PDA

View Full Version : Strike em out throw em out achievement

BladeMDP
03-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Figured I would start a discussion on this secret achievement - the one where you have to perform a strike em out throw them out. This one's giving me a little trouble - I've got my "boosted team" that I'm playing against for achs (Cubs with all attributes at the min), but I put their stealing aggressiveness (or whatever it's called) attribute at 100%. I can't get anyone to steal, much less with two strikes. Any suggestions out there?

Ryyann
03-05-2009, 08:56 PM
do oyu know is this achievement works with two controllers...or do it online.

tell me if it doesent work with my methods i would like to know ***i havent tried it yet

EOU Findub
03-05-2009, 09:27 PM
I was wrong...use the method right below my post. :)

plimpdaddy
03-05-2009, 10:15 PM
I got the cheeve in a 2-1 game vs Seattle. In the 8th they had someone steal with 2 strikes and i got him and threw out the runner at second.

Du Werk
03-05-2009, 10:26 PM
get in an online ranked match and kindly ask the person if they would let you perform this and just say youll return the favor...

EOU Findub
03-05-2009, 10:27 PM
I got the cheeve in a 2-1 game vs Seattle. In the 8th they had someone steal with 2 strikes and i got him and threw out the runner at second.

Ah, I thought they were asking about the double-out rule (even though it only counts for one). I wasn't aware that you could throw someone out who is stealing and strike them out. :) Thanks for the tip! Only played this game a little bit so I am still getting the hang of it.

norcalsniper
03-05-2009, 10:40 PM
A pitch has to be in the dirt...to which the player has to swing and miss. If the catcher doesn't get the ball right away or it is a passed ball but the batter still swings, you have the opportunity to throw him out.

Hope this helps...

Wrong, that is not what the Achievement is. You have to get a "Strike em' out, throw em' out Double Play".

1. Have a CPU baserunner at 1st.
2. Get the CPU batter to a 3-Balls, 2-Strikes count and hope they have the runner steal.

To improve your odds, edit your catchers throwing stats and edit the CPU's running stats and strikeout stats.

EOU Findub
03-05-2009, 10:43 PM
Wrong, that is not what the Achievement is. You have to get a "Strike em' out, throw em' out Double Play".

1. Have a CPU baserunner at 1st.
2. Get the CPU batter to a 3-Balls, 2-Strikes count and hope they have the runner steal.

To improve your odds, edit your catchers throwing stats and edit the CPU's running stats and strikeout stats.

Read the post above yours. I will edit the top one to not confuse anyone. :)

norcalsniper
03-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Sorry. I didn't see that.