DAY doing it, and searched for blackboxes and whatnot. Not everyone has the time to do all that right away, so expect a solid week or so before people finish the campaign.

3) I think it might only show the number of people currently searching for a game, rather than the number of people playing in that playlist, but I'm not sure.

EDIT 4) Most of the people who got the game also got the mythic maps for h3, so a lot of them are playing those.

RyanSharratt
03-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Considering that it is a RTS and matches range from 30 - 120 mins on occasions i believe that the matchmaking is very fast

i do not believe that the online players is entirely accurate.

CONSOLE + RTS = OFTEN FAILURE

only rare occasions do you get a success.

jj harvey
03-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Even though there may not be a lot of people online, I can still get a game in under a minute. The number of people online doesn't matter as long as you can still get a game fast.

SengIV
03-06-2009, 01:30 AM
Ive never waited over 2 mins for a game.

All I have played on Halo Wars so far is the online. Its absoulte beast online.

TheGoldenReaper
03-06-2009, 01:48 AM
At least there's people online. Just think, next week when RE5 comes out a ton of people will be playing that and forget about Halo Wars. In like a month or two the online will be almost deserted for two reasons. The first reason is the mythic maps will be available on marketplace and then everyone will be playing Halo 3 again and also people will have completed campaign, played a little bit of online skirmishes and then they will quit. That's how most people are on my friend's list. They play a game for the week it was released on, get bored and go back to playing what they were originally playing before. Although I might be wrong. It's hard to say since it is a Halo title, but then again I've been seeing comments on youtube videos for halo wars and they weren't that pleased with the game. It could get boring really fast for the typical FPS person.

DefJamV
03-06-2009, 03:12 AM
It could get boring really fast for the typical FPS person.

You mean a mindless idiot? Heck, i guess im being a bit of a hypocrite seeing as Rainbow Six is one of my favorite franchises ever, but people who sit there and play not just the same genre, but the same game and do not deviate are very, very sad (Halo 3 fanboys FTL).

Also, i gave C&C: Red Alert a quick blast, and that game on easy is as hard as this game on legendary. I got owned... xD

Darth Grif55
03-06-2009, 03:26 AM
Maybe they're playing through the campaign? That's what my friends are doing & that's what I'll be doing all weekend.

TheGoldenReaper
03-06-2009, 03:55 AM
Maybe they're playing through the campaign? That's what my friends are doing & that's what I'll be doing all weekend.

Edit: Well I guess I'll just see in a month if the online is busy like it is now. I will 1000 this game eventually and after that I might just quit this game altogether or play every now and then. I loved Dawn of War and played skirmish games occasionally (because skirmish games were the only thing I liked about RTS games) but then I eventually got bored of it after a few months. Idk how this will turn out.. I'll probably end up back on Gears by April.

You mean a mindless idiot? Heck, i guess im being a bit of a hypocrite seeing as Rainbow Six is one of my favorite franchises ever, but people who sit there and play not just the same genre, but the same game and do not deviate are very, very sad (Halo 3 fanboys FTL).

Also, i gave C&C: Red Alert a quick blast, and that game on easy is as hard as this game on legendary. I got owned... xD

Yea, basically I meant the people who only play Halo.

GamerJunk.net
03-06-2009, 07:48 AM
It is tough.

You want to play the single player and you want to try out the Halo 3 maps and online matches are so long sometimes that you only play 1.

Elektrohazard
03-06-2009, 10:49 AM
It is tough.

You want to play the single player and you want to try out the Halo 3 maps and online matches are so long sometimes that you only play 1.

If it wasn't tough it wouldn't be any fun.

Simzo
03-06-2009, 11:05 AM
It doens't seem like a lot but i can always get a game..

Hot Juicy Pie
03-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Also count in that alot of copies of the LE were back ordered. People that wanted the game cant get it yet because their store ran out

Hybriidz
03-06-2009, 01:38 PM
i saw 10,000 last night and aparently on halowars website it said there was 90,000 online about an hour ago ^^

Hybriidz
03-06-2009, 01:40 PM
ohh and time difference plays a big part ^^ like americans come online when i go to sleep (around 11 GMT) lol