PDA

View Full Version : Updating the leaderboards Pt.2

TX Dead Man TX
03-08-2009, 03:53 PM
I made a thread about this issue awhile back and lord behold, it was locked. I had signed up for the 200 and the 1000 club totals back on Jan. 23 (I believe that was the date) and I have yet to see the leaderboards updated. I know that the mods on this website have a life outside of this, but what is it going to take to get these leaderboards up to date? Is there a certain time frame? Please don't be offended when you read this. All I'm trying to do is get some information about this issue. If I'm posting wrong, could you please tell me. I read the rules and I think I'm doing them right. I just think that whoever does the updating on this site can do a better job. Again, I'm sorry for being such a hard***. Thanks.

Jappe XBA
03-08-2009, 05:25 PM
That is what I want to know also.. it's taking quite a time from the leaderboards to update... Again if you need any help updating the leaderboards, contact me, I'd gladly help you ;)

Pashos
03-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Well signing up for the 1000 and 200 clubs is completely different than the leaderboards. If you want to be on the actual leaderboards, you have to sign up here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=123755). If you already signed up for the 1000 and 200 clubs, then check in the sign-up threads to see if your post has gotten deleted yet. If it has then check the clubs you signed up for to make sure your gamertag is on them.

Also, I'm assuming that these (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/leaderboards/)are the leaderboards that you want to be on?

impmeister
03-09-2009, 05:40 PM
I've noticed that some of the individual game leaderboards haven't been updating. For example the PES 2009 leaderboard shows me at 185 gamerscore even though I have been at 325 for at least a month.

Jappe XBA
03-10-2009, 02:18 PM
WTF?! My gamertag is jappe66 still there and my GS is in 14000:confused:

CovertDog
03-10-2009, 02:23 PM
WTF?! My gamertag is jappe66 still there and my GS is in 14000:confused:

If you change your GT you have to post for the leader board again and mention in the post that you are changing your tag from A to B.

Jappe XBA
03-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Yeah I noticed that a moment ago :P

Crimson Ridley
03-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Pandora is the only one AFAIK who updates the 1000 and 200 Clubs and she always has a hell of a lot to go through. Your post may have been missed but I'm sure eventually she will get to it.

Jappe XBA
03-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Pandora is the only one AFAIK who updates the 1000 and 200 Clubs and she always has a hell of a lot to go through. Your post may have been missed but I'm sure eventually she will get to it.

I know she has a lot of work to do, but they could add a person to help her so she would have less work :)

eskEMO
04-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Hey man, let me go check for ya. I'll edit this post in a sec.

EDIT: Your post looks fine, Pandora has probably just been really busy. Just give it some time and hopefully it gets updated soon. I know everyone has been busting their ass to get everything done around here...they're not blatantly ignoring you. :)

Jedi ObiJoe
04-15-2009, 02:00 AM
I'm also curious about the individual game leaderboards. I have been on the m ain leaderboard for quite some time now. When you click on my name it goes to my leaderboard status but I don't have any game listed there.

Did I do something wrong? Do I need to sign up somewhere else? All of the other post and threads I have found do not answer the question. I have read that it takes a while for the software to update everything but I have been on the leaderboard a long time. I know you all have a lot of work to do and most of this stuff is way over my head. Just curious - thanks for the help.

GrUnTxSKaTeR
04-15-2009, 02:42 AM
As for getting onto the main leaderboard, Pandora hasn't been very active with the site and whenever a mod sees a bunch of people waiting to get on the list, they add them. So be patient.

As for the individual game leaderboards, I'm pretty sure I remember someone saying that they were having trouble and that they weren't being updated correctly. Not sure if its been fixed.

Remember the mods/admins are very busy here and that there are usually higher priorities then to update the leaderboards.

jukkakhan
04-15-2009, 04:23 AM
I'm also curious about the individual game leaderboards. I have been on the m ain leaderboard for quite some time now. When you click on my name it goes to my leaderboard status but I don't have any game listed there.

Did I do something wrong? Do I need to sign up somewhere else? All of the other post and threads I have found do not answer the question. I have read that it takes a while for the software to update everything but I have been on the leaderboard a long time. I know you all have a lot of work to do and most of this stuff is way over my head. Just curious - thanks for the help.

If you're on the main site leaderboard, you should appear on the individual game leaderboards eventually. I remember reading in one of the other threads that there may be something preventing it from updating and they were looking into it. Just give it some time and it should be sorted out soon enough.

Jedi ObiJoe
04-16-2009, 12:32 PM
No prob - thanks for the help. I'm not really in any rush - I know how hard it is to run a site like this and I really appreciate all the hard work you all do to keep it running for us. I'm on the main leaderboard so that is really the most important - I just wanted to see myself on the top of the Legendary leaderboard - pretty selfish I know - just thought it would be cool.

Thanks again for you help and thanks to everyone who makes this site so great.

dakisbac
08-14-2009, 04:46 PM
I've actually been curious about this too. I'm on the main leaderboard (and have been for a while) but it shows I have 45k still. And I've never been on any of the game specific leaderboards AFAIK (and I've checked)

Cacky
08-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Pandora has stepped down as Maximum Clubs Director. Myself and [Waggly Bean] have been chosen to become the new Directors. The clubs will be updated very soon; we have yet to aquire the "powers" that are required.

dakisbac
08-15-2009, 02:06 AM
Nice one. Once the backlog is cleared I'll add the games I've completed since my last update

Tatanko
08-15-2009, 03:33 AM
Glad to see something is FINALLY being done. It's so behind...I'm glad I'm not in your shoes, Cacky.

jackanape
08-15-2009, 01:50 PM
While the forum leaderboards (for the maximum clubs etc) will be updated in due course, thanks to the appointment of two helpful new folks, the main site leaderboard will still be MIA for some time.

The reason behind this is that the coding needs a complete overhaul, mainly due to the changes brought about on xbox.com, and that will require some extreme coding changes.

It's not going to happen overnight and will probably take a good few months to resolve. This might not be the answer you were looking for sadly - but progress is being made.

Cheers.

jackanape
09-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Still waiting.... This is ridiculious!!!!

Read my post above - where I said it would take a few months to sort out. The coding needs a total rewrite (as I already said) so the leaderboards basically need redoing from the ground up.

It is not a quick process and needs to be worked around the day to day running of the site and any number of other things that are being added.

Minty
09-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Will be longer than a few months- the script needs rewriting from scratch. There is more pressing stuff that needs working on than the leaderboards. Like it or lump it atm.